• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Recipes Thread

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recipe for disaster:
Bases loaded, no outs.
Ground ball.
Interfere with 2nd baseman.

:thumb:

bevotex

Fear the Steer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevotex's BBQ Sauce

Tony's Barbecue Sauce

Makes about 3 ½ cups
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Butter + 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Pickapeppa sauce
2 tablespoons hot sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Bullseye original barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons Molasses
3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt

Melt butter with oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, & garlic and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in brown sugar and remaining ingredients & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
If you like a smooth BBQ sauce Pour the mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. I like mine somewhat rustic so I use one of those immersion blenders to break up the veggies and not dissolve them. This stores forever in a good container in the refrigerator.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use BBQ sauce to make your BBQ sauce?

BlackWidow

Black Widow
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a long recipe but really easy. Just made these tonight but used 2lbs chicken strips instead of 1lb beef. Delish!

SUPER NACHOS

2 bags corn tortilla chips in 2 colors or different flavors, such as blue corn, red corn, yellow corn, lime flavored, chili flavored or black bean chips -- pick 2 favorites
Pico de Gallo Salsa:
4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, for medium to hot heat level
1 small white onion, chopped
1/4 cup, 2 handfuls, cilantro leaves, finely chopped -- substitute parsley if cilantro is not to your liking
Salt
Beef and Beans Topping:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound ground sirloin
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dark chili powder
1 1/2 ground cumin, half a palmful
2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, giving you medium to hot heat level
1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained
Cheese Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
3/4 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded, about 2 1/2 cups
Additional toppings to choose from, optional:
Sour cream
Chopped scallions
Chopped black olives
Diced pimento
Sliced avocado, dressed with lemon juice
Hot pepper sauces
Directions
Arrange a mixture of 2 varieties of corn chips on a very large platter or use your broiler pan as a platter.
Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside for flavors to marry.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, garlic, onion and peppers to the pan and saute 2 minutes, then add meat and crumble with wooden spoon. Season meat with salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper sauce. Cook meat 5 minutes, then stir in beans and reduce heat to low.
In a medium sauce pot, melt butter and add flour to it. Cook flour and butter 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat, then whisk in milk. When milk comes to a bubble, stir in cheese with a wooden spoon. Remove cheese sauce from the heat.
Pour cheese sauce evenly over the massive spread of chips and top evenly with beef and beans and the pico de gallo. UBER NACHOS! Serve immediately as is or, garnish with your choice of extra toppings from the toppings list.

Pic of my final product

B1BC9240-DAA5-4053-B964-5C7F454A4BA6-377-0000004F1070AD4E_zps2692a919.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of stuff..:hungry:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw this one facebook. Needed a place to save it so I can make it next weekend.

Heaven In A Bowl (Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle)

1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
4 cups cold 2% milk
2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Bake in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping. Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUFFALO WILD WING DIP

2) 12.5 oz cans of chunk chicken breast (drained)
2) 8 oz philly cheese (softened)
1)16 oz bottle ranch dressing
1) 4-5oz container of chunked blue cheese
1/2 bottle of franks buffalo wild wing sauce (regular or spicey your taste)
finely shreeded sharp Cheddar cheese

in a frying pan place chicken and 1/2 stick of butter break up chicken and lightly brown it .. then add 1/2 bottle of franks buffalo wing sauce and cook down

in a bowl place softened philly cheese , bottle of ranch dressing & blue cheese mix with mixer untill smooth ..add 2/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese and fold in .. when chicken is done add to mixture and stir .. pour into pie plate and top with cheddar cheese ( this will make 2 pie plates full) preheat oven to 375 and bake for 25-30 min..

serve with Frito scoops

bump

making this for the games today and tomorrow

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nutty Tacos

Adapted from a craving I get for Sunflower Drive-in in Fair Oaks Ca.

Vegetarian Recipes For Everyday of the Week, Especially Sundays

Sunday, November 9, 2008
Nutty Tacos
Nutty Taco Meat:

1 Cup Walnuts
1 Cup Almonds (soaked)
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (non-pre-cooked-optional)
2 cloves garlic Fresh Garlic
1/2 TBS Cumin Powder
1/2 TBS Turmeric
1 TSP Onion Powder
11/2 cups water
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Cilantro
Salt to Taste
1/3 cup Peanut or Sunflower Oil

Soak almonds in water overnight to soften. Chop the cloves of garlic until minced. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to skillet. Saute garlic until golden. To make nutty mixture place walnuts, soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and spices and 1 cup of water into a blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is combined and the nuts have all been reduced to a paste. Add the remaining olive oil, cooked garlic, and 1/2 cup of water and cilantro and pulse until the cilantro and liquid is absorbed into a paste. Add salt to taste. Pour 1/3 cup oil (peanut or sunflower oil works best) into a frying pan. Scoop the "meat" into the pan and cook on medium heat until the "meat" is darkened and crispy on the edges. Serve with your favorite tortillas and taco fixings, or throw onto a bed of lettuce, a little grated cheddar cheese, canned black olives, and your choice of salsa for a satisfying taco salad.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adapted from a craving I get for Sunflower Drive-in in Fair Oaks Ca.

Vegetarian Recipes For Everyday of the Week, Especially Sundays

Sunday, November 9, 2008
Nutty Tacos
Nutty Taco Meat:

1 Cup Walnuts
1 Cup Almonds (soaked)
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (non-pre-cooked-optional)
2 cloves garlic Fresh Garlic
1/2 TBS Cumin Powder
1/2 TBS Turmeric
1 TSP Onion Powder
11/2 cups water
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Cilantro
Salt to Taste
1/3 cup Peanut or Sunflower Oil

Soak almonds in water overnight to soften. Chop the cloves of garlic until minced. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to skillet. Saute garlic until golden. To make nutty mixture place walnuts, soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and spices and 1 cup of water into a blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is combined and the nuts have all been reduced to a paste. Add the remaining olive oil, cooked garlic, and 1/2 cup of water and cilantro and pulse until the cilantro and liquid is absorbed into a paste. Add salt to taste. Pour 1/3 cup oil (peanut or sunflower oil works best) into a frying pan. Scoop the "meat" into the pan and cook on medium heat until the "meat" is darkened and crispy on the edges. Serve with your favorite tortillas and taco fixings, or throw onto a bed of lettuce, a little grated cheddar cheese, canned black olives, and your choice of salsa for a satisfying taco salad.

I modify this recipe to simplify and suit my own taste, I usually cut the entire recipe in half when just the wife and I are eating, still plenty of leftovers for taco salad the next day. I skip sautéing the garlic, throw it right in the food processor with the rest, it sauté's just fine. Add a grated habanero chile and I only pulse until it is roughly ground, not a paste, more like a ground beef texture. The wife makes a killer mango salsa which goes perfectly with this recipe, I like fresh sprouts, the wife like shredded lettuce and plenty of sharp cheddar of course. I find that toasted corn tortillas go best with nutty tacos. I have done this recipe dozens of times, it always satisfies.