• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Just a small, $40M investment for such brilliance. I am thankful that he was taken off the market if/when Ham gets fired....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts are for what YOU do, not your co-workers.

And why do you think a team gives a player such a lucrative contract? Call me crazy but I'm guessing it's so the team might compete and win a championship, right?

Employers don't pay people just for the hell of it.

Hence my reasoning that players should get bonuses based on TEAM accomplishments, not INDIVIDUAL accomplishments.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you think a team gives a player such a lucrative contract? Call me crazy but I'm guessing it's so the team might compete and win a championship, right?

Hence my reasoning that players should get bonuses based on TEAM accomplishments, not INDIVIDUAL accomplishments.
It depends on your line of work. Some get bonuses off team/company-wide goals and some get bonuses off individual goals...some both.
I don't think there is a right or wrong but for professional sports it seems strange to give a 5% bonus bc the team gets 10 wins and makes the playoffs. Makes more sense to do incentive-based bonuses when they originally work up players' contracts IMO. This is how they also work in injury concerns-playing a minimum number of games. Some players' contracts have more than a few stipulations where they salary can increase or decrease. It's not just so simple as black and white.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahaha! Ain’t this the tits? Adam Silver hates the Sixers. Dude clearly had reason to be a late scratch. Silver doesn’t even care this is a rotten look. He just wakes up and says Fuck the Sixers, haha. Fuck you you corpse looking bitch!
I mean they did scratch him like 15 minutes prior to the game. You can't do that to bettors.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they did scratch him like 15 minutes prior to the game. You can't do that to bettors.

yea that's the lesson

gambling powers probably half of sports interest.

If you're shaky you didn't start feeling it 5 minutes before tip.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea that's the lesson

gambling powers probably half of sports interest.

If you're shaky you didn't start feeling it 5 minutes before tip.
Yup if people quit betting on games a whole bunch of them don’t watch.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you're dooming players drafted to struggling franchises and dooming those franchises to lose their drafted players after their rookie contracts.

Playoff and championship bonuses are a thing regardless. IST too (lol).

Last edited: