• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2016 Dodgers Starting Rotation

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for clarity on the rotation, it looks like this (in order of depth):

Kershaw
Kazmir
Maeda
Wood
Stripling
Bolsinger

Ryu is looking at making "at least four more rehab starts" so that puts him at the first or second week of June to make his season debut, barring any setbacks, if he makes 4-5 more.

McCarthy could possibly make his first rehab start next week. I haven't heard any particulars, but I get the feeling that they will go more slowly with him than they are with Ryu. So I would guess optimistically at late June / early July as an ETA for him.

Urias is blowing away all the the AAA hitters as a teenager and the youngest player in AAA, but with his pitch cap and lack of experience pitching late into games, you have to expect that he'll be in the bullpen if he gets called up this season.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013-2014 Alex Wood looks back, I mean he looks awesome.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is in trouble on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see if these guys can turn things around and whether or not the FO will play a hand in attempting to turn things around. A solid SP, a shutdown RP and an offensive force would do the trick. Can't say the near future is bright, but, it's baseball so anything can happen.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of suckage going on on both side of the ball! Unfortunately we have wasted a few well pitched games, fortunately as bad as we have played, we are still not that far back considering the Giants have been playing well. Again we haven't had a nice little win streak, so hopefully we are due for that soon before we get buried!
It's hard to win when we are throwing our # 6--7-8-and #9 options out there as starting pitchers? Hopefully RYU comes back and helps stabilize the rotation a little, although that's asking a lot for someone that hasn't pitched in quite some time!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon McCarthy is scheduled to throw 4 innings in AAA Oklahoma tonight.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Brandon McCarthy made his excellent start last weekend, this Thursday Hyun-Jin Ryu will be making his first MLB appearance since pogs were cool and gameboys weren't in color and required 4 AA batteries.*

Ryu is expected to take Julio Urias' spot in the rotation. It shouldn't be interpreted as demoted for an unworthy Urias, but more of an intentional pacing of his usage to avoid overworking him so early in his career.

*Also the only version of Gameboy that I had. I actually had two because my brother let him have his.

So, this brings us to a rotation that looks like (in no particular order):

Norris
McCarthy
Kazmir (L)
Maeda
Ryu (L)