• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so painful to watch the Niners keep their edge integrity the whole game, then forget that completely with the game on the line and SF sending extra pass rush, exposing their DBs.

For a team that basically dominated the first half, only getting 10 points by halftime was a failure.
They did own the LOS for one half...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I almost forgot. Troy Airman. You said when Mahomes won 1/3 as many rings as you then he can talk. Well he's matched you, bitch, only FASTER. So do have a nice, tall, frosty glass of shut the fuck up and enjoy your morning...
All he said was we can talk as in tap the brakes. Not sure why it got so many people so pissy. Same thing [people were saying last week about Montana and even Brady on here. Talk to me when it gets closer. Now it's closer

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he said was we can talk as in tap the brakes. Not sure why it got so many people so pissy. Same thing [people were saying last week about Montana and even Brady on here. Talk to me when it gets closer. Now it's closer
Pretty much now the conversation is over.
Mahomes > Aikman if Mahomes never does another thing in the league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably does reinforce the narrative that the Niners were the best team when healthy throughout the year but they had major issues when guys went down.

To be fair, the Chiefs did limit the Niners to 3.5 yards per carry and CmC had 30 touches. I think Shanahan is taking too much heat and the Chiefs D not getting enough credit
No one is discussing touches so that is disingenuous to bring up. The 8 carries actually go against the run the ball argument. He was 22-80 and SF was moving the ball much better when he was getting carries and they were winning most of the game, which means runs more expected by hte defense and more common in general as well. Pacheco only had 4 less carries and the Chiefs have Mahomes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much now the conversation is over.
Mahomes > Aikman if Mahomes never does another thing in the league.
I don't think Aikman would argue that fact. So again, anyone who pretends as if he would is being silly and overreacting to a comment that at the time was what pretty much everyone would say

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is discussing touches so that is disingenuous to bring up. The 8 carries actually go against the run the ball argument. He was 22-80 and SF was moving the ball much better when he was getting carries and they were winning most of the game, which means runs more expected by hte defense and more common in general as well. Pacheco only had 4 less carries and the Chiefs have Mahomes
Why is it disingenuous? CmC took more hard hits than any other player.

This is all monday morning sillyness because the Niners special teams muffed a couple of massive plays.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference is:

Troy had the Triplets and good defense
Patrick has Kelce, elite defense and good other cast of characters on offense

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference is:

Troy had the Triplets and good defense
Patrick has Kelce, elite defense and good other cast of characters on offense
This is Mahomes first year with “an elite defense”.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it disingenuous? CmC took more hard hits than any other player.

This is all monday morning sillyness because the Niners special teams muffed a couple of massive plays.
It's disingenuous because the comments are about running the ball more. Throwing to CMC is the opposite of running the ball

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's disingenuous because the comments are about running the ball more. Throwing to CMC is the opposite of running the ball
I think they could have ran the ball more but throwing it to CMC was netting 10 yards a catch. It all feels nitpicky to me. Shanahan called a trick play that got a TD and had a key 4th down play late that led to a TD. He wasn't perfect but its hard for me to say he had a bad day as a coach. If you lose the game because of special teams then that happens to everyone.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 3.7 mill in cap space with how FA's?

It seems like every team has a cap wizard, so I'm not worried about that. They will need to hit in the draft in order to keep their window open. I assume that Greenlaw will never be the same, so they'll need to spend draft capital on LB. They obviously need OL as well because Williams is old and the other OL are average. And maybe they need to look for Kittle's eventual replacement. It seems like every good team has an excellent TE. Kittle will be 31 next season, so it's time to think about the future of that position.

The good news is that McCaffrey is only 27. For some reason, I was thinking that he's already 30. LOL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's the fact Aikman (one of the most overrated QBs of all time, very much Namath territory) said it. Nobody with a functioning brain considers Aikman that great of a QB. He had an elite team, 2 shitty Bills teams that choked, and a cakewalk Pittsburgh team. When you talk about all time great QBs Aikman is nowhere in the picture.

Mahomes was far superior to Aikman after winning his first Super Bowl.