• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going into the draft I was not big on this guy at all. Thought he played like a little kid in a way. Was huge on Bortles, still am for the most part. Liked Carr, like him more now. Was somewhat torn on Johnny Foozball. At times he seemed like a midget, gimmick QB with a douchey personality. At other times he seemed like a gimmicky, midget douche who might just be good in the league.

Out of those four, Breigewater has been the most successful this year, IMO. (JFF hasn't had his moment in the sun yet. It's coming.). Thndr was huge on the guy, I thought he was nuts. I was wrong. Saw Minny getting a third QB that couldn't be a winner in this league. Like I said, I wrong.

He's taken over a team that has lost it's HOF, still top 3,4-5 RB, out of virtually nowhere. And replaced him with a rookie that has flashes but can't be trusted to pass protect. And a glorified Fullback that is less nimble than a run stopping linebacker. Plus their stud TE has missed time and their number 1 WR is old and not what he once was.

They've won 4 of their last six. And Teddy has tossed 9 TDs with just 3 picks during that span.(No multiple Int games in there either.) I think they have a QB for the first time since Grampaw Favre stopped by. And a QB from the start for the first time since Daunte was chuckin' it up for Moss to go get it.

What d'you guys think?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good portion of last weeks game...they threw several screens and short passes. KISS...cant knock him there. You make good points, but I just dont think he will be very good. Bortles and Carr have shown flashes without much help...Carr More so. Now onto Johnny Football. He will be the best of the bunch...mark my words...he had me at the edge of my seat 2 weeks ago. What I saw was the same thing that made him great in college. Quick, confident, decisive play...TD drive quick and easy. And that was in his first action in a game where they were getting shut down. Yes I seem to have a mancrush on Johnny. Im rooting for him. Midgets stick together.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still torn on Foozball. Obviously I haven't seen anything much since preseason to sway me one way or the other. He could be good, he could sweet as hell, or he could get broken in half by guys that want to take him down a peg. It'll be interesting to see. We probably won't know much more this year anyway.

So you're down on Teddy?

I've been impressed by how much he doesn't suck. Thought he'd have crashed and burned by now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Teddy would bust in the NFL. Still could. I've got the NFL Red Zone and seen enough of him to say he shows flashes but nothing that makes you go wow! And when he's bad he's really bad. Lions should have no problem with him on Sunday. Doesn't scare me at all.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This practice squad player Charles Johnson has all of sudden become Teddy's fav target. Been getting deep balls and long TDs as of late. Has been a strength of Lions this year. Not giving up the big plays. Seems the D has been good enough to adventually get a stop when forcing teams to drive the full field.

While I do think Teddy is blossoming in Norv's offense lately, not sure he has seen the relentless pressure lately. Suh and the defense keep that going on their side and Matt playing stellar ball with his gents and they should take care of bidness.

Need to clean up the mistakes from last week though. Would of been hard to get a victory last week against a decent team. Played a dominating get sloppy game at times.

Ohh and I also was wrong on Teddy. Thought Blake would be the cream of the crop. Might still be wrong yet again on the count of Mr. Carr. Doing good things with nothing out west. Not winning but playing decent QB for sure.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've learned nothing from Marvin Lewis' sins.

[YOUTUBE]zu-lJpLRP1Q[/YOUTUBE]

I may have been playing off Marv's comments. And I mighta been makin' a little dig at good ol' Ed...... maybe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This practice squad player Charles Johnson has all of sudden become Teddy's fav target. Been getting deep balls and long TDs as of late. Has been a strength of Lions this year. Not giving up the big plays. Seems the D has been good enough to adventually get a stop when forcing teams to drive the full field.

While I do think Teddy is blossoming in Norv's offense lately, not sure he has seen the relentless pressure lately. Suh and the defense keep that going on their side and Matt playing stellar ball with his gents and they should take care of bidness.

Need to clean up the mistakes from last week though. Would of been hard to get a victory last week against a decent team. Played a dominating get sloppy game at times.

Ohh and I also was wrong on Teddy. Thought Blake would be the cream of the crop. Might still be wrong yet again on the count of Mr. Carr. Doing good things with nothing out west. Not winning but playing decent QB for sure.

I still think Bortles is the top of this class when all things shake out. But I think the group is far better than what Id originally thought.

This Vikings team IS that decent team. Winning there(given Staff got no help from his friends)was no easy task. And that was Teddy's second start, I think.

This time around will be a much better test. And our first real competition since NE.

Will be impressed if they can get to him consistantly and even more if they can force him to throw multiple picks. He hasn't done that in 8 games. Buffalo got him to. After we made him throw three the week before.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're down on Teddy?

I've been impressed by how much he doesn't suck. Thought he'd have crashed and burned by now.
I'm with you on that Smitty. And I'm happy as hell he is a Viking. I don't think he has an NFL arm. I do think he has some moxy, but he has a low ceiling IMO. I've never been high on college arm QB's ....Joey sunshine comes to mind. They throw that arcball. Like I said, I did see a bit of last weeks game, the game winning TD was 99% the receiver...I think it was Jarius Wright. Small window to judge I know. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles the Lions D.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was Jarius on a receiver screen I thought when saw the highlight. Very short route if not a screen, did not really pay close attention during highlights

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've learned nothing from Marvin Lewis' sins.
In my defense, I was having a very bad day. I just got out of jail that morning, I was on a bus that flipped over 17 times, Bitch tried to stab me in the bathroom, and somebody blew up my porche. I just wanted a fucking gun to help me straighten out my day.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has done enough to win but the Vikings have been playing some pretty bad teams. Detroit's defense will dominate.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent seen much minny outside of the detroit game, but stats wise Bridgewater is improving pretty quickly.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy was the most "pro-ready" QB in the draft this past offseason... with the lowest ceiling. He's our QB. Not enamored with him, but he hasn't cost us any games. Our O-line has been a mess for a couple years now.... Fix that and who knows. Tough to grade him with what he's shown, or what he's been asked to do.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured he'd be an adequate starter. Didn't expect it this season though. Pretty impressive really.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 90 percent sure teddy will go the route of ponder

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten percent chance he goes the warren moon route.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 90 percent sure teddy will go the route of ponder

They have similar arm strength but that is where the comparisons stop. His arm strength is adequate but he makes up for it with accuracy and anticipation. Teddy is a classic "gym rat" who loves football and will put in whatever work it takes to be a quality starter in the league. Really good head on his shoulders. He has a bit of a wanky delivery but it seems to get where it needs to go. I think the Vikings straight up stole this kid at pick #32.

I still would of took Johnny football over him and still would to this day. The guy will either flat out bust or be a star. He could get injured but so could any other QB. I love the fact that he is cocky and shows elite competitiveness. Makes everyone around him believe they can win. Browns should of switched to him after they let the Jags get their first win of the season.

Personally not impressed by Bortles or Carr to be honest. Bortles reminds me of Jake Locker for some reason. Not backed by any facts but just a feeling I get when I watch him play.