• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Headline Gainesville Sun, "Florida looks a lot like the inept football team we saw last season"

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more from the Sun, "
Most were probably thinking, “We waited eight months for this?” ...

The much-anticipated season opener turned into a nationally televised stinker for the Gators. It wasn’t so much that they lost, but how they lost.

...Year II of Billy Napier’s rebuilding project looks painfully like Year I. The last time we saw the Gators, they crumbled under their own mistakes in the Las Vegas Bowl and were just happy to score.

...They picked up Thursday night right where they left off. Remember all those miscues and blown tackles on defense?

...When was the last time you saw a team flagged for having two players on the field with the same number?

Number 3, Jason Marshall, meet No. 3 Eugene Wilson III.

They were both on a punt-return team that didn’t quite have its act together. That 5-yard penalty gave Utah a first down, and the Utes promptly scored to make it 14-3 in the second quarter.

...That sequence came right after Adam Mihalek missed a 31-yard field goal. The Gators settled for that attempt after jumping offsides on a 4th-and-1.

We could go about UF’s self-destructive tendencies, but it’ll probably just infuriate you...

..The Gators had a whole offseason to figure things out, and they looked far too much like the 2022 edition.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling Florida would look like shit, and I‘m afraid the Gators are in for a long year. They looked very sloppy and unprepared last night. I honestly don’t see them making a bowl given how tough their schedule is, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they finished last in their division to be brutally honest - all of the other SEC East teams seem to be pointing up while the Hators seem to be a disaster. I doubt Napier lasts the year in Gainesville.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of predictions that had Florida winning 3-5 games this season. It definitely looks like it's going to be a LONG season for Florida.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling Florida would look like shit, and I‘m afraid the Gators are in for a long year. They looked very sloppy and unprepared last night. I honestly don’t see them making a bowl given how tough their schedule is, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they finished last in their division to be brutally honest - all of the other SEC East teams seem to be pointing up while the Hators seem to be a disaster. I doubt Napier lasts the year in Gainesville.
Who are they gonna get if the Gators fire Napier this year?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it,s not often you give up a 70 yard bomb on the first play.may be a long year in gatorville.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are they gonna get if the Gators fire Napier this year?
I’m not sure at this point, but I think the Gators will go about 4-8 and I don’t see Napier surviving that.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure at this point, but I think the Gators will go about 4-8 and I don’t see Napier surviving that.
hate to see florida do bad cause i have a bunch of cousins in florida that went there and live in florida today.