• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of Nebraska ready to sue Federal Governent

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do liberals hate poor people so much? Instead of motivating them to better themselves and their families, they continually allow them live in poverty by making them complacent. The shit is cyclical and it's only getting worse. What happened to the days of leaning on friends and family in tough times? It's not the governments job to feed, clothe, and shelter people, especially when they won't do a damn thing to help themselves. Hell, I don't like my fucking job but the idea of being self reliant and being able to provide for my family is a lot more appealing than sitting around and doing nothing all damn day long. You are doing a lot more good for a person by "forcing" him into becoming a contributor to society they are by allowing them to leech off it IMO.

I, like landon said, am not against charity or helping those who are truly in need, but I don't want to be forced into paying for the laziness of millions by a bunch of scumbags in Washington. We need to immediately send a message to them assholes and vote EVERYONE out of office. We need term limits ASAP, and the idea of a fair tax seems more and more appealing everyday.

1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong
3. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
4. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
5. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
6. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
7. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
8. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
9. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
10 You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.
-William J. H. Boetcker

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is the excuse. They are too big and powerful. They can basically get away with whatever they want. Ruin the economy, oh, we'll help you build yourself back up because you're too big to let go bankrupt. As for outsourcing, that is globalization mixed with taxes and minimum wage requirements going up. Look at it this way, if you were running your business and you had 2 options:
1. Stay in the US and have to pay $7.25/hr (use to be $5.25/hr or something like that. These numbers are not completely accurate but close enough) for all your workers, plus high taxes on property, returns, etc.
2. Go somewhere else and pay $7.25 a day (again not accurate but you'll see my point) and pay a lot less taxes than here.
Obviously option 2 is better fiscally. Also, for those that complain that we pay others soooo much less than we do here, these jobs are actually in the upper end of the working class in those countries. It is often ten times more than the average pay for the working class in that country. Maybe even more.

Paying a fair wage to Americans {the minimum wage is a fair wage to children only} is just a part of doing business. If these American corporations can't handle it, then they should have to pay even more in taxes and tariffs for not providing jobs to American citizens.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
10 You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.
-William J. H. Boetcker

+1 rep for this.....

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Part of the problem with min. wage is that the cost of living ALWAYS goes up more than what the wage increase was suppose to help out. When I was in the military that always happened within 1-2 MONTHS. And what is some of the reasoning for those in office for raising taxes (trying to force money out of the people), well now they are making more money so they can afford it.

Most jobs and employers naturally rewarded people with decent starting wages and raises b4 all of this forcing things up. And what happened, employers started making employees pay for medical and dental ins. or much more of it, giving less in wage increases, and cutting people b4 they became eligible for their company retirement package, keeping you from working full time so they didn't have to supply you medical and other law mandated benefits.

The more gov. gets into our lives the less privacy we have, a constitutional right.
obamacare has sooooooooooo many illegal parts and unconstitutional parts to it.

On people trying to make a big deal out of Nolehuskers post that included $ amounts. Those wage increases always made it so that the only people that made more were the top 1-3% of the people in the country cause they are the only ones that have the real ability to protect their finances. Buffet could make money of the stock market and I do not doubt that many rich do in some way just by how much money they can move around.

The way the economy works best for everyone, even the rich is if the other 97% of the population have a decent amount of disposable income, higher taxes on things already taxed and making new taxes to steal more of our money. You see it if push comes to shove people buy fewer different things and start concentrating on what is needed and if it gets really bad they do all kinds of things to pay bills that they see as the most important. Or put bills on a rotation to hold things off longer.
In the long run it doesn't work.
The European Union countries are already starting to have money problems and it hasn't been around very long, even with VAT (value added taxes, on everything), Greece is bankrupt and many others in the Union are in financial trouble or bankrupt. obama wants the USA to do the same things with obamacare. He wants us to have a VAT tax, carbon police etc. Its like he looked and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and he with Ried and Pelosi and the dems they strong arm looked and it and are drawing up bills and hiding things in bills to take away every one of those rights.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I laugh when people compare out government now to both communist and Nazisn. You can't be both the 2 idealologies don't work together and like the people on foxnews and CNN all I hear is complaining but no action. If you have an issue, call your representative. Also our government mess was caused by both parties. We need to have faith in our leaders or we will fall like Rome.

