• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sun Devils 2014 Football Recruiting Class

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone worried yet about Texas coming after Graham, and what kind of impact that would have on recruiting?

If they don't get,

Kevin Sumlin
Jim Harbaugh
Mike Tomlin
Lovie Smith
Jumbo Fisher
Art Briles
David Shaw
James Franklin
Mike Gundy
Les Miles
Al Golden
Mark Dantonio
Gus Malzahn
Charlie Strong

You get the idea.. The fact is, Texas wants someone that has been to a NC or Super Bowl if they can't get that then they'll slowly move down the line.. You pair that with an agreement their new AD made to not hire ASU coaches and you're looking at a very slim possibility.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what CTG stands to make this year? It's got to be nearing $4mm.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would like to see Dantonio get the job, just looking at what he's done at Michigan State over the years I would love to see what he could do with a program like Texas.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC DE Edmond Boateng just committed. Ranked #25 in the ESPN JC 50, has good size and will be coming in for spring practice so he should hopefully make an impact next year.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coltin Gerhart's Twitter

"People who don't think I can play qb in college make me laugh you'll see"

He was offered by Oklahoma and Nebraska at QB recently. ASU offered him to play safety but they recently told him he can also play QB. I think he looks better on film than Manny.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"People who don't think I can play qb in college make me laugh you'll see"

He was offered by Oklahoma and Nebraska at QB recently. ASU offered him to play safety but they recently told him he can also play QB. I think he looks better on film than Manny.

I knew as soon as he committed he'd play "safety" (I.e. Safety QB). You can not go two recruiting classes without a QB and then have a QB transfer.. That's tough! If Manny didn't perform they'd make the change.. Smart people have plan B's.

On film he looks different than Manny and probably a little more accurate.. But Manny is more athletic and has all the intangibles.. We wouldn't have a top-20 class without Manny.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local offensive tackle Quinn Bailey just chose ASU over Oregon.

Only one spot left on the Boom Bus.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local offensive tackle Quinn Bailey just chose ASU over Oregon.

Only one spot left on the Boom Bus.

Does Jange open a spot? What about redshirts?

We still need room for Tucker, Lauderdale, Dixon, and Laz if he's smart. For the first time since I've been following this team.. We officially have very minor foreseeable weaknesses. Still some Oline doubt, need a TE, and now we're just young. Huge huge class.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jange open a spot? What about redshirts?

We still need room for Tucker, Lauderdale, Dixon, and Laz if he's smart. For the first time since I've been following this team.. We officially have very minor foreseeable weaknesses. Still some Oline doubt, need a TE, and now we're just young. Huge huge class.

My math could be wrong but I believe we will be able to sign 26 in this class, with 2 of them being early enrollee's counting back to last year. Nick Brown and Nick Begg greyshirted last year. Begg transferred to WSU so that opened up a spot but Brown will count towards this class unless he decides to transfer as well. I don't think Jange leaving opens up a spot for this class.

If multiple guys like Tucker, Lauderdale, Dixon, Cunningham, and Denson want to commit I think Graham will let them and sort out the numbers later. I don't think Graham will retract any offers from current commits but he will have talks with some of them and ask them to reevaluate their commitment or greyshirt.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chans Cox was a four star fullback. I wonder if he'd make a good H-back? It doesn't look like we're going to get somebody at that position this year. The guy we have at TE is going to be more of a blocker.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My math could be wrong but I believe we will be able to sign 26 in this class, with 2 of them being early enrollee's counting back to last year. Nick Brown and Nick Begg greyshirted last year. Begg transferred to WSU so that opened up a spot but Brown will count towards this class unless he decides to transfer as well. I don't think Jange leaving opens up a spot for this class.

If multiple guys like Tucker, Lauderdale, Dixon, Cunningham, and Denson want to commit I think Graham will let them and sort out the numbers later. I don't think Graham will retract any offers from current commits but he will have talks with some of them and ask them to reevaluate their commitment or greyshirt.

I've always wondered how that works.. Like you said, Graham should only take high profile players at this point and reevaluate some of the "on the bubble" type players later. He needs to just be honest with them and if he sees them potentially getting buried in the depth chart he needs to tell them to explore better opportunities. Obviously there are so many loopholes to take on extra scholarship players that I try not to think about it anymore.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that ASU has 25 players how do they keep going?

Doug Haller: Because nothing is final until signing day..

If I had a twitter I'd ask him, exactly how many more Aths can ASU sign? Or is that number 25 no matter what? Even with early enrollees, players that left the team, redshirts, greyshirts, and transfers..

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The class is ranked #10 on Scout right now.

11 of the 25 commits are 6'3'' or taller. This year nobody on the defense was taller than 6'1''. I can't wait to see these kids play.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chans Cox was a four star fullback. I wonder if he'd make a good H-back? It doesn't look like we're going to get somebody at that position this year. The guy we have at TE is going to be more of a blocker.

I don't know, following Dixon on Twitter he seems very interested.. Even alluded to another recruit that he'd be at ASU. Nelson isn't the true TE that we need. I think we get em' personally.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathon Johnson flipped to Cal...depth at Devilbacker just took a big hit but it does open up a spot. I don't think he would have made a contribution next season anyway. When I watched his tape what stood out wasn't his talent but just who awful his competition was.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathon Johnson flipped to Cal...depth at Devilbacker just took a big hit but it does open up a spot. I don't think he would have made a contribution next season anyway. When I watched his tape what stood out wasn't his talent but just who awful his competition was.

I have a feeling this might have been a mutual meeting of the minds. I know you'd like to get Cox a look at HB but I think he might be a great Devilback for us.. Next Clay Matthews! Lol

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this might have been a mutual meeting of the minds. I know you'd like to get Cox a look at HB but I think he might be a great Devilback for us.. Next Clay Matthews! Lol

He's probably the best option at Devil right now if Bradford leaves. Hopefully he stays healthy next season.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big recruiting day for NNT.. ASU will get theirs just wait..

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Calhoun

1259168.jpg