• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanley Cup Final Game 4: Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers, 6/11 5:00 PM, NBCSN

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read yesterday that Hawks fans are still not worried

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers definitely had the "puck luck" with those two pucks spending about 12 seconds of actual game time sitting on the goal line behind Lundqvist. The calls were pretty lopsided in my opinion with the biggest being the no call in the 2nd on Carter's pseudo breakaway, but the Kings had chances and were as close as you can get to coming back from 0-2 yet again. Quick looked like a beast again and those two goals were just crazy bounces (He still almost got that 2nd one. St. Louis was able to elevate it).

The difference can be seen in the interviews though. They interviewed Mike Richards and all he said when asked about the two close calls was "it happens" and then said they could have done more earlier in the game and that they were going to watch game film and make their adjustments. Not using "puck luck" as an excuse.

Sean O'Donnell had a good point yesterday in that if you asked the Kings before heading to New York if they would take a split, "To a man, they would have". It was unfortunate that they lost the second leg, but they accomplished their overall goal and have a what they wanted: A chance to win the cup on home ice on Friday.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, if the Kings just play thier game and bring the same effort from the 2nd-3rd Rags won't be able to match it

The Kings were "puck luck" away from sweeping the Rangers, they completely dominated that game from about the second period on. I've never seen two dead pucks on the goal line like that ever, let alone not even grazed by all the chaos that was going on around it. Bizarre.

I expected the loss last night, things were rolling a tad too well for LA and you knew King Nothing was going to steal a game at some point. Best to do it in NY, it gives the Kings a chance to win at home.

No way NY wins the next 3 games so LA just has to handle their business tomorrow and it's done.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do sort of feel that East Coast bias in play today.... the general media article feel is that the Rangers are scrappy, never quit, their amazing goaltender lifted them on his shoulders and they stayed alive. Have you guys ever seen the puck top on the goal line twice in one game like that??

Meanwhile, when the Kings win, we have all the "puck luck," we've only actually lead in the series for 7 minutes, Lundqvist is simply unlucky but playing amazing and the refs gave us goal a la the King interference which nobody will seem to forget.

My take from last nights game was that the Kings played amazing except for one goal (the second one) and not an earth shattering let down kind of goal - it happens. The first Ranger PP goal was a long power play shift with multiple deflections - happens as well. No shame in the two goals given up and the team responded well (as they have all playoffs).

Otherwise, the Kings attacked, cycled and played hard for the entire game and just could not get one to go. Honestly, I think it was their best game of the playoffs (probably in the minority with that opinion). So, if they even get close to that level at home, the Rangers are in for a long night. First off, whistles were swallowed a few times in crucial moments. Like we are all saying, the Carter breakaway where the stick was lost was absurd to no call that. I completely agree with Ox, let 'em play and none of this ticky tack stuff. But that was not ticky tack - it was far more egregious than the Doughty penalty against Nash in Game 3 that possible saved a wrap around goal.

If the Kings score first in any of the next three games, the Rangers are in dire trouble. I really hope we come out attacking in Game 5 and maintain that level we saw last night. No shame in last nights defeat, they played great.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Blue, you are not the only one. I've posted this several times in the past, but it just sums up Pierre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5zXLZHGI4

Dude is creepy as shit.

Yikes, personal space man! No offense to any of our Asian posters here but that is shit they do. I can't count how many times I've had to politely ask them to back up a little when I am in the grocery line or waiting at a restaurant. McGuire should have been junk punched.

Checking out the trades that year, it was interesting to see Salei's name in there, who knew he would be killed barely 3 years later in that horrific plane crash and it was actually funny seeing Fedorov traded for a guy named Ruth.

Fedorov was a great player for many years but no matter how good he was I always considered him chickish. Guys who wear white skates are tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference can be seen in the interviews though. They interviewed Mike Richards and all he said when asked about the two close calls was "it happens" and then said they could have done more earlier in the game and that they were going to watch game film and make their adjustments. Not using "puck luck" as an excuse.

That has been the common theme I have seen during this series, the Kings just accept what is - good or bad - and don't blame anyone where as the Rangers have some false sense of entitlement. Richards nailed it, it happens, no big, we move on and we can improve.

I also didn't see any Kings players or staff bitching about calls (or more importantly non-calls) from last night. Carter should have drew a penalty on the breakaway and there were countless other penalties he Kings didn't get calls on. Meanwhile, you breathe the same air as a Ranger and you're going to the box.

I think the Kings go about their business and send NY home tomorrow. Consider yesterday a gift for the MSG folks, should be the last home win of the season for them.