• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015 Starting Rotation - 2 Cy Young Winners and a Bunch of Injuries

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIP: 3.34 Latos, 4.11 Shields
K%: 21.2% Latos, 26.3% Shields*
BB%: 6.7% Latos, 8.4% Shields
WAR: 1.4 Latos, 1.0 Shields**
HR/FB: 9.2% Latos, 17.9% Shields

Actually NO we don't want your precious Sabr stats! Again you just don't gmet it, we have all said that ya we would rather have Hamels, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Shields. "you" can say he has lost velocity and that his stats are "trending" downward, again not true. Win-loss record may not be the best way to value a pitcher, but wins usually mean that you kept your team in the game, and that's what Shields does!

You want to say that Latos had a ruff start at the beginning of the year, that's all fine and good, but give Shields the same leeway then! Sheilds had a few bad starts, overall he has pitched 16 games out of 22 where he gave up 3 or fewer runs, that's keeping your team in the game. You can spin your little stats any which way that you want, Shields is still a good pitcher and he doesn't suck any where near what you think he does! He's Era is right at his career mark, he's going to throw as many innings as he always does (that's called an inning eater and means that you pitched well enough to stay in games), which also means you gave your team a chance to win, he's walks are up and so are is strikeouts, big deal, he's still getting people out! I would love to have a guy on our team that SUCKED this bad!

Again you keep asking "what you are missing" and again we keep trying to tell you, but you and your metrics have you dismissing everything else!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I wanted the Dodgers to trade for Price, I am so glad they didn't give up the pieces that Toronto did. Also, I love that Price won't be attached to a QO this winter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I wanted the Dodgers to trade for Price, I am so glad they didn't give up the pieces that Toronto did. Also, I love that Price won't be attached to a QO this winter.

Other teams were more desperate than the Dodgers. We still have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league in Kershaw and Greinke. Don't remember a time when 2 pitchers on the same club had a scoreless inning streaks of at least 43 and 29 at the same time.

Yes, I understand the situation completely. I don't know what your point is. I hated to see Uribe go, but I understand why it happened.

Okay, Hamels and Shields are not coming. I don't care anymore. I'm not going to talk about them anymore. I've said enough.

How can you be against the trade then? Unless you wanted to say "fuck you Uribe" and force him to be on a team he was no longer interested in playing for.

We'll just agree to disagree on Shields being complete garbage.

Like I said, I'd be happy with a decent pitcher or two, or maybe three seeing as how the Dodgers are reportedly still interested in Gallardo. Wood was a nice pickup and losing Olivera doesn't hurt at all. Latos will enjoy pitching at the Ravine. Jim Johnson was icing on the cake.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yovani Gallardo... meh... He's not an improvement over Latos, Wood, or Anderson. I don't see the point.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post trade deadline rotation (in chronological order):

Greinke
Kershaw (L)
Latos
Wood
Anderson (L)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post trade deadline rotation (in chronological order):

Greinke
Kershaw (L)
Latos
Wood
Anderson (L)

Wow, thanks again for the inside information!

And just an FYI, Wood is also a lefty! But thanks for the effort!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Villian" just for you, I think Latos's velocity looked down, plus he only had ONE strikeout, that's unacceptable, I don't think he's the answer!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1StartSampleSizes?
Yeah, it's important to not get too excited. Don't need to set ourselves up for another Casey Blake situation.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a mechanical issue, hopefully Honey figures it out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Villian isn't in here complaining about Latos and his ONE strikeout through 2 games,(I wonder if his velocity is down LOL) oh that's right he wouldn't bring that up after all he lobbied for Latos! I'd rather have Bolsinger starting than Latos!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mat Latos is probably done. What a flop.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mat Latos is probably done. What a flop.

Yep you will rip Duke for his opinions, but you thought Latos was a good move! LOL

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you will rip Duke for his opinions, but you thought Latos was a good move! LOL

That trade was great, nothing wrong with acquiring him, he just hasnt worked out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade was great, nothing wrong with acquiring him, he just hasnt worked out.

Hey I just like ripping Villian any chance I can get, since he feels it necessary to do it to anyone that doesn't agree with his viewpoint.

I wouldn't say the trade was "great" we picked up some nice pieces, but nothing special! I think Wood should be pretty good as our # 4 or 5 next year, peraza should be a nice utility player, Avilian "could" be ok, on top of paying $28 million of Oliveras contract. Latos, Johnson, Morse, and arroyo, all suck!
I thought before the trade we were fine with Bolsinger over Latos, now if the Dodgers would have wanted to go with one of the better pitchers available that maybe would have been different!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it just shows that you never know what you're going to get. Check this out:

436QTE3.png

Now, that's obviously a super small sample size. 42.1 IP for Price, 35.2 for Wood, 35.1 for Samardzija, 34 for Cueto and Hamels, 28.1 for Kazmir, 19.1 for Leake, and 17.1 for Latos. Still, that's what these guys have all done for their teams in the last 30 days (access this leaderboard here and you can play around with the start and end dates if you want, you can also see the other stats).

It's almost a fruitless exercise to dig really deep into these stats (that sample size, so so small), but on the surface you can see that Wood has been surprisingly effective while Samardzija has been not-so-good and Cueto has been "meh." Still four more weeks of regular season ball to go.

Wood is auditioning for a Game 3 start in the NLDS right now. And Latos... :doh: