• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected but it still does not change my opinion on Tebow not making the team and the reasons why. Tebow brings nothing to the table that warrants the need for his talents. He is a Running Back who thinks he can play QB. He is horrible passer.

That "Horrible" passer had 7 games in 2011 where he had a QB rating of over 90. That "Horrible" passer has a positive TD/INT ratio. That "Horrible" passer had a 8-6 record as a starter. That "Horrible" passer passed for passed for 9000 yards in college with an 88/15 TD to INT ratio and completed 67% of his passes in the toughest conference in college football.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow sucks, he has always sucked... That is why every team gets rid of him quickly... Because he sucks. Plain and simple.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "Horrible" passer had 7 games in 2011 where he had a QB rating of over 90. That "Horrible" passer has a positive TD/INT ratio. That "Horrible" passer had a 8-6 record as a starter. That "Horrible" passer passed for passed for 9000 yards in college with an 88/15 TD to INT ratio and completed 67% of his passes in the toughest conference in college football.

And yet he has been out of the NFL for 2 years. Oh wait....it was not because he can't play the position it is because he is too big a star.......Elvis err...Tebow has left the building......smh.

You take homerism to an entirely different level....enjoy...I am done here.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he has been out of the NFL for 2 years. Oh wait....it was not because he can't play the position it is because he is too big a star.......Elvis err...Tebow has left the building......smh.

You take homerism to an entirely different level....enjoy...I am done here.

yes...the facts don't quite fit the narrative offered up by Tebow haters. Sorry if that is disturbing for you.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find threads here I repeatedly hate on Tebow? I only state what I think of him as a QB and while it obviously offends you there fact of the matter is in my opinion he a horrible QB. I can't of an QB in the NFL right now I would take him over. He is that bad.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find threads here I repeatedly hate on Tebow? I only state what I think of him as a QB and while it obviously offends you there fact of the matter is in my opinion he a horrible QB. I can't of an QB in the NFL right now I would take him over. He is that bad.

Your entitled to your opinion, however, I suggest your a hater as your clearly not looking at it objectively. His record of accomplishment far exceeds all third string QBs and most 2nd string QBs.

Would you rather have your third stringer play QB the conventional way and do it poorly, or would you rather throw something totally different at the defense with a guy that has proven he can be successful that way?

You don't like the WAY he plays the game....which is your prerogative, but you are ignoring the fact that he is successful with how he plays the game. Its really somewhat irrational to be that picky about HOW a guy wins games. I want a good QB team, and for a third stringer you can't always be picky about how he gets there.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do w/ Tebow the person. Now Tebow the NFL qb isn't good. Here are some of his stats from the 2011 season...

regular season completion %: 46.5, 18 total TD's (12 passing/6 rushing) in 14 games, also had 6 int's & a league leading 14 fumbles & was sacked 33 times

post season completion %: 40.4, sacked 5 times

If he was really an NFL qb there are plenty of teams that would have given him a chance. A perfect example are the Browns. Their QB situation has been a disaster for a long time now & yet they don't even want him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Kind of silly that people are much more interested in the Tebow/Barkley competition than Sam Bradford's debut.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there, done that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Kind of silly that people are much more interested in the Tebow/Barkley competition than Sam Bradford's debut.

We are talking football and that is always a good thing. We may not agree but it is football talk. No one would entertain a Bradford/Tebow debate anyway. :D:10:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do w/ Tebow the person. Now Tebow the NFL qb isn't good. Here are some of his stats from the 2011 season...

regular season completion %: 46.5, 18 total TD's (12 passing/6 rushing) in 14 games, also had 6 int's & a league leading 14 fumbles & was sacked 33 times

post season completion %: 40.4, sacked 5 times

If he was really an NFL qb there are plenty of teams that would have given him a chance. A perfect example are the Browns. Their QB situation has been a disaster for a long time now & yet they don't even want him.
WHAT!!! What the fuck are you talking about?!!! Those stats are great!!! LOL

Oh DPD you do amuse me... I like Tebow, he's a fine young man.... he sucks as an NFL QB though.... Have a nice day

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!! What the fuck are you talking about?!!! Those stats are great!!! LOL

Oh DPD you do amuse me... I like Tebow, he's a fine young man.... he sucks as an NFL QB though.... Have a nice day

Those stats are fair enough. Just keep them in context of all the other stats as well. If the story was all positive, Tebow would be starting somewhere.

