• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanley Cup Final Game 1: New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings, 6/4 5:00 PM, NBC

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL The crowd behind Patrick and O'Donnell are going wild

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is making those memes? Stop it

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good start at all by our Kings but they hung tough as always and found a way to win. We at Staples knew we had 'em when we got behind 0-2. Clifford's best game of the playoffs so far but I'm ready to put Regehr in for Voynov as it stands right now. Be giving up some speed on defense and that may hurt but as it stands it can't be any worse. At least Regehr will check someone. Maybe that contract extension for Voynov wasn't such a good idea. He seems to believe he doesn't have to work any longer.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was very impressed by the Kings' ability to control the puck towards the end of the game. Really amazing how they got a knack for knowing where the puck is going to bounce.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that was a bigger missed opportunity than the Rangers would like to admit. Up 2-0 early and Kings got the win by wearing them down over the course of the game. That isn't a good sign considering that if LA had any fatigue from playing Chicago, it would have been apparent later in this specific game. That third period didn't include a lot of quality chances for LA, but they outshot the Rangers 20-3 in the period and it was pretty clear that they weren't tired.

Kings looked good once they calmed down and stopped being so arrogant. They were making the cute plays and it caught them a few times. Doughty with his attempted toe-drag for the Rangers first goal and Clifford's fat turnover in his own zone to start the game (Good faith in Clifford because that was a big bonehead pass and I think I would have sat him awhile after that one. But he came up with that huge first goal and made some great plays, so great to see him respond). Quick gave up two (well maybe one if you count Voynov kicking it in) but he made some massive saves early that kept the Kings in it. Much like his huge save in Game 2 against Chicago when the Hawks were already up 2-0. He just calms things and gives the Kings enough time to find their team game.

Have to agree with posters above, Rangers are really fast in a few guys up front, but as a team they aren't Chicago fast. They have some speedy forwards that gave LA problems with breakaways, but Chicago had speed throughout their entire lineup and had many more 3 on 2 rushes that LA couldn't prevent. Every forward line and D-pairing gave the Kings problems in the last series. In this game, the Kings third man in was able to provide a lot of support and backcheckers were able to catch these guys on odd man breaks (Not on the breakaways, but the consistent 3 on 2 rushes). Stoll broke up a few plays by backchecking, where I don't think he could have caught guys like Leddy or Seabrook (And definitely not Keith).

A ton of series left, but that was a big win for the Kings to comeback and really impose their will on New York.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I credit that to Darryl Sutter's coaching, he's got his guys trained to nab all loose pucks. Noticed a major change in the Kings ever since Sutter came on board. Not only is he a great coach, but also a gentleman, & a funny guy. Probably the most underrated coach in the league for a very long time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not, but IDK with the way my Pens are doing things as of late.
It was nice not having Pierre work the Western Finals (Still had to deal with Engblom) but he's back for the Stanley Cup Finals and it sucks. That dude is weird, arrogant, and annoying.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice not having Pierre work the Western Finals (Still had to deal with Engblom) but he's back for the Stanley Cup Finals and it sucks. That dude is weird, arrogant, and annoying.

I agree, but he does know his stuff as an analyst, IDK how he would do as a GM tho.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from what I read the Rangers were able to play with the Kings when the Kings were off and the Rangers were on their game but 2nd and 3rd and the Kings were on their game the Rangers could not keep up.

Honestly, the Rangers first goal was a mistake by Doughty and the 2nd one was a lucky bounce. The first 2 Kings goals were all the Kings working hard to generate something and the OT winner was a break the the Kings.

Will be interesting to see what game 2 is like. If they Kings play their game from start to finish, I think Game 2 could be a blow out.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the earlier comment about the Rangers having some speed players but not overall speed throughout their line up. Vast difference between what the Kings saw last series against the Hawks.

The Rangers are the weakest team the Kings have seen in the playoffs so far, and apart from two gifts from gaffes they really didn't impress me much with anything else. The speed does need to be contained and watched but like I said earlier, push that to the outside and they are not a real threat. Guys like Nash and Boyle will need to get to the paint to cause problems, and they simply are not that team. The Kings defense boxed out quite well last night. Watching Nash on a 2-on-1 and then not even getting a shot off was awesome.

Lundqvist is the only reason this will not be a sweep, but I'm even more confident now that if the Kings play their game from the get go this will end in another Kings' banner next week.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have a few fast guys, but a lot of it was the Kings "hangover" from the Hawks series. These guys were able to snap out of it pretty quickly tho.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What memes?

37711857.jpg

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash