• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford the class of the PAC?

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get them started on who the real "USC" is. They get testy.
We aren't talking about USC, the "real" one or the one out west. We were talking about SC, the state abbreviation for South Carolina, unless there is a state out west call South California. If there is, then I missed that memo.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't talking about USC, the "real" one or the one out west. We were talking about SC, the state abbreviation for South Carolina, unless there is a state out west call South California. If there is, then I missed that memo.
I was talking about a different thread.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Non-retarded people know, when they hear SC, it's Southern California. Deal with it!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is really bullshit...complete bullshit. Fuck the SCOTUS.

We should make the two play for the name. They both suck anyway...so it's an excuse for a bowl promotion. Call it the "Patent Bowl" and have it sponsored by some sleazebag law firm.

While we're at it, let's just fight it out for all other Supreme Court issues as well...2nd Ammendment n sech.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so to be as objective as I can here is how I truly see Stanford this year:

ST:
Kick returns are an A+ the averages are good, even with the NW game included.
FG team is a B Ukropina has hit most of his kicks but he is not a guy I want to see with the game on the line.
Punting is a B.
Kick Coverage and Kickoffs B+ they are not giving up big gains, but they are not forcing a lot of touch backs.

Offense:
O-line is a A+ since NW but a A- for the season.
QB is a solid B+ Hogan is the tenth rated passer this year even with horrible numbers against NW and a 50% completion percentage against UCLA.
RB: McCaffery is a stud, Sanders will get his yards, Wright is the TD vulture and Byrce Love makes me excited for the future A
TE is a solid A they all block well, and the three playing this season (Cotton the 4th one is out) are all capable of destroying LB's and CB's you have to put a solid safety on them.
WR is a B- aside from Owusu's catch we have had too many drops here. The group as a whole has the talent to destroy a team that commits to stopping the run, but they are not as deep as other teams, and there are only a couple of true burners in the group.

Defense:
D-line is a B- they have some studs but are shallow and under sized for the conference.
LB B+ Kalambayi is a silent assassin and Martinez is a tackling machine, but with Andersen out since UCF and Noor Davis out for the whole season so far they are not the strength for the D that they need to be.
DB's B, aside from Ronnie Harris most of them are RS or true frosh. They have the athleticism to be great but are too green. A team with a good Oline and a decent QB will score on Stanford at will if Stanford gets down early and cannot dare the team to run. Balance the attack and I think the team is vulnerable.

So all of that said, the team is playing great ball right now, and they only face one more top 30 defense this season (Washington). They could run the table to the CCG but if they face Utah it makes me a bit more nervous than facing U$C, UCLA or ASU.