• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those 3 pitchers have the talent that Heaney does.
You are giving Heaney 126 starts to judge his talent and you are mainly going on the last 14 of them. Give those other three pitchers longer and see what kind of adjustments they can make before comparing talent levels.

Heaney would easily out pitch Ragans to begin 2023, but who knows how much better Ragans will be before Heaney gets half way through a three of 4 year contract. Not saying he gets better, but usually guys pitch better with a few dozen starts under their belt. Who knows how much better he gets.?

I would rather go with either Dunning or Otto to begin 2023 than give Heaney a multiyear deal. I say that not even expecting those two to stay in our rotation more than another year or so even if they were given a chance to begin 2023 in the rotation. We have better guys coming behind them fairly soon.

Again, long term, I am hoping to not to have to depend on either of the three simply because I hope our guys coming up surpass them.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are giving Heaney 126 starts to judge his talent and you are mainly going on the last 14 of them. Give those other three pitchers longer and see what kind of adjustments they can make before comparing talent levels.

Heaney would easily out pitch Ragans to begin 2023, but who knows how much better Ragans will be before Heaney gets half way through a three of 4 year contract. Not saying he gets better, but usually guys pitch better with a few dozen starts under their belt. Who knows how much better he gets.?

I would rather go with either Dunning or Otto to begin 2023 than give Heaney a multiyear deal. I say that not even expecting those two to stay in our rotation more than another year or so even if they were given a chance to begin 2023 in the rotation. We have better guys coming behind them fairly soon.

Again, long term, I am hoping to not to have to depend on either of the three simply because I hope our guys coming up surpass them.
It all depends on what you’re going for here and what kind of deal would be required to sign Heaney. If it’s long-term with bigger dollars, then no, of course not.

But if the goal is winning this year, Heaney unquestionably improves the rotation and/or overall pitching staff.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue for me isn't how good Heaney could potentially be. it's that there are better options out there, and I prefer the Rangers chase those.
Yes. Let someone else gamble on him. He wants a 4 year deal.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Heaney's last 8 starts he put up an ERA of 4.91 and allowed an OPS of .840. He struck out a ton, but gave up 12 HR in 36.2 innings.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the FO surprisingly seems to be ready to spend as much, if not more, than last year, in order of preference I'd rank Rodón #1, then Senga, then Taillon, anyone else would be ranked below these three.
If we cannot get one of those then we would probably need to trade for a pitcher. That is, if they are dead set on adding one more pitcher and I think they are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what you’re going for here and what kind of deal would be required to sign Heaney. If it’s long-term with bigger dollars, then no, of course not.

But if the goal is winning this year, Heaney unquestionably improves the rotation and/or overall pitching staff.
It is said that he has 3 year offers, but wants a 4th year.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is said that he has 3 year offers, but wants a 4th year.
If it’s 4 years, then I’m out. I’m all for upgrading every single last spot on the roster, and Heaney would do that in some spots. But not at the cost of lengthier contracts and blocking future spots for potentially better pitchers. I’m just not a fan at all of Otto and especially Dunning.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB trade rumors are reporting Rangers and Heaney close to a deal

Reactions: DTC

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years is nothing. With that deal, it’s just Ray Davis’ money on the line. If he doesn’t care, which it looks more and more like he doesn’t, then we shouldn’t either. If it works and Maddux can get him to go deeper into games, it’s a win. If not, then they can just DFA him, put him in the pen, or flip him at the deadline.

Reactions: DTC

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so ... deGrom/Perez/Gray/Heaney/Odorizzi

I guess that means no Rodon or Senga. I am sad.
If that is in fact what it means, then I agree 100%.

I hope there’s still more in the works and they have plans for Odorizzi as a swing man or spot starter.

deGrom/Rodon/Perez/Gray/Heaney would be ridiculous.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years is nothing. With that deal, it’s just Ray Davis’ money on the line. If he doesn’t care, which it looks more and more like he doesn’t, then we shouldn’t either. If it works and Maddux can get him to go deeper into games, it’s a win. If not, then they can just DFA him, put him in the pen, or flip him at the deadline.
Hopefully you're right on him performance-wise, and he can stay relatively healthy.
The financial cost isn't too bad but the risk is big.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the move
Free agents are always a gamble, especially with Heaney.
But i like the signing a lot!!

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he also has an opt out after this season, so we could be on the hook for just 1 season.