• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars General Discussion Thread

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well done!

Introducing Ahsoka Tano to the big screen is a very interesting idea and I like the way in which you are suggesting. If they were to do this I think they'd have to handle it very delicately. They'd want to reward fans of the animated series', who are very much in the minority. But at the same time not confuse the majority of the fans who likely never even heard of her let alone be familiar with her backstory. I think they could cater to both groups with a bit of tactful dialogue without going into too much detail.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Ahsoka in the movies, but I don’t think she would work as a major character at this point. She has too much back story that most of the viewers would not be aware of. I think she could only be introduced as a bit character, similar to how Saw was handled in Rogue One.

If they wanted to give her a larger role, maybe they could have her as a main character in a one-off. Maybe young Han crosses paths with her pre Yavin 4.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for it as well. But I'm not sure how much nostalgia factors in.

Rogue One was a really well done film. So was The Last Jedi. You could easily argue that Last Jedi had the most complex story line.

True. These are all good but I think the first one set the table for the rest. Awesome opening scene that they could never quite reproduce as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. These are all good but I think the first one set the table for the rest. Awesome opening scene that they could never quite reproduce as well.

From an impact perspective Last Hope blows all the other ones away. I was 9 when it came out and I was in an absolute tizzy waiting for it to come out. It was definitely a culture changing event. The special effects in that movie was revolutionary for their time.

But as a film, it was a fairly average film. The acting was meh. The story line was as simple as you could realistically get. Empire Strikes Back was the film that brought thematic elements to the story.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier, like @juliansteed suggested, Ahsoka's backstory could be handled with intelligent dialog. Fans who never watched the Clone Wars wouldn't really need to know much. Knowing she was Anakin's Padawan during the Clone Wars is really enough to accept her as a major character - and that would most certainly need to be flushed out since no one in the Resistance would know who she is either.

Like you guys hinted at, I think it would be an awesome payoff for those who saw and liked the animated series and it would also trigger many who didn't see it to watch it and discover Ahsoka's past.

A satellite movie with Ahsoka would be cool too.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Hope for me. It was first and introduced us all to the Star Wars universe. Without it and the huge hit it was and phenomenon it became, none of the other movies would have followed or been as successful. Empire was ground breaking cause the bad guys won and the good guys were on the run. You still believed the good guys would win in the end but Empire made you doubt that outcome just enough to make the anticipation for Return of the Jedi almost unbearable. You couldn't wait for the 3rd movie to see if good would really win in the end or....well....mind blown. For full disclosure, I was 10 years old when New Hope came out.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really thinking about this earlier but Ahsoka would probably be about 70 at this point in the timeline. I'm not sure if her species ages similarly to humans. Even if it does it wouldn't mean she couldn't appear in the movie, but she wouldn't be the same Ahsoka we're use to which didn't really occur to me initially.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really thinking about this earlier but Ahsoka would probably be about 70 at this point in the timeline. I'm not sure if her species ages similarly to humans. Even if it does it wouldn't mean she couldn't appear in the movie, but she wouldn't be the same Ahsoka we're use to which didn't really occur to me initially.

Yeah, she'd be older, but not decrepit. She could easily be portrayed to look similar to Shaak Ti in episode 2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, she'd be older, but not decrepit. She could easily be portrayed to look similar to Shaak Ti in episode 2.
Rebels takes place approx 20 years after Clone Wars, and she didn’t look that different there. So I think they could explain that that race doesn’t age quickly. I think VIII takes place about 30 years after VI, so that would be 50 years after her introduction (CW takes place just after II, I think)

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire. IMO all the movies revolve around Episode V.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier, like @juliansteed suggested, Ahsoka's backstory could be handled with intelligent dialog. Fans who never watched the Clone Wars wouldn't really need to know much. Knowing she was Anakin's Padawan during the Clone Wars is really enough to accept her as a major character - and that would most certainly need to be flushed out since no one in the Resistance would know who she is either.

Like you guys hinted at, I think it would be an awesome payoff for those who saw and liked the animated series and it would also trigger many who didn't see it to watch it and discover Ahsoka's past.

A satellite movie with Ahsoka would be cool too.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Anakin's padawan? If that's true then that ship sailed with the way the prequel was done. No way in that timeline he could have had a padawan, is there? For starters, he was never a full-blown Jedi at any point in the prequel from what I gathered. Didn't Sidious/Palpatine "complete" his training (As Vader) at some point after Revenge of the Sith? (Again, according to the shitty movies).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anakin's padawan? If that's true then that ship sailed with the way the prequel was done. No way in that timeline he could have had a padawan, is there? For starters, he was never a full-blown Jedi at any point in the prequel from what I gathered. Didn't Sidious/Palpatine "complete" his training (As Vader) at some point after Revenge of the Sith? (Again, according to the shitty movies).
He wa tasked with Ahsoka during the Clone Wars. She was initially assigned to Obiwan, but that was not a match, and Yoda and the council thought that the responsibility of a Padwan could temper Anakins wild spirit.

This was all shown in the canonical animated series The Clone Wars. This show takes place right before (after? I forget) the events of II.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wa tasked with Ahsoka during the Clone Wars. She was initially assigned to Obiwan, but that was not a match, and Yoda and the council thought that the responsibility of a Padwan could temper Anakins wild spirit.

This was all shown in the canonical animated series The Clone Wars. This show takes place right before (after? I forget) the events of II.

Yeah, right after II.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clone Wars was actually a very good series.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better than Rebels. And I basically watched Clone Wars just so I could get to Rebels, which I had heard great things about (meh).

Same. I heard Rebels was good but should watch Clone Wars first to really appreciate Rebels but I ended up enjoying Clone Wars much more.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Return of the Jedi as a kid but the older I got, the more I liked Empire and less I liked Return of the Jedi. I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet but of the ones I have seen, I'd rank them like this:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Rogue One
7. Attack of the Clones

8. The Phantom Menace
Just saw The Last Jedi. I think that I'd rank it 3rd overall behind Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daisy Ridley gets captured by giant slug thing and forced to be slave wearing skimpier clothes than Leia. Don't care about the rest.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESB has 2/3 of the vote.

Should be higher.