• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015 Dodgers Outfield - Puig, Pederson, and a bunch of other people

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I need to give some props to the Dodgers 2014 outfield. Yes, the defense was atrocious. In other threads, I've shown the stats that point to Kemp being--literally--the worst OF defender in all of baseball. We all remember that the Dodgers had "too many outfielders"(still do) and all the drama that went along with it.

That's bad, but, last year's outfield deserves credit for being the best offensive outfield in franchise history:

dodgers_of_wrc.jpg

Holy shit, right?

Anyways, that was 2014. We're in 2015 now. Here's who we can expect to see this year:

Regular Starters
Yasiel Puig - Right Field
Joc Pederson - Center Field
Carl Crawford / Scott Van Slyke - Left Field (Platoon)

Other Contributors
Andre Ethier - He's only here until a trade happens. He's the most likely to get traded, but it's possible that Crawford could get traded instead.
Chris Heisey - The word doesn't seem to be out, but his name is pronounced "high-C" not "high-Z." He'll be the first one up once a trade happens or someone hits the DL. He's decent enough defensively in center, and an elite defender in RF or LF. The bat is not so good (which is why the Reds DFA'd him and he's currently in the minors).

Worth Noting
Scott Schebler - He's a young corner outfield prospect. He's considered to be MLB-ready (or at least very close to it), and on a different team, he might be up with the big club already. Unfortunately, there are too many names ahead of him. He's very likely to get traded before he makes it to the Dodgers. Decent hitting, fielding, and a doing so as a lefty. So that means that Ethier and Crawford need to be gone before Schebler gets a shot.
Darnell Sweeney - He's kinda roadblocked as a second-base prospect. He's getting CF reps in the minors to build his value.
Alex Guerrero - I would comfortably bet 100 bucks that he'll play at least 1 inning in LF this season.
Kiké Hernandez - He's probably more of an infielder than OF, but he's awesome and we should all want him up with the big club.
Buck Britton - Right now, he's the only left-handed utility option that the Dodgers have who's ready for the big club immediately.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thread, Villain. The infield defense also wasn't as bad as some people would have you believe last year. It makes this past offseason all the more impressive because the Dodgers seemed to have improved in both offense and defense. Gonzalez and Kendrick together has been a thing of beauty so far.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another strong suit to our club. Although I'm not sure we have a real weak spot as far as position corps.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thread, Villain.

Thanks.

The infield defense also wasn't as bad as some people would have you believe last year. It makes this past offseason all the more impressive because the Dodgers seemed to have improved in both offense and defense. Gonzalez and Kendrick together has been a thing of beauty so far.

....wait a minute. Did you read it?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I'd rather all the injuries happen now then in September. Damn.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for all of that outfield depth!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see Hernandez in CF tonight.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, remember when Scott Van Slyke couldn't hit righties?

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joc Pederson is not being smart about his ABs right now. Never could understand why rookies think they have to swing as hard as humanly possible as if that alone is gonna get them out of their hitting slump. I'm sure he'll eventually figure it out.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joc Pederson is not being smart about his ABs right now. Never could understand why rookies think they have to swing as hard as humanly possible as if that alone is gonna get them out of their hitting slump. I'm sure he'll eventually figure it out.

1. He's swung this way his entire career.
2. His strikeout percentage is bery high, but his walk percentage is also very high. Just the kind of hitter he is.
3. He's a rookie who has already hit 20 home runs and he hasn't even reached the All-Star break.

Pederson is fine. This "slump" has been barely 8 games. 9 games ago he had 2 hits, the game before that was when he he homerun number 20.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He's swung this way his entire career.
2. His strikeout percentage is bery high, but his walk percentage is also very high. Just the kind of hitter he is.
3. He's a rookie who has already hit 20 home runs and he hasn't even reached the All-Star break.

Pederson is fine. This "slump" has been barely 8 games. 9 games ago he had 2 hits, the game before that was when he he homerun number 20.

God you are such a homer! I love Joc Pederson and I to think he will eventually make an adjustment, but he hasn't been in a 8 game slump, wake up !!!,

Over his past 30 games, 99 AB's he is hitting .182 with 3 HR and 7rbi, that's not a "minor" slump as you suggest!

And just for you his Woba and Wrc+ are both down From last year!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God you are such a homer! I love Joc Pederson and I to think he will eventually make an adjustment, but he hasn't been in a 8 game slump, wake up !!!,

Over his past 30 games, 99 AB's he is hitting .182 with 3 HR and 7rbi, that's not a "minor" slump as you suggest!

And just for you his Woba and Wrc+ are both down From last year!

what?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fking hilarious, I bet he blames this on his Ipad.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about fell out of my chair laughing at this one. :lol:

wOBA and wRC+ is that better for you hand holding morons? But you didn't deny it did you?

Hope you had your helmet on when you about fell!

I guess I could have said the same thing about your ridiculous claim of his 8 game slump!!!
Quit reading geek articles and actually watch the game instead of reading about it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked this because I wanted to be a part of your circle jerk! Plus I wanted to get your "like" percentage up! I'm guessing most if not all are from your other two crushes!

I probably should start liking some of Villian and Immortsls too so they can get their percentage up there too!