• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015 Dodgers Outfield - Puig, Pederson, and a bunch of other people

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruggiano, Van Slyke, and Heisey bout to see a lot of playing time this week. Really missing Kike right about now.

Bonus note via TBLA:

"The Dodgers are hitting .265/.339/.418 against southpaws this season, with a .329 wOBA, tops in the National League in on-base percentage, slugging percentage, OPS, wOBA, OPS+ (112) and wRC+ (110), ad third in batting average."

Ya that makes sense, let's play a inferior lineup and hope that we win. You play your best players until you have home field wrapped up. It makes no sense to let the Mets possibly overtake us record wise! That's fine if you want to sprinkle a couple of guys into the lineup, but that lineup last night was ridiculous, we were lucky to win it with Wood pitching a good game!

Last edited:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier isn't one of our best players when facing a LHP though in which I assume the gripe is about.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier isn't one of our best players when facing a LHP though in which I assume the gripe is about.
10 years of Ethier's stats say one thing: don't start him against lefties.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that, it's the fact that if we face a tough lefty in the playoffs are we going to throw that lineup out there? I don't think so! We need to win every game that we can right now, we don't want the Mets to have home field advantage over us! That's fine if you want to sprinkle a couple of these guys in there, but to have 5 or even 6 of your starting 8 hitting under .250, just doesn't seem like it's giving your team the best chance of winning. And if you are just hoping that these guys get you a win, you might as well give your better players a chance to face lefties and maybe build some confidence facing lefties. Other teams always leave their better lefty hitters in when facing Kershaw, and they seem to do a lot of the damage against him?
Crawford seems to hit lefties fairly well, why does Pederson continue to start against lefties? He has struggled yet you start him against lefties,that makes no sense! Some of these righties Have proven that they can't hit against righties, let alone lefties!

Last edited:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Pederson goes, he's out there everyday regardless of pitcher because his defense is so valuable.

In the playoffs, yes, Crawford and Ethier won't be playing vs. LHP, but the good thing is Kiké and SVS and Puig should be healthy to fill their roles.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Pederson goes, he's out there everyday regardless of pitcher because his defense is so valuable.

In the playoffs, yes, Crawford and Ethier won't be playing vs. LHP, but the good thing is Kiké and SVS and Puig should be healthy to fill their roles.
Kike and Puig need to get better soon. Running out of time to be able to rehab and be 100% for the NLDS.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta be considered one of the best part-time OFers in the bigs. I'm sure he'd be starting every day for lots of other clubs.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well contrary to what Villian and some others on here think, 4 guys on MLB just backed me up about Puig. They were asked about the Supposed Kershaw comments about Puig, they all said, the Dodgers aren't trading Puig, HIS VALUE IS TO LOW!!!!!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Network is always a great source. Not.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how Andy Van Slyke would even know this.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, yes. But when Harold Reynolds is running around giving opinions, I don't listen.
I can't stand that guy. I do love me some Mark DeRosa, though. He always makes me laugh.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Network is always a great source. Not.

Well I've never taken your take on Puig very seriously anyway, since your Avitar shows you are bias to him. Bottom line is its not just these guys that think his value is low, all you have to do is look at his production, or lack of to see that his value is low.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy has talent and potential to do something and I don't really want us to trade him, but right now the guy is average and has been for over a year now. Hey average is better than below average, but don't try and say hes this big stud and that every body wants him.

Now go ahead and turn and twist that anyway you want, but its a proven fact that the Dodgers record is better without Puig in the lineup than when he is in the lineup!

As far as MLB, there are guys that I like more then others, but I think they have a better take on whats going on then you do, most of them are ex players and just might know a little bit about what theyre talking about

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wish this wasn't my username tbh, I made this as a secondary forum to use and made it during Puig mania. I'm not necessarily biased towards him. But I do love him as a good baseball player for the Dodgers.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wish this wasn't my username tbh, I made this as a secondary forum to use and made it during Puig mania. I'm not necessarily biased towards him. But I do love him as a good baseball player for the Dodgers.
I think an admin can change it for you. @HammerDown little help, bro???