• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla 2019 NFL Mock Draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...thanks to Face and SteelerP we present our 2019 Mock.

Overview...like the real draft, there were some unpredictable picks early so it kinda shot a hole in our predraft strategy of trading up in the 2nd round. Not so much with Pratt, but I do feel like we got pretty good value overall.

Here we go.

1.20 : Clelin Ferrell - OLB - Clemson...top 15 on many big boards, should step into the ROLB job in '20. Very cognizant of leaving Sweat on the board...he might have more upside as a pass rusher, but imo will struggle in run support...Love the talent, but not a good fit in a 34 Def.

2.52 : Germaine Pratt - LB - North Carolina St...need pick, 4th LB on our big board and with Mack going earlier than we thought...bumped him up..kid runs a 4.5 athletic enough to play the Mack.

3.66 : Treyvon Mullen - CB - Clemson...taking need at 52 I left some of the bigger name 2nd tier CBs on the board...I think our guy has the same skillset...will have a chance to start.

3.83 : Miles Boykin - WR - Notre Dame...official visit player, gives them a big bodied slot that can get deep.

4.122 : Mike Weber - RB - Ohio St...wanted Sanders (great value pick by AZ) but happy with Weber...solid depth pick

5.141 : Josh Oliver - TE - San Jose St...wanted a TE that could attack the deep seam...he fits, they can work on the blocking.

6.175 : Martez Ivey - OT - Florida...surprised to see him on the board...BPA pick he was a top 75 player and dropped to 93 on drafttek...value here.

6.192 : Tyler Clark - DE - Georgia...depth. The clock is ticking on Hooks and Tyson is a 10 yr vet as well.

6.207 : Andrew Van Ginkel - LB - Wisconsin...depth...kid made plays, eclipsed TJ's stats his last yr at Wisc. Can lightning strike twice from the same school?

7.219 : Stephen Denmark - CB - Valdosta St....this kid was a wildcard pick...6' 3" 220 running a 4.4, official visit player...former WR...great candidate to move to FS...meanwhile ST.

Now...we can sit back and watch Colbert put all of his offseason work on display starting tomorrow night.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record... after the Devin’s flew off the board in the 1st round, we were planning on Brian Burns. But he went 12th overall if I recall correctly.

Tricky 1st round with how it played out. We were ready to trade up but in the blink of an eye we were forced to stay put once all our top options were gone. Ferrell is a consensus top 10 pick on almost every draft board we looked at. Seemed like a pretty easy decision regardless of scheme fit.

Sorry @Superbelt , we know you are all aboard the Burns train.

As for the rest of the picks... Very good value all around. Lots of depth pieces to work with and a lot of them could push for starting roles. Even our 6th-7th rd picks presented good value. Admittedly we were hunting a Safety almost every round it felt like, but the guys we were targeting kept getting sniped.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dream is still alive till tomorrow night.

I'm not crying if we get Ferrell.

I'm kinda souring on both Devins anyway. Too much hype for guys who deserve 2nd round grades in other years.

I don't imagine we see a trade up for Burns, which is sad. I think he'd deserve it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we felt pretty good about getting Burns, or Ferrell at 20, and trading up for Mack Wilson in the 2nd...that strategy was blown to pcs with Burns going 12, Wilson going 27.

It was fun again.

Devins...I just think the position is a little over valued in this draft...top 5 for White? That should be reserved for QB, blindside protectors, and guys that get the QB on the ground, maybe a top tier WR.

Both should be day one starters but they should not be top 10 picks....goes to show that more teams pick need than BPA...funny article with Colbert speaking about that and his last few 1st rd picks have looked needy...lol especially Burns.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I do not think Devin Bush is worth trading up for. I’d be happy if they took him at 20, but trading up would be another one of those “drafting for need” mistakes where you overvalue someone because it’s a position of need, instead of taking BPA.

Simply put, Bush is not a top 10-12 type talent. He’s a great player but jumping in front of Denver & Cincy just to grab him would require a lot of draft capital. Staying put & taking BPA makes a lot more sense to me.

That said, I think Devin White is the better player. Top 5 prospect? Hardly, but definitely top 10 caliber.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I do not think Devin Bush is worth trading up for. I’d be happy if they took him at 20, but trading up would be another one of those “drafting for need” mistakes where you overvalue someone because it’s a position of need, instead of taking BPA.

Simply put, Bush is not a top 10-12 type talent. He’s a great player but jumping in front of Denver & Cincy just to grab him would require a lot of draft capital. Staying put & taking BPA makes a lot more sense to me.

That said, I think Devin White is the better player. Top 5 prospect? Hardly, but definitely top 10 caliber.

I expect both Devins to be over drafted tonight, but I think White should be going in the 10-12 range and Bush to be 15-20 range....we shall see.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to predict the Steelers select a CB with their first round selection.

Rock Ya-Sin Temple

or

Byron Murphy Washington

or

DeAndre Baker Georgia

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to predict the Steelers select a CB with their first round selection.

Rock Ya-Sin Temple

or

Byron Murphy Washington

or

DeAndre Baker Georgia
Please tell me you don’t actually think Ya-Sin is worthy of a 1st Rd pick? And are simply predicting the usual Tomlin stupidity?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT is reporting that the Steelers are trying to get into the top 10.
I do NOT like trading into the top ten for Devin White.

And I'll flip my shit if they do it for Devin Bush.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you don’t actually think Ya-Sin is worthy of a 1st Rd pick? And are simply predicting the usual Tomlin stupidity?

Not a chance! I've been hoping for Baker. Problem is, I've read numerous times that Tomlin is in love with Ya-Sin. Scary. The fact that Tomlin still has a job should scare Steelers fans everywhere.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo Samuel in round 2 out of South Carolina would be interesting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance! I've been hoping for Baker. Problem is, I've read numerous times that Tomlin is in love with Ya-Sin. Scary. The fact that Tomlin still has a job should scare Steelers fans everywhere.
I don’t think Tomlin even watches film. He just watches YouTube highlight reels.
Deebo Samuel in round 2 out of South Carolina would be interesting.
Tomlin was pumping up James Washington in recent pressers. Sort of makes me think they are going to wait until the 3rd or 4th Rds before they take a WR.