• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2016 Dodgers Starting Rotation

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries have got to stop. Seriously, this is enough.

I am tired of Friedman saying "freak injury" for every injury it appears. Its nobodys fault of course, but this team has got to start staying healthy for heaven's sake.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries have got to stop. Seriously, this is enough.

I am tired of Friedman saying "freak injury" for every injury it appears. Its nobodys fault of course, but this team has got to start staying healthy for heaven's sake.
Okay well then what's your suggestion? A freak injury is a freak injury, and it can't be avoided. Like what, Ethier isn't supposed to hit foul balls anymore in case they crack his shin?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay well then what's your suggestion? A freak injury is a freak injury, and it can't be avoided. Like what, Ethier isn't supposed to hit foul balls anymore in case they crack his shin?

I'm obviously just venting. Like I said, its nobodys fault. A mostly healthy Dodger can do a lot of damage this year.

Hopefully we pass on the injury bug to someone else.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why depth is so important, and the Dodgers boast one of the deepest 40-man rosters in MLB.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why depth is so important, and the Dodgers boast one of the deepest 40-man rosters in MLB.
Well, its our depth that is starting to get hurt though. Most injury plagued Spring Training I have ever seen.

Hopefully Bolsy heals quickly. I don't want to see Frias or Lee out there. I wish De Leon would have taken the 5th spot but it appears he still has some work to do in AAA.

I can't wait till the kids start coming up in waves.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee might be fine. I think they'll go with Beachy though. Just seems like Roberts has had a thing for him (but it's not necessarily his call).

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee might be fine. I think they'll go with Beachy though. Just seems like Roberts has had a thing for him (but it's not necessarily his call).

Are you worried about De Leon's spring? I really wish he would have come out stronger. I keep waiting for him to take advantage of the situation but it appears he needs more time.

I look forward to hopefully having Urias, De Leon and Holmes as part of our pitching staff for years to come....hopefully.

Throw Cotton ,Montas and maybe Anderson in their as relief pitchers and we are in business!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried about De Leon? What is there to worry about?

Montas is out for 2-4 months because of surgery, in case you forgot.

Anderson and Cotton are still starters (so is Montas, actually).

It's not out of the real of possibility to see Urias and/or De Leon make it to the bigs this year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried about De Leon? What is there to worry about?

Montas is out for 2-4 months because of surgery, in case you forgot.

Anderson and Cotton are still starters (so is Montas, actually).

It's not out of the real of possibility to see Urias and/or De Leon make it to the bigs this year.

I think Cotton and Anderson will be better coming out of the pen personally. Montas seems like he can be a dominating 8th inning guy.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cotton and Anderson will be better coming out of the pen personally. Montas seems like he can be a dominating 8th inning guy.
Most scouting reports I've read jive with the idea that Anderson and Montas can both be elite relievers. Cotton, the jury is still out - he has a decent pitch mix and has a chance to stay a starter.

The most important thing is that all three of them are being treated like starters and are in development to become starters. The Dodgers only moved Cotton to the pen at the very end of last year to see what was there in the hail-mary chance that he might be needed as a reliever down the stretch. Outside of that, he's a starter.

All three of them are most valuable as starters so the Dodgers aren't going to move any of them to the pen until they have to. Just like Corey Seager at SS. He's most valuable as a SS even though there's umpteen talent evaluators out there insisting he should be at 3B. Therefore the Dodgers are keeping him where he's most valuable until such a time as a change needs to be made.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this rotation to start out does better than I think it will. Offense should score some runs to help. Guess after Ryu, Anderson and Bolsinger get healthy it will be much better. I think Frias should get the 5th spot

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this rotation to start out does better than I think it will. Offense should score some runs to help. Guess after Ryu, Anderson and Bolsinger get healthy it will be much better. I think Frias should get the 5th spot
Yeah looks likely that he'll get it. It's him or Lee.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Frias or Stripling now I guess. No clue why Lee keeps getting yanked around. And just fucking great..... Frias is a shitty starter and he's gonna get the gig. Ugh.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross Stripling named Dodgers #5 starter. Frias optioned to AAA. I'm honestly pretty surprised but I'll take it. It's only going to be a few starts more than likely.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy for Stripling. I had him pegged like 9th on the SP depth chart entering spring training.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, right Villian, that's why you didnt mention him in your original post to this thread, even though you mentioned 14 other guys that were possible options!
then "after" spring training had started you mentioned him as possibly the 13th option!
Ya, we can all see who the options are after spring training starts, so don't act like you "pegged" this guy as the 9th option, we could all see he had a chance after the fact!

Of course I didn't go by his Sabermetric stats, which must have shown he was the 9th best option to start for us, because thats what you judge "everything" by!:L

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, right Villian, that's why you didnt mention him in your original post to this thread, even though you mentioned 14 other guys that were possible options!
then "after" spring training had started you mentioned him as possibly the 13th option!
Ya, we can all see who the options are after spring training starts, so don't act like you "pegged" this guy as the 9th option, we could all see he had a chance after the fact!

Of course I didn't go by his Sabermetric stats, which must have shown he was the 9th best option to start for us, because thats what you judge "everything" by!:L

LOL...agreed.

Remember that Hatcher is the next Gagne...scratch that...he is the next Rivera. I will create a formula and prove why I am right...LOL

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that Hatcher is the next Gagne...scratch that...he is the next Rivera. I will create a formula and prove why I am right...LOL
You asked what the appeal was with Hatcher so I told you. His fastball is very good and he used it really well at the end of the year in 2015 after he came back from the DL.

Why are you putting up this strawman crap? You argue like a child.