• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUPER Early playoff team predictions:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

I will also predict that the playoffs are expanded to either 6, 8, or 12 teams before the start of next season.

In January 2021, who do you have playing in the playoffs in January 2022?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you start using crystal meth? you used to have competent posts, but your last couple of threads have been whack job central.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you start using crystal meth? you used to have competent posts, but your last couple of threads have been whack job central.
I don't think it is that FAR of a stretch to predict that the playoffs will expand next season (well maybe 12 teams is a pretty big stretch). A lot of teams lost big money last year, and it would create a big stream of income for college football.

Also, my last couple? I'm pretty sure I nailed the Alabama prediction, and that was my previous post...I believe.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan still has Harbaugh so they might not make it

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7 win Michigan team might fall a tad short of the playoffs.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is that FAR of a stretch to predict that the playoffs will expand next season (well maybe 12 teams is a pretty big stretch). A lot of teams lost big money last year, and it would create a big stream of income for college football.

Also, my last couple? I'm pretty sure I nailed the Alabama prediction, and that was my previous post...I believe.

talking about your #4 prediction, sparky.............

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking about your #4 prediction, sparky.............

What does that have to do with my "last couple of posts have been whack job central". Is it whacky because I predicted a Buckeyes defeat? I didn't think that was a crazy prediction, but maybe it was? :noidea:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

I will also predict that the playoffs are expanded to either 6, 8, or 12 teams before the start of next season.

Michigan will not be in the playoffs next year. If it's any Big 10 team it'll be OSU.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

Your prediction of playoff expansion for 2021 id dead in the water. The powers-that-be (the major conferences & ESPN) signed a 12-year agreement covering the playoff format. There's still 5 years to go on that agreement. They might start negotiating for future changes in the next year or two, but those changes would be unlikely to take place until the 2026 season.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

Of course , 12 won't work without byes for 4 teams. 8 works best, 5 conference winners, 2 Group 5 or independents, 1 at large. A conference that has a 2 loss team win the conference just has to hope the loser is the the at large team chosen.
I point this out because of unfair nature of the P5 basketball tournaments, when an upset occurs with a below .500 team winning and knocking out a smaller school with as much as 23 and 6 record from the big dance.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not our fault two teams deliberately ducked us to avoid a loss......... Cowards will be cowards.....

Well, the person I quoted alluded that a 7 win team wouldn't make the playoffs. Well, a 6 win team made it, so it is very possible.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your prediction of playoff expansion for 2021 id dead in the water. The powers-that-be (the major conferences & ESPN) signed a 12-year agreement covering the playoff format. There's still 5 years to go on that agreement. They might start negotiating for future changes in the next year or two, but those changes would be unlikely to take place until the 2026 season.

So your prediction is no playoff expansion till at least 2026?

I'm going to say they change the contract and expand the playoffs in the next year or two. I imagine ESPN lost a lot of games they were suppose to have under that contract last year, and will want to make up the difference too. I'm usually wrong though, so your 2026 prediction is probably the winning guess.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was what I heard recently from sports guys said they are hearing the same things from their guys inside the universities (this is just one of a few). It just makes sense that they make the moves now especially as these universities are losing such great amounts of revenue, and knowing that COVID could change up and create another season like this in the near future.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was what I heard recently from sports guys said they are hearing the same things from their guys inside the universities (this is just one of a few). It just makes sense that they make the moves now especially as these universities are losing such great amounts of revenue, and knowing that COVID could change up and create another season like this in the near future.

Just because some people inside the universities are praying for ESPNa Claus to shower them with money and pull them out of the Pit of Financial Woe they’ve dug for themselves doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. ESPN has been shedding viewers and on air talent, and now they’re going to pay a gazillion bucks to televise another round of playoff games, so we can watch the 1 seed curbstomp the 8? Maybe they will, but I doubt it will happen before the end of the current contract.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because some people inside the universities are praying for ESPNa Claus to shower them with money and pull them out of the Pit of Financial Woe they’ve dug for themselves doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. ESPN has been shedding viewers and on air talent, and now they’re going to pay a gazillion bucks to televise another round of playoff games, so we can watch the 1 seed curbstomp the 8? Maybe they will, but I doubt it will happen before the end of the current contract.
The argument prior to the BCS was “the same teams keep winning”. The argument during the BCS was “the same teams keep winning.” The argument during the 4-team CFP is “the same teams keep winning.”

Guess what will happen if we go to 8 teams...