• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sun Devils 2014 Football Recruiting Class

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anderson De-commits and will decide between ASU and OK ST after visits.. Leaning towards OSU.

Big area of need for ASU.. We'll never be elite without solid Lineman play.. It was the glaring reason we couldn't get going against ND and Stan last year. Anderson was an essential commit. We NEED lineman worse than anything else right now. Tucker obviously would be huge.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anderson De-commits and will decide between ASU and OK ST after visits.. Leaning towards OSU.

Big area of need for ASU.. We'll never be elite without solid Lineman play.. It was the glaring reason we couldn't get going against ND and Stan last year. Anderson was an essential commit. We NEED lineman worse than anything else right now. Tucker obviously would be huge.

He just recommitted. OSU's o-line coach moved to Texas so we got a luck break there.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lauderdale is on his visit right now. His final two are ASU and Oregon and he just tweeted he's canceling his visit to Oregon. It sounds like he won't commit until next Saturday but he seems like a virtual lock to go to ASU.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lauderdale is on his visit right now. His final two are ASU and Oregon and he just tweeted he's canceling his visit to Oregon. It sounds like he won't commit until next Saturday but he seems like a virtual lock to go to ASU.

Jaelen Strong 2.0.. IMO has the best shot to play immediately (unless we get a big-TE). JC kid obviously so you try to get him on the field ASAP.. You put him opposite of Strong and you're golden. With all of these offensive weapons we'll have next year Kelly has to elevate his play. If we don't have a top-10 offense it will be on Kelly's shoulders. He can't hind behind the 3rd string bs anymore. He's been the guy. This is his 3rd year in the system and he needs to do more than just manage the game. He looked very very small in big games and folded repeatedly under pressure. Last year Graham even called out Kelly and said he needs to get hit in the mouth sometimes to make the play. With Westerman and hopefully Goodman on the line it should be an upgrade. Maybe if we get Tucker we will have some sort of rotation. With Foster/Lewis/Davis/Ballage in the backfield and Strong/Lauderdale/C Smith (to stretch) out wide we will be dangerous.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ismael Murphy-Richardson just committed. He projects as either a devilbacker or an h-back. 2 positions of need.

Kammy Delp also decommitted. He's still considering ASU and it would be nice to have him but this class is pretty full at both DT and OG.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ismael Murphy-Richardson just committed. He projects as either a devilbacker or an h-back. 2 positions of need.

Kammy Delp also decommitted. He's still considering ASU and it would be nice to have him but this class is pretty full at both DT and OG.

We must be getting close to signing day. Things are getting crazy.. Haven't seen so many signing day decisions for ASU ever! The seeds have been planted, relationships have grown, time to bring in the harvest! This is going to be a fun next 2 weeks.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding one more point.. Congrats to Todd Graham for picking up the 3rd AZ recruit in this class.. Between Whiley, Baily, and now IMR, the quality of our in state recruits is getting better. Still need more though.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anderson Decommited and committed to Texas. Need another Oline member now.. The Utah kid could be promising.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anderson Decommited and committed to Texas. Need another Oline member now.. The Utah kid could be promising.

Kenyon Frison and Ty Barrett look like the most viable options left. I think both visit next weekend along with Tucker and Cunningham.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Barrett decommits from TCU. The ASU staff just got through with an in home visit with him.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Barrett decommits from TCU. The ASU staff just got through with an in home visit with him.

I want em! Nick Brown looks like he's leaving the team and opening another scholarship spot. My top-5 wish list right now is.. Barrett, Tucker, Frison, Lauderdale, and Cunningham.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want em! Nick Brown looks like he's leaving the team and opening another scholarship spot. My top-5 wish list right now is.. Barrett, Tucker, Frison, Lauderdale, and Cunningham.

Cunningham canceled his visit this weekend and it sounds like he's ending his recruitment. Tucker seems like a long shot after he got accepted into Stanford but unless he cancels his visit there's always hope. I'd be happy if we could finish the class with Lauderdale, Kweishi Brown and 2 more linemen, hopefully both Barrett and Frison but at least one of them if Tucker goes to Stanford. Dre Clark is also visiting next weekend. It'd be awesome if we got him, but I'm not holding my breath.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lauderdale commits to ASU over Florida :yahoo:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lauderdale commits to ASU over Florida :yahoo:

:suds: him opposite of Strong is just scary.. If the defense can somehow speed of their development we could be a sleeper next year!

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that my dream of Tucker is officially dead.. Let's trade 2, 3 star lineman in for 2, 4 star lineman.. You'd never see me more content.. Literally our only weakness besides a true TE.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get another devilbacker in this class Ismael Murphy-Richardson would make a great h-back/TE. Brendan Landman is a project but at the very least he'll make a very good blocker from the TE position after some time in the weight room.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 JC DT Dalvon Stuckey at 6'3'' 325 just decommitted from Auburn. It sound like there was an issue with an online class he took and won't be academically elligible in the SEC but will be in the Pac 12. Malzahn is pushing him to come to ASU due to his friendship with Graham.

Stuckey and his teammate Darrius Caldwell, who could play DE or devilbacker, are scheduled to visit this weekend.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 JC DT Dalvon Stuckey at 6'3'' 325 just decommitted from Auburn. It sound like there was an issue with an online class he took and won't be academically elligible in the SEC but will be in the Pac 12. Malzahn is pushing him to come to ASU due to his friendship with Graham.

Stuckey and his teammate Darrius Caldwell, who could play DE or devilbacker, are scheduled to visit this weekend.

Reminds me of someone familiar?? WILL DA BEAST!!

Want him, want him bad! Hopefully his twitter nonsense is "real" and he's not just looking for followers/attention. We're always looking for D-lineman at ASU, that's what makes our team tick.

Seeing Smallwoods commitment is getting more and more soft. He visited Fresno State and I guess that opened some things up for him.

All withstanding this will be the best recruiting class ASU has ever had (since rankings existed). It won't be complete until we get another high quality OLineman though. Can't do much without talent up front and we'll never be elite without them.