I will agree that both parties have caused problems. But I can tell you that the democrats have done by far the most corrupt things to this country and refuse to step down like they demand the republicans do. You might think that I vote republican and I might vote for one republican on any ticket on any year but I have been voting 3rd party for the last 15 years.

And you cannot have faith that our elected officials (our elected employees to put it correctly, which means we are the boss). You have to call, write, and email them constantly to get the PEOPLES voice going above what they want to illegally listen to special interest lobbyists.

I could see that when I had a talk with my history instructor in the 80's and he was trying to convince me that we should have to take history in college, when I already had the same stuff in HS. His reasons for us taking history in college were so we could see the mistakes made in history so we would not repeat the mistakes, and that he hoped they did a better job. I told him that the people that needed to pay attention in their history class obviously didn't cause they are making them for our country and that history hadn't changed since HS. I will still stand by that. The only people that should have to take US history are those from other countries.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-William J. H. Boetcker

Some people simply do not have the ability or resources to do what is necessary to help themselves, to say otherwise is simply a cowardly way of saying "I'm selfish, and only care about myself". Whether you like it or not, people are products of their environments...and some environments are much harsher, less forgiving, and require much more out of people.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people simply do not have the ability or resources to do what is necessary to help themselves, to say otherwise is simply a cowardly way of saying "I'm selfish, and only care about myself". Whether you like it or not, people are products of their environments...and some environments are much harsher, less forgiving, and require much more out of people.

lol...I'm pretty sure he's not talking about paraplegics here Einstein. Perhaps you misunderstood the words "will not". I agree, people are products of their environment. What do you think happens when a single female has an illegitament child and instead of getting a job, she gets welfare, foodstamps, public housing, and free healthcare? Then she has another and finds herself getting MORE assistance? Wow, more babies=more money??? SWEET DEAL RIGHT??? What kind of environment are THOSE kids going to grow up in? They will do what they know to do. They won't know how to work and they won't become productive members of society unless THEY CHOOSE too. It's called adversity. You can either deal with it or tuck your tail behind your legs.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to add to the problem of "non-sports" subjects on the board. However, if you would like to PM me and have a FRIENDLY debate on the matter, I am more than willing :).

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can tell you from personal experience that if you get hurt like I did that unless you have a lot of money or a lot of help or can get back to your old job gov. at least in my state and I figure in most states gov makes you get rid of almost everything to get help and they do not make it so you can work back into supporting yourself without losing everything in the way of help way too fast and that every dollar is counted as b4 taxes are taken out.
Where in anyone's world, epic, does it make sense to try to go above the gov. min. on earning if you cannot make sure you can make and continue to make much more money than you did b4 you got hurt because you are usually going to need to have that to PAY taxes, to Buy insurance much higher cost medical, dental and medication insurance. Also if you have a family any insurances to provide for your family just in case will go up if you had not already had it bought or need to get more because of what someone else did to you.

If a person hurt you and it was by law determined to be their fault then they should have to make up all of those differences and that includes true salary loss until you can make it back to the level you were making and that also includes the much higher that you would need to make up for the additional costs they imposed on you for the rest of your life.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Besides Nebraska and every state that is going to sue over obamacare (and EVERY state should be or the public officials should be impeached for failure to do their jobs, ethics and treason).

It is totally unconstitutional!!!

What those idiots are trying to do is take away states rights to govern themselves.

And everything else would need an amendment to the constitution which means We the People VOTE on it at election time.

They cannot afford to pay for it period and that makes it illegal.

and from what I understand it pays for illegals medical. They will take your income tax refund if you do not buy into obamacare (that alone is illegal for the federal gov. to do. to force everyone to buy a product) and they will make it so you can go to prison if you do not buy it.

Its against the Bill of Rights at several levels

They are trying to do what they did against the WILL of the Majority Of The People and that alone is unconstitutional and illegal.
I am a Veteran and this makes me sick to see what I served to protect being trashed like that. If these people had been in the military they would be in Levenworth for the rest of their life and that might not be that long because of what they would have been tried for. and that is what these idiots deserve.
EVERY person that voted against the will of the people should be impeached and out of this country even after they die for their unamerican doings.