• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished re-watching the prequels. And although I've always agreed to a point, I now agree much more that the acting in those movies just isn't good. Which is still surprising because those actors are good in other movies. I think Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson & Ian McDiarmid are fine. And I think Hayden Christensen isn't as bad as most people say, especially in Episode III. But overall very disappointing acting. Although I blame it on the directing, since those actors are good in other movies. Oh well, they are still good movies overall!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1a. The Original
1b. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Rogue One
5. The Force Awakens
6. The Last Jedi
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Revenge of the Sith
109. The Phantom Menace

Overall the Empire Strikes Back is probably the better movie but the original just blew everyone away

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Empire
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One (I REALLY loved it in theaters, and am afraid to rewatch it and have it not be as good the second time)
4. The Force Awakens
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Last Jedi

And that's all of the Star Wars movies. There aren't any others.

Do you fucking hear me?! There are NOT any others!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever one has the most Jar Jar Binks screen time.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are on the topic of Star Wars, I would be remiss to not direct everyone here to Plinkett's exceptional Star Wars Prequels reviews. I am sure many of you are already aware of them, but for anyone who is not, they are hysterically funny and extremely informative. Here is part one of his Episode 1 review, just to point you in the right direction.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are on the topic of Star Wars, I would be remiss to not direct everyone here to Plinkett's exceptional Star Wars Prequels reviews. I am sure many of you are already aware of them, but for anyone who is not, they are hysterically funny and extremely informative. Here is part one of his Episode 1 review, just to point you in the right direction.

Holy shit, this guy hated the phantom menace WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than me.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, this guy hated the phantom menace WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than me.
Hell, this guy made an incredibly successful internet career out of hating the Phantom Menace

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prepare for the onslaught of douches complaining about "girl power" or some other such shit.

I don't think people are going to complain about female leads because females are the leads, I think people are going to just not watch the show because a human female has been the lead in four of the last five Star Wars movies and it's getting played out. Gotta do something different to keep people interested.

Now if they made a show on Ryloth centered around some hot female Twi'leks in skimpy outfits I think viewership would spike. If they made a show on Dathomir centered around the sinister witchcraft of the Nightsisters and origin stories of Darth Maul more people would be interested.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people are going to complain about female leads because females are the leads, I think people are going to just not watch the show because a human female has been the lead in four of the last five Star Wars movies and it's getting played out. Gotta do something different to keep people interested.

Now if they made a show on Ryloth centered around some hot female Twi'leks in skimpy outfits I think viewership would spike. If they made a show on Dathomir centered around the sinister witchcraft of the Nightsisters and origin stories of Darth Maul more people would be interested.

Mandalorian has happened since the latest girl power move installments.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mandalorian has happened between the latest girl power move installments.
Oh yeah. I'm a fan of Star Wars, but not Disney. I'm not giving Disney any of my money for their streaming service. Maybe I'll check out Mandalorian if it ever becomes available through an alternate source.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. I'm a fan of Star Wars, but not Disney. I'm not giving Disney any of my money for their streaming service. Maybe I'll check out Mandalorian if it ever becomes available through an alternate source.

you can get it for free right now if you have Verizon.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can get it for free right now if you have Verizon.
I have actually never paid for a cell phone in my life. My company has provided me one since small flip phones were the big new thing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prepare for the onslaught of douches complaining about "girl power" or some other such shit.
So are they gonna show leg?

It is my belief they get their power through their legs!

They should show some legs.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it going to take place during a timeline that doesn't suck shit?

Cuz at this point everything since Empire has been mediocre at best.

Shame because the first few films and a good chunk of the games are great.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that it has to be described like this is probably a bad sign to begin with. What the fuck does "Female-centric" even mean in this context? Are we going to learn the ins and outs of how space tampons are purchased?

Seriously just give us Golden Girls in space at this point and it will be better than what they're planning. Guaranteed.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeltrons.