• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surgery List

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical las.. talking about jvr and he's on the fence about it.. grow a pair man, seriously :hockeysmile:

i am getting a mole sugically placed on my cheek like my favorite player.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess this guy will be living on his potential for his whole career. He is a mediocre player and nothing more and will be this way his whole career. and did i mention he is a giant puss.

in light of the new information i am back ON the jvr wagon!

Las, you have to admit here, I don't remember you hating on JVR much before this year, and to judge him repeatedly in a year filled with kind of freakish injuries isn't very fair. though i fully agree that his contract is based on the word you hate..."potential".

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Las, you have to admit here, I don't remember you hating on JVR much before this year, and to judge him repeatedly in a year filled with kind of freakish injuries isn't very fair. though i fully agree that his contract is based on the word you hate..."potential".

while i'm not truly back on the bandwagon, i dont think the flyers are gunna trade him this summer like i was thinking a little bit.. torn oblique and a hip impingement keeps regular people in bed.. the dude was trying to play hockey.. there's something to be said for that

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
while i'm not truly back on the bandwagon, i dont think the flyers are gunna trade him this summer like i was thinking a little bit.. torn oblique and a hip impingement keeps regular people in bed.. the dude was trying to play hockey.. there's something to be said for that

its just unfortunate that the flyers (or just the NHL in general) play this deceiving game with injuries so that the public is free to come up with their own uninformed opinions.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just unfortunate that the flyers (or just the NHL in general) play this deceiving game with injuries so that the public is free to come up with their own uninformed opinions.

yep.. sometimes i wonder if you weigh the public/media opinion against the chance that an opponent goes after your injury, which the player would prefer.. some guys really get run down from by the media and would rather just take the physical abuse

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D , JVR was drafted 5 years ago and has done nothing in colle of the pros.. Because he was hurt this year doesnt mean he suddenly will be a "power" forward. The guy never goes in corners doesnt cycle never stands in front doesnt check anyone doesnt fight of stick up for team mates he is basically the biggest puss in the league. Oh did i mention he NEVER backchecks. When he heals up he is not suddenly going to turn into a guy who does any of those things mentioned. he will be a 30 goal scorer and 20 assist man that does nothing else on the ice. This was a wasted number 2 pick i wish we had the number 1 that year Patty Kane would fit in nicely on this squad.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D , JVR was drafted 5 years ago and has done nothing in colle of the pros.. Because he was hurt this year doesnt mean he suddenly will be a "power" forward. The guy never goes in corners doesnt cycle never stands in front doesnt check anyone doesnt fight of stick up for team mates he is basically the biggest puss in the league. Oh did i mention he NEVER backchecks. When he heals up he is not suddenly going to turn into a guy who does any of those things mentioned. he will be a 30 goal scorer and 20 assist man that does nothing else on the ice. This was a wasted number 2 pick i wish we had the number 1 that year Patty Kane would fit in nicely on this squad.

patty kane = jvr without size and a little bit better of a passer.. the rest they might as well be carbon copies.. goofy looking face and all.. kane doesnt play defense, he doesn't hit anyone, he cant play in front of the net

patty kane has reached that 30 goal mark once. and he got 30 goals that year. if jvr develops in to a somewhat consistent 30 goal scorer he's not a waste of a draft pick, and he's probably worth the 4.5 mil that the flyers pay him.. 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, regardless of often the flyers seem to find them.. weren't we all clamoring for the flyers to play zherdev more often last year cause he could score goals? he didn't do anything else either

and from everything i read leading up to that draft.. the flyers were taking jvr regardless of whether they picked 1st or 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, looking at the top 10 from that draft.. as it stands now, alzner is really the only guy in the top 10 of that draft that i desperately wish we would've drafted instead.. maybe couture too

i honestly think kane will continue his downward trend a little, and jvr will improve a little, and they will end up putting up very similar numbers offensively with very little else to hang their hats on

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patty kane = jvr without size and a little bit better of a passer.. the rest they might as well be carbon copies.. goofy looking face and all.. kane doesnt play defense, he doesn't hit anyone, he cant play in front of the net

patty kane has reached that 30 goal mark once. and he got 30 goals that year. if jvr develops in to a somewhat consistent 30 goal scorer he's not a waste of a draft pick, and he's probably worth the 4.5 mil that the flyers pay him.. 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, regardless of often the flyers seem to find them.. weren't we all clamoring for the flyers to play zherdev more often last year cause he could score goals? he didn't do anything else either

and from everything i read leading up to that draft.. the flyers were taking jvr regardless of whether they picked 1st or 2nd