Wings, your opinion would seem more valid to me, if you weren't pimping Barkley as a "Backup at worst" NFL QB based on his stellar preseason this year where he has posted a 68 QB rating. The reason why this is an arguably close competition is that they both have kind of stunk it up this preseason.

I am sticking with my prediction at this point that they both get cut. No reason to waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB if you figure no one is going to sign either one.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides in this argument are going too hard to the rails. Tebow is not a good QB, but 1) he is on an NFL roster currently, so he is actually an NFL QB (I know I know semantics) 2) Yes, the completion percentage of 47% for the career looks abysmal, but his career YPA is 6.71 - not great (it would place 30th out of 32 qualified QBs last year - beating Bortles and Carr only) but it was actually close to Cutler (6.80) Orton (6.75) and McCown (6.75). Tannehill was only at 6.86 and Nicky Foles was at 6.96. I think we would all agree that 47% completion percentage when you are only throwing passes 40 yards downfield would be amazing (not saying that was what Tebow did - just that completion percentage needs to be taken in context and that is where YPA comes in). As I said Tebow has a 47% career had 6.71 YPA. Orton completed 64.2% for 6.75 YPA. So despite a far superior completion percentage each time they threw both players essentially accounted for the same yards (Orton getting a smaller number of yards more consistently - Tebow getting more yards each time he was able to complete a pass). Throw in Tebow's running and he probably does add more value than an Orton or McCown. Not saying I want him as a starter, but there is some legitimacy to him belonging in the league. He has limitations, too. He is not an accurate passer, but he can survive some of that because he chucks it farther down the field, so when he does connect it is for larger chunks of yards. Now this definitely leads to inconsistent offense as he will more frequently suffer 3 and outs, however he will also get the big play more frequently. Those reasons are why I think most coaches pass on him. They would prefer consistency in their offense, and not have multiple 3 and outs with one big series - and that is really what Tebow would bring.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so laughable, but as [pointed out, we can't wait for the season to begin.

I'm getting more and more stoked!! I don't see anybody better than us Guys. If we are healthy, we are one of the elite teams. And so many were afraid that Chip was in over his head. I tell you, he is a more vocal coach than Belichick, they are friends, BB went to Oregon to get Chip's advice on his offense, and I think we will be very, very good for a long time, as long as chip is here. Stay healthy, Sam, my friend!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched much of these two meaningless games. Has Barkley really looked like he's improved?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley has looked decent for a kid that has only thrown 50 NFL passes. I would most definitely keep Barkley over Tebow.....Tebow just has absolutely nothing, and he now looks a step slower.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow still has another two games to shake more of the rust off. Barkley better look a lot better than last year.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably won't see a whole lot of either in game 3. Maybe game 4...if they survive the first cut.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow still has another two games to shake more of the rust off. Barkley better look a lot better than last year.

Tebow is done. He is not going to make the team. He is getting outplayed by Barkley. Now that is not saying much. Barkley is not playing like he should get a shot to be a starter somewhere else but he is playing better than Tebow.

They are fighting for the #3 QB spot and I have heard rumblings that we may not keep 3 QB's but I doubt that actually happens. With Bradfords history we still need to be careful. The #3 QB probably will not suit up for any games this season anyway but it is clear Barkley should be the choice. He can run the offense and Tebow cannot.

To run this offense you will need a QB that is accurate and that is something Tebow does not have. Now don't get me wrong Barkley has his issues too but is far more accurate than Tebow. The biggest knock on Tebow is that he has show he is not capable of following his progressions. This is not something new. Yes it is only the #3 QB but that does not mean the QB does not have to be able to run the offense. While they may not be be as effective at the #1 they should still be able to run all the plays.