• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephon Gilmore

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will/should the 9ers pursue him? He wants $15mill a year.

Tough one, but I can't see us making it too far in this division without CB help.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford to pay Gilmore like that. If he'd take a one-year prove it deal, I think he'll sign elsewhere.

This is the offseason decisions of the FO coming back to bite them in the ass. It seems like we need a starting CB every single offseason. Yet, they entered this year betting the CB position on Verrett's health--a stupid bet.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford to pay Gilmore like that. If he'd take a one-year prove it deal, I think he'll sign elsewhere.

This is the offseason decisions of the FO coming back to bite them in the ass. It seems like we need a starting CB every single offseason. Yet, they entered this year betting the CB position on Verrett's health--a stupid bet.
Yeah... if he's taking a hard line at $15M, I tend to agree. Pipe dream, I know.

Looking for silver linings, Lenoir is at least looking to be a serviceable draft-pick so far. If only we had Verrett and Mosely out there... shoulda woulda coulda.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, we don't have the cap space and we have to look ahead to next off-season. Even though the cap wil go up quite a bit next year, we have a LOT of contracts to work on and some will be LARGE (Bosa, Deebo, and Greenlaw to start with).

Then we have Gilmore coming off a bad injury, don't we have enough experience with older players (31) coming off major injury?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we don't have the cap space and we have to look ahead to next off-season. Even though the cap wil go up quite a bit next year, we have a LOT of contracts to work on and some will be LARGE (Bosa, Deebo, and Greenlaw to start with).

Then we have Gilmore coming off a bad injury, don't we have enough experience with older players (31) coming off major injury?

Something tells me that resigning Bosa after this year is gonna be a challenge. I could see a scenario where he plays all of 2022 under his rookie contract and we try to execute the optional 5th year in his agreement or he holds out. Hope I'm wrong.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports already out that the Panthers just traded a 6th for Gilmore.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something tells me that resigning Bosa after this year is gonna be a challenge. I could see a scenario where he plays all of 2022 under his rookie contract and we try to execute the optional 5th year in his agreement or he holds out. Hope I'm wrong.
They didn't take a long time with Kittle, T. Williams, Warner, Ward, or Jusczk, so not expecting a bad situation with Bosa. More so since Bosa isn't being as disruptive as 2019 - so far?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't take a long time with Kittle, T. Williams, Warner, Ward, or Jusczk, so not expecting a bad situation with Bosa. More so since Bosa isn't being as disruptive as 2019 - so far?
This is probably just me, but I don't get the feeling that he's committed to the organization. Again, hope I'm wrong, you comments about the 2019 Bosa versus the 2021 Bosa notwithstanding.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is probably just me, but I don't get the feeling that he's committed to the organization. Again, hope I'm wrong, you comments about the 2019 Bosa versus the 2021 Bosa notwithstanding.
Wow, i don't get this impression at all so we'll just have to see. Still lots of time till they get into discussions.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone to Carolina in my mind........