• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the corresponding roster move will be?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is time to go pick up a spare for LF now.

Then we can announce we are converting two more young starters into relievers. Lol

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to predict where CY strikes next? Another rotation arm? Outfielder? Reliever? Catcher? Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani package deal?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the corresponding roster move will be?
Nick Snyder was non-tendered and declared a free agent on 18 Nov, I'm guessing it was his slot...

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
30 mil still to play with and trades. Don’t go to bed early.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney just signed with the Rangers on what appears to be either a one year, or two year deal. I caught a scroll on ESPN and it's a two year deal, but is voidable after the first season.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heaney just signed with the Rangers on what appears to be either a one year, or two year deal. I caught a scroll on ESPN and it's a two year deal, but is voidable after the first season.
So if he pitches well he’ll opt out in one year. Seems like a longer term FA pitcher signing could still be in the works and this is short term insurance for now.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone getting the feeling they're signing a bunch of starting pitchers so they can put a few of them in the bullpen?
As it stands a rotation of DeGrom-Perez-Gray-Heaney-Odorizzi would have Dunning, Otto and maybe Ragans as possible bullpen pieces that offer starting ability.
Or y'all think they get sent down to AAA to stay stretched out?

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone getting the feeling they're signing a bunch of starting pitchers so they can put a few of them in the bullpen?
As it stands a rotation of DeGrom-Perez-Gray-Heaney-Odorizzi would have Dunning, Otto and maybe Ragans as possible bullpen pieces that offer starting ability.
Maybe they’ll go to a six man rotation or yes have Dunning and Otto ready for the guys that don’t go deep.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they’re covering their bases, pun not intended. Not even considering the question marks built into that rotation, baseball has become seemingly more of a war of attrition than ever. So you could almost guarantee at least one if not multiple of those five guys will be hurt for a period of time over this season. In the past, the Rangers have had seemingly no depth or contingency plan on what to do when starters got hurt. It was basically just fill in with bullpen guys and/or career minor leaguer inning eaters. I think they are building a lot of depth here with these moves. On the one hand, it does create a logjam and questions about what to do with certain pitchers. But on the other hand, it will certainly be nice to have someone like Glen Otto or Jake Odorizzi or Cole Ragans filling in for Heaney when he gets hurt rather than Spencer Howard or Kolby Allard or *insert no-name minor league spare here*.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they’ll go to a six man rotation or yes have Dunning and Otto ready for the guys that don’t go deep.
I think that might be what they’re planning.

More and more teams are adopting Tampa’s model of using openers or tandems as opposed to having to use true starters who last 6+ innings. So with a guy like Heaney, it might not matter as much if he doesn’t always go 6+ if they have a tandem starter like Otto paired up with him. Of course, this approach requires solid depth of talent, which Tampa has and the Rangers not quite yet. Seems like they’re working on it.

Also seems like they’re trying to bridge the gap until Leiter, Rocker, Winn, White, etc. are 100% major league ready.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart thing would be to keep them stretched out, but I don't have a clue what they will do.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No roster move yet?

Sborz, Miller, White, King???

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll wonder who is going to be the long relievers. Ragan’s is surely in AAA
We could move a guy like Dunning if he is a lower ina big trade.

2 years seems like a good bridge to me. A lot of hedges here just in case. No more bullpen games is a plus

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No roster move yet?

Sborz, Miller, White, King???
I think they might be trying to shop Spencer Howard to make a spot. Probably trying to see if the Brewers would like to swap Burnes for Howard plus Brad Miller and Eli White. Maybe sweeten the pot by including a random IF from A-ball?