• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being a Lions fan for 50 years and seeing Taylor Swift winning the Super Bowl in her first year of being a football fan
I dunno, man. I've been a Chiefs fan since the '67 season and basically had to deal with a half century of mediocrity. Every dog has his day...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, man. I've been a Chiefs fan since the '67 season and basically had to deal with a half century of mediocrity. Every dog has his day...

Been a Hawks fan for over 30 years (had to grow up a bit before I could comprehend football lol)... I still remember Thomas' 7 sack game against Seattle.... fuckin' ridiculous. I miss the old AFC West though. Seattle/Denver/KC/Oakland-LA was so much fun.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many people think ( as I do ) that Chris Jones deserves a look at MVP?
I know the Mahomes factor but think about this, Jones turned the game around. Jones actually stopped the 49ers allowing KC to make the run. Mahomes and the game plan changed after SF 3 three and outs all because of Jones.
Jones made a speech and delivered while Kelce threw a tantrum ( which with any other coach would have produced the meltdown I predicted ). Mahomes was confused and tormented by a strong SF rush in the first half. The playcalling changed considerably in the second because they were able to stop SF.
I think Jones needs to be in that conversation as a game-changer and especially in this one.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a Hawks fan for over 30 years (had to grow up a bit before I could comprehend football lol)... I still remember Thomas' 7 sack game against Seattle.... fuckin' ridiculous. I miss the old AFC West though. Seattle/Denver/KC/Oakland-LA was so much fun.
Been a FLYERS fan all my life ( prior to Philly I was a Blackhawk fan and broke my heart when they met in the final ) I know pain, agony and disappointment also. We live with the results and why?, because of a glimmer of hope to be a champion. It's what we are

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many people think ( as I do ) that Chris Jones deserves a look at MVP?
I know the Mahomes factor but think about this, Jones turned the game around. Jones actually stopped the 49ers allowing KC to make the run. Mahomes and the game plan changed after SF 3 three and outs all because of Jones.
Jones made a speech and delivered while Kelce threw a tantrum ( which with any other coach would have produced the meltdown I predicted ). Mahomes was confused and tormented by a strong SF rush in the first half. The playcalling changed considerably in the second because they were able to stop SF.
I think Jones needs to be in that conversation as a game-changer and especially in this one.
We have definitely, undoubtedly, indubitably GOTTA re-sign Chris Jones. He's almost as vital a piece to the puzzle as Mahomes himself...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I almost forgot. Troy Airman. You said when Mahomes won 1/3 as many rings as you then he can talk. Well he's matched you, bitch, only FASTER. So do have a nice, tall, frosty glass of shut the fuck up and enjoy your morning...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:
The injuries killed SF. Crazy how key players kept getting hurt

Purdy is a legit good QB. Almost every time I watch him he makes big plays. Very likable guy too. Glad the 49ers lost but would have been happy for him if they won.

McCaffery should have had 5-10 more carries. WTF was Shanahan doing. Don't outsmart yourself. If we could all see from our couch what was working he should be able to also.

Mahomes is already an all time great. Just an all time super star. Please don't let the Chiefs add a good WR next year

Kelce should be taking a little more shit for his tirade on the sideline. That wasn't ok. Plus he's a total jackass. Sick of him. Is there a bigger attention whore in the NFL?

Taylor swift is ok in my book. All she wanted to do was watch the game. She didn't ask for this coverage, she didn't ask to be on camera all the time. It was the friggin morons in the media who kept pushing her on us. Be mad at them not her. I don't like her music but that's not relevant

Personal thoughts - I was rooting for the Chiefs but if the 49ers got 7 on that last drive of regulation I would have won about 10 grand (on my 6-3 box), so I shifted really quickly there for a while. Then went back to the Chiefs after the FG :tsk:. I hit some nice parlays, but if the final score was one point less I would have hit a couple pretty big ones. Glad Randy Gregory didn't get a ring

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of these days Mahomes is going to bite his tongue off.
Hey now, he may sound like Kermit the frog and all, but have some respect. We share the same fucking birthday, after all (September 17th). Kinda a brother from another mother lol...

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have definitely, undoubtedly, indubitably GOTTA re-sign Chris Jones. He's almost as vital a piece to the puzzle as Mahomes himself...
Jones is a beast, and yeah he disrupted Purdy and the Niners offense a lot. But Mahomes was the difference in this game and had to be MVP, he delivered every time and just keep the Chiefs going and played an all around great game, 399 total yards, and he’s just on a whole different level compared to every other QB in the NFL. He’s definitely in the GOAT conversation.

The Chiefs D deserves a lot of credit, particularly for their strong 3rd quarter when the Niners had the momentum, but Mahomes was ultimately the difference, he’s damn near impossible to stop.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:
The injuries killed SF. Crazy how key players kept getting hurt
It probably does reinforce the narrative that the Niners were the best team when healthy throughout the year but they had major issues when guys went down.

McCaffery should have had 5-10 more carries. WTF was Shanahan doing. Don't outsmart yourself. If we could all see from our couch what was working he should be able to also.
To be fair, the Chiefs did limit the Niners to 3.5 yards per carry and CmC had 30 touches. I think Shanahan is taking too much heat and the Chiefs D not getting enough credit

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those two special teams errors were huge

Congrats KC

The punt muff was just wrong place, wrong time. Calling it an error is a bit strong. The low trajectory on the PAT was definitely an error, no reason for that on a short try.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a beast, and yeah he disrupted Purdy and the Niners offense a lot. But Mahomes was the difference in this game and had to be MVP, he delivered every time and just keep the Chiefs going and played an all around great game, 399 total yards, and he’s just on a whole different level compared to every other QB in the NFL. He’s definitely in the GOAT conversation.

The Chiefs D deserves a lot of credit, particularly for their strong 3rd quarter when the Niners had the momentum, but Mahomes was ultimately the difference, he’s damn near impossible to stop.

It was so painful to watch the Niners keep their edge integrity the whole game, then forget that completely with the game on the line and SF sending extra pass rush, exposing their DBs.

For a team that basically dominated the first half, only getting 10 points by halftime was a failure.