This has got to be one of the funniest posts ive ever read on here thanks AWAZ i need the good laugh. Pat Kane has put up over 65 points each year he has been in the league, was picked to the 1st team all NHL team in 2010 and is a regular on the all star team year . Another really funny thing about your post is your comparing someone who is 5'10 178 in hitting and playing in front to JVR who is 6'3 200 and is supposed to be a 'POWER" forward. Playing in front and checking is not his game he is just a points machine much like Giroux. I'm gonna assume your post is a joke or something if your actually trying to say JVR is in the same class as Kane. Also everything i read coming into that draft was the Flyers were undecided until the Hawks made their choice and we'll never know what we wouldve done at number one. You should put up a poll on the main board and we can see what other fans think who's the better player by far. By the way every time most people start a sentence about JVR's play the "IF he develops" are always the lead words.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually think polls are stupid, but maybe this is the time for a JVR one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, looking at the top 10 from that draft.. as it stands now, alzner is really the only guy in the top 10 of that draft that i desperately wish we would've drafted instead.. maybe couture too

i honestly think kane will continue his downward trend a little, and jvr will improve a little, and they will end up putting up very similar numbers offensively with very little else to hang their hats on

All of this post is based on what you think and not actual facts just sayin. As of all news about JVR this is yet another post about " POTENTIAL" and not actual stats.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be one of the funniest posts ive ever read on here thanks AWAZ i need the good laugh. Pat Kane has put up over 65 points each year he has been in the league, was picked to the 1st team all NHL team in 2010 and is a regular on the all star team year . Another really funny thing about your post is your comparing someone who is 5'10 178 in hitting and playing in front to JVR who is 6'3 200 and is supposed to be a 'POWER" forward. Playing in front and checking is not his game he is just a points machine much like Giroux. I'm gonna assume your post is a joke or something if your actually trying to say JVR is in the same class as Kane. Also everything i read coming into that draft was the Flyers were undecided until the Hawks made their choice and we'll never know what we wouldve done at number one. You should put up a poll on the main board and we can see what other fans think who's the better player by far. By the way every time most people start a sentence about JVR's play the "IF he develops" are always the lead words.

both of them dont play defense, at all, and both of them dont hit.. just because jvr has size and should hit, doesn't mean you can just write off kane's lack of physical game cause he's small.. neither of them have it, period. if anything the fact that jvr COULD actually hit someone if he ever felt like it, is a plus for jvr.. the lack of physical game isn't more of a weakness for jvr because he has the size to hit.. and honestly, aside from mainstream writers, who are most of the time dolts, who says jvr has to be a power forward? nick backstrom is a similar size, is he a power forward? eric staal is actually bigger than jvr is he a power forward? hell joe thornton is a mammoth at 6'3 230, is he a powerforward?everyone gets so caught up in a player's size.. if he doesn't play like that, he doesn't play like that.. rinaldo is the biggest hitter on the team and he's probably one of the smaller guys on the team

and your whole problem with jvr is all he does is play offense, all patty kane does is play offense and punch cabbies.. that's all i'm saying.. if patty kane was on this team lots of people would bitch at him for being a soft cupcake that is only worth anything offensively and is very streaky.. this is a fact, because jeff carter was chased out of town for the same thing

All of this post is based on what you think and not actual facts just sayin. As of all news about JVR this is yet another post about " POTENTIAL" and not actual stats.

of course its what i think and not actual facts.. what is your 'jvr will never develop in to anything worth anything' other than your thought and opinion?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
both of them dont play defense, at all, and both of them dont hit.. just because jvr has size and should hit, doesn't mean you can just write off kane's lack of physical game cause he's small.. neither of them have it, period. if anything the fact that jvr COULD actually hit someone if he ever felt like it, is a plus for jvr.. the lack of physical game isn't more of a weakness for jvr because he has the size to hit.. and honestly, aside from mainstream writers, who are most of the time dolts, who says jvr has to be a power forward? nick backstrom is a similar size, is he a power forward? eric staal is actually bigger than jvr is he a power forward? hell joe thornton is a mammoth at 6'3 230, is he a powerforward?everyone gets so caught up in a player's size.. if he doesn't play like that, he doesn't play like that.. rinaldo is the biggest hitter on the team and he's probably one of the smaller guys on the team

and your whole problem with jvr is all he does is play offense, all patty kane does is play offense and punch cabbies.. that's all i'm saying.. if patty kane was on this team lots of people would bitch at him for being a soft cupcake that is only worth anything offensively and is very streaky.. this is a fact, because jeff carter was chased out of town for the same thing

of course its what i think and not actual facts.. what is your 'jvr will never develop in to anything worth anything' other than your thought and opinion?

well then...that just about sums it up

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with all of your first quote is those other guys actually score and assist and make all star teams and JVR does absolutley nothing on the ice offensively or defensively, He disappears for months at a time and is on the highest scoring offense in the league and still doesnt do anything offensively. If you the size of JVR you have to be a power forward because for him obviously it's not working being a finesse forward at least those other guys that are big and play a finesse game it works for them. Plus anyone who puts on a Flyer jersey should at least be able to stick up for his teamates at 6'3 200. i love the part where you said my whole problem with JVR is all he does is play offense hahahahah When is he going to start playing offense i'm still waiting.

JVR has done absolutley nothing in this league after being drafted 5 years ago at the number 2 slot how is that for facts. Plus weve been hearing the JVR is going to be great for 5 years now i guess if you keep saying that every year until he retires you could claim that it's worth something.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with all of your first quote is those other guys actually score and assist and make all star teams and JVR does absolutley nothing on the ice offensively or defensively, He disappears for months at a time and is on the highest scoring offense in the league and still doesnt do anything offensively. If you the size of JVR you have to be a power forward because for him obviously it's not working being a finesse forward at least those other guys that are big and play a finesse game it works for them. Plus anyone who puts on a Flyer jersey should at least be able to stick up for his teamates at 6'3 200. i love the part where you said my whole problem with JVR is all he does is play offense hahahahah When is he going to start playing offense i'm still waiting.

JVR has done absolutley nothing in this league after being drafted 5 years ago at the number 2 slot how is that for facts. Plus weve been hearing the JVR is going to be great for 5 years now i guess if you keep saying that every year until he retires you could claim that it's worth something.

ok, sorry, the MAJORITY of your complaint is that he doesnt hit anyone and doesnt play defense.. in other words, only plays offense, regardless of if he's doing that well or not

jvr has not done absolutely nothing, he's had a 20 goal season and probably would've hit that mark this season only need 9 more in the 39 games he was injured.. it might not be what a #2 overall should have accomplished by now, but it's not nothing either.. and him being a dominant force in the 2011 playoffs is a fact too, whether you want to agree with that or not is up to you, but every shift he had he dominated.. sure its a small sample size, but aside from the generational talents (OV, cros, malkin), who came in and consistently dominated? hall has two 20-goal seasons (65ish games/season) but he isn't consistently dominating.. and he was a #1 pick, plus he's got injury problems.. the oilers should probably just dump him now and call him a bust too.. or how about hedman down in tampa, has he been the shutdown dman with a big shot everyone thought he'd be?

jvr has shown that he can be dominant in the league.. it was a very short window and obviously everyone wants that to be more of a the norm for him, but to say he hasn't shown anything is just putting your blinders on (not unlike i do with pronger)..

he hasn't developed like we all thought and hoped he would, but he's still just 23 yrs old.. very rarely are players a gauruntee in the draft.. jvr hasn't developed like we thought, but giroux has far outpaced what everyone thought he would turn out to be

patrick sharp was a significantly worse flyer in his first 3 years with the team, and look at him now.. the flyers didn't give him time to develop and they ended up with matt ellison instead.. lets do the same thing with jvr cause it worked out the first time

if the right trade comes up (a quality young dman) i make the trade.. but i wouldn't trade jvr for the sake of trading a #2 overall pick that hasn't developed the way i had hoped and i feel like every moment he spends on the flyers roster is a reminder that i never should have taken him #2 overall (and that i should've taken kyle turris who was the 3rd of the "3 can't miss prospects" of that draft, even though he has done even worse than jvr has)

edit: and all the big guys i mentioned are well established in the league, it took thornton 2 or 3 years to get going.. backstrom got going pretty good right away, but he also played on the caps teams that went full bore offense every second of every game, plus the whole, playing with OV thing when he scored 50-60 goals every year.. and staal had a year of NHL experience, plus a year of AHL experience (cause of the lockout) before he got going.. for all intents and purposes, jvr is entering his 3rd season next year

