• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever helps you sleep bud. Keep trying to make us rivals lol. At least I know the 49ers will bounce back and keep contending.
When? They haven’t closed the deal since Clinton was in the White House. Joe Montana isn’t walking through that door. It’s hard to get back to the Super Bowl after losing. They climbed the mountain and failed. Wait until they realize they’re right back at square one with everybody else.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if the Niners are a rival or not. Your team talked non stop shit for a full calendar year. So I’m delighting in their failure.

View attachment 354257
Who? Making shit again like every Philly fan and player. Niners stopped talking about Philly after we ended your season and all week said KC are the champs and we need to take it. Nothing but respect to KC.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When? They haven’t closed the deal since Clinton was in the White House. Joe Montana isn’t walking through that door. It’s hard to get back to the Super Bowl after losing. They climbed the mountain and failed. Wait until they realize they’re right back at square one with everybody else.
You don't know what contending means, do you?

2 SB apps since 2019, 3 straight NFC championships. They will keep going and hopefully get over the hump. Some teams explode after a SB loss and you know they won't be back.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably offer the same defense of the Niners as I will the Eagles... the NFC is absurdly weak. Don't need to put all your chips in to contend right now. The roster is also very good and Purdy is dirt cheap.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of ST plays bit San Fran in the ass but it was a damn fun game to watch from a neutral fan's perspective. Back and forth slugfest but when the best player in the game has the ball in his hands at the end and the game on the line, you just know he's gonna win. Congrats to the Chiefs fans. And no real fault or blame on San Fran. A couple of bad bounces and just fall short. The Greenlaw freak injury was a huge blow but the D played good, for the most part. Just was obviously exhausted at the end and Mahomes is just "that guy".
I hosted a few folks and the wives weren't really that into football. I was hoping for a more exciting game with big play. It didn't get exciting until late so for us it wasn't all that great of a game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't lying about getting back there. It's hardly a walk in the park getting back to the big dance, which is why I'm counting us extremely fortunate. There's a reason Brady was the last cat winning back to back Superbowls...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that holding happens all the time but to go a whole game without a flag or crazy. But my point is this has been an issue all year. Guys like Bosa and Parsons are held all the time and it's never called. That needs to change.

I'm fine with making that point but don't expect it to become a point of emphasis in the super bowl.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with making that point but don't expect it to become a point of emphasis in the super bowl.
Yep. Like, the league likes scoring. Allowing Myles Garrett making the Browns an all time defense through a massive number of holding calls is not gonna be fun to watch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? Making shit again like every Philly fan and player. Niners stopped talking about Philly after we ended your season and all week said KC are the champs and we need to take it. Nothing but respect to KC.
CMC, Deebo, Trent Williams, Bosa, and some safety whose name escapes me spent a year denigrating the Eagles and their accomplishments. They were the epitome of bitter bitches. That’s their right. But that shit comes back around now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what contending means, do you?
I do. It’s not the ultimate thing. Winning is the ultimate thing. The Forty Whiners haven’t closed the deal since Napster lost the law suit.
2 SB apps since 2019, 3 straight NFC championships. They will keep going and hopefully get over the hump. Some teams explode after a SB loss and you know they won't be back.
You know what this speaks to?
IMG_4004.gif

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CMC, Deebo, Trent Williams, Bosa, and some safety whose name escapes me spent a year denigrating the Eagles and their accomplishments. They were the epitome of bitter bitches. That’s their right. But that shit comes back around now.
Ain't karma a bitch...?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably offer the same defense of the Niners as I will the Eagles... the NFC is absurdly weak. Don't need to put all your chips in to contend right now. The roster is also very good and Purdy is dirt cheap.
The history of Super Bowl losers getting back to the Super Bowl the following year says that’s highly unlikely. Despite their late season collapse the Eagles 2023 result is actually a top 3rd result for Super Bowl losers. Half of them don’t even make the playoffs the next year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. It’s not the ultimate thing. Winning is the ultimate thing. The Forty Whiners haven’t closed the deal since Napster lost the law suit.

You know what this speaks to?
View attachment 354258
Shanny does have a little to chew on this off-season to say the least...

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't karma a bitch...?
All of them were talking about the NFC championship and how they felt screwed by QBs getting hurt. Saying they would have beat Philly, nothing about winning the SB

They proved this season who the better team is.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The history of Super Bowl losers getting back to the Super Bowl the following year says that’s highly unlikely. Despite their late season collapse the Eagles 2023 result is actually a top 3rd result for Super Bowl losers. Half of them don’t even make the playoffs the next year.
Don't disagree, but the NFC is uniquely weak right now. 49ers got a layer of blubber they can blow through as Purdy grows as a QB, drafting OL, or whatever they do.

Some recent teams like say the Bengals do not have that benefit.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them were talking about the NFC championship and how they felt screwed by QBs getting hurt. Saying they would have beat Philly, nothing about winning the SB

Can't disagree because injuries always suck. When Greenlaw went down yesterday I was actually kinda flabbergasted a bit. Who knows if he coulda made a difference in the outcome...?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them were talking about the NFC championship and how they felt screwed by QBs getting hurt.
Wait…a few posts ago you were trying to maintain that the Forty Whiners weren’t talking shit all off season?
Saying they would have beat Philly, nothing about winning the SB
And that’s what bitches do and last night the receipts were gathered and it’s gonna be thrown back in their face. Those are the rules.
Eagles won as many rings as the Niners did this year. Congrats on your Week 13 Super Bowl. Go hang a banner.