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, sorry, the MAJORITY of your complaint is that he doesnt hit anyone and doesnt play defense.. in other words, only plays offense, regardless of if he's doing that well or not

jvr has not done absolutely nothing, he's had a 20 goal season and probably would've hit that mark this season only need 9 more in the 39 games he was injured.. it might not be what a #2 overall should have accomplished by now, but it's not nothing either.. and him being a dominant force in the 2011 playoffs is a fact too, whether you want to agree with that or not is up to you, but every shift he had he dominated.. sure its a small sample size, but aside from the generational talents (OV, cros, malkin), who came in and consistently dominated? hall has two 20-goal seasons (65ish games/season) but he isn't consistently dominating.. and he was a #1 pick, plus he's got injury problems.. the oilers should probably just dump him now and call him a bust too.. or how about hedman down in tampa, has he been the shutdown dman with a big shot everyone thought he'd be?

jvr has shown that he can be dominant in the league.. it was a very short window and obviously everyone wants that to be more of a the norm for him, but to say he hasn't shown anything is just putting your blinders on (not unlike i do with pronger)..

he hasn't developed like we all thought and hoped he would, but he's still just 23 yrs old.. very rarely are players a gauruntee in the draft.. jvr hasn't developed like we thought, but giroux has far outpaced what everyone thought he would turn out to be

patrick sharp was a significantly worse flyer in his first 3 years with the team, and look at him now.. the flyers didn't give him time to develop and they ended up with matt ellison instead.. lets do the same thing with jvr cause it worked out the first time

if the right trade comes up (a quality young dman) i make the trade.. but i wouldn't trade jvr for the sake of trading a #2 overall pick that hasn't developed the way i had hoped and i feel like every moment he spends on the flyers roster is a reminder that i never should have taken him #2 overall (and that i should've taken kyle turris who was the 3rd of the "3 can't miss prospects" of that draft, even though he has done even worse than jvr has)

edit: and all the big guys i mentioned are well established in the league, it took thornton 2 or 3 years to get going.. backstrom got going pretty good right away, but he also played on the caps teams that went full bore offense every second of every game, plus the whole, playing with OV thing when he scored 50-60 goals every year.. and staal had a year of NHL experience, plus a year of AHL experience (cause of the lockout) before he got going.. for all intents and purposes, jvr is entering his 3rd season next year

What it boils down to is seeing JVR since he has been drafted has done absolutley nothing in college or the pros 20 goals on this team is so easy i think if wellwood played another 20 games he would have 20. He has played 4 good games in last years playoffs in 5 years and your comparing him to guys like backstrom and Thorton cmon thats laughable. if you want to bring up a guy like sharp making it big after a couple of years i could bring up 20 times that name that were drafted high and never panned out. after seeing JVR play the last 3 years and your still backing him i have to just shake my head that your backing a guy who has played 4 good games in 5 years after being drafted number 2.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it boils down to is seeing JVR since he has been drafted has done absolutley nothing in college or the pros 20 goals on this team is so easy i think if wellwood played another 20 games he would have 20. He has played 4 good games in last years playoffs in 5 years and your comparing him to guys like backstrom and Thorton cmon thats laughable. if you want to bring up a guy like sharp making it big after a couple of years i could bring up 20 times that name that were drafted high and never panned out. after seeing JVR play the last 3 years and your still backing him i have to just shake my head that your backing a guy who has played 4 good games in 5 years after being drafted number 2.

of course you can point out 20 times that a name went high and didnt pan out, you could name 100.. i'm just saying there's no point to moving the guy if you dont get good value back

and how is it laughable that i'm comparing him to guys like thornton and staal, they both had slow starts to their career too.. its only laughable in the sense that they are established NHL players and JvR is entering his 4th (which might as well be 3rd)

its foolish to argue this though, thats why most of the time i dont get involved.. all the stats back your side, there's no question.. but if the flyers trade him now for the sake of trading him, and he pans out, the flyers will regret moving him.. the flyers aren't so desperate for cap space that they need to dump his 4.5 mil.. IMO they are being healthy and a little bit of experience away from being THE cup favorite.. hell they WERE the cup favorite after they knocked out the pens and the canucks lost

some guys take time to develop, and if 5 years (which is skewing it a lot towards your side btw, NCAAH is hardly a good development platform) is too long in your eyes, its too long in your eyes, nothing i can say will change that.. there are guys that took longer than 2.5 seasons to develop though.. in fact, most NHL players take longer than 2.5 seasons to develop

and btw, he was more than a point/game player in college, so to say he didnt show anything in college is false.. NCAAH isn't canadian juniors where you or i could put up a point/game