• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS - Really?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. you might encounter a top 10 or top 15 team at some point in a 25 game span in one of those conferences.
Already played 2

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The b1G has been down the last couple. But i will say your 8 games over .500 is very lopsided. FSU has played two teams that are 15-1 combined and the rest of the opponents are combined 19-22 and an FCS team.

Even without Bethune-Cookman FSU is the only team of the 4 that is above .500. Cannot help if OSU's supposed two best teams they played in Wisky and NW are a combined 10-7 instead of 15-2. You are at the mercy of your opponents. This year FSU's opponents have done a better job at not being completely shit like previous years.

I even said that the Big has not helped OSU.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accomplishments at previous schools have no bearing on how OSU is coached. Not difficult to understand that. Why is OSU this year coached better.

Accomplishments as previous schools absolutely have a bearing. If a coach has accomplished a lot of things at a lot of different places than he is a proven coach and brings his coaching philosophy to another team that team is now being coached by a proven winner.

I am comparing which coach is better.

Its not a one year argument.

You would be fool to suggest Jimbo is better than Urban at this point or any point in the near future unless he wins multiple national championships.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo took a team that was 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, and 7-6 to 10-4, 9-4, 12-1. THen there is the 3 straight bowl wins. 2 of which they were underdogs. Top 5 recruiting classes and 1 #1 recruiting class. Conference Champion. Yep he has done absolutely nothing worth talking about.

Also the gif was not that funny(5 out of 10). I was trying to have a serious discussion about what Sox said because what he said peaked my interest and curiosity.

Then there is the loss to an unranked team last year.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accomplishments as previous schools absolutely have a bearing. If a coach has accomplished a lot of things at a lot of different places than he is a proven coach and brings his coaching philosophy to another team that team is now being coached by a proven winner.

You would be fool to suggest Jimbo is better than Urban at this point or any point in the near future unless he wins multiple national championships.

I don't think he's arguing which coach is better or has better accomplishments. He's arguing which team has been coached better. Thus, you can't take what a coach has done at another school and apply it to what he has done at this school because that was coaching a different team. He wants to know what Urban has done at OSU that shows they are coached better than what Jimbo has done at FSU. What Urban did at Florida or at Utah has nothing to do with what he has coached at OSU, because it is a different atmosphere and different kids.

You could argue that he has been very accomplished at 2 other big programs and if he did that he has to be doing something right, but that doesn't mean he has coached OSU better than Jimbo has FSU. It just means he's been around for a longer time and has more experience (another argument you could use I guess). Urban has been a head coach for over a decade. Jimbo has only been for 4.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's arguing which coach is better or has better accomplishments. He's arguing which team has been coached better. Thus, you can't take what a coach has done at another school and apply it to what he has done at this school because that was coaching a different team. He wants to know what Urban has done at OSU that shows they are coached better than what Jimbo has done at FSU. What Urban did at Florida or at Utah has nothing to do with what he has coached at OSU, because it is a different atmosphere and different kids.

You could argue that he has been very accomplished at 2 other big programs and if he did that he has to be doing something right, but that doesn't mean he has coached OSU better than Jimbo has FSU. It just means he's been around for a longer time and has more experience (another argument you could use I guess). Urban has been a head coach for over a decade. Jimbo has only been for 4.

Bingo. :suds:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THe bold has no bearing on how this year's OSU team is better coached. BECAUSE He does not have the same kids, or assistant coaches from his run at UF or even his time at Utah. All different places with different cultures.

Sox stated that OSU was better coached this year than FSU. Give me an example as to WHY they are being coached better this year. Key part of this is THIS YEAR!!! Why is this so difficult to understand?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nolehusker;3942031 He wants to know what Urban has done at OSU that shows they are coached better than what Jimbo has done at FSU. [/QUOTE said:
Okay, Urban hasn't lost to an unranked team at tOSU. Jimbo has several times at FSU.

End of argument.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bold has no bearing on how this year's OSU team is better coached. BECAUSE He does not have the same kids, or assistant coaches from his run at UF or even his time at Utah. All different places with different cultures.

Sox stated that OSU was better coached this year than FSU. Give me an example as to WHY they are being coached better this year. Key part of this is THIS YEAR!!! Why is this so difficult to understand?

When you have a better coach it doesn't matter what year it is. They are always going to be coached better.

You might not have the better team but you will have the better coach.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a better coach it doesn't matter what year it is. They are always going to be coached better.

You might not have the better team but you will have the better coach.

Dude you are just not getting it. I am out on this one.

Previous jobs at other schools have NO BEARING on how the kids at OSU are being coached. End of Story.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Urban hasn't lost to an unranked team at tOSU. Jimbo has several times at FSU.

End of argument.

That was last year and it was Jimbo's 3rd year coaching. While most of the kids on the team were their last year, they still have new kids and a new QB. Also, Jimbo got 6 new assistant coaches this year. Show us how they are better coached this year.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Previous jobs at other schools have NO BEARING on how the kids at OSU are being coached. End of Story.

You're not getting it. Urban is a better coach.

Therefore OSU is being coached better.

Not hard to understand.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without Bethune-Cookman FSU is the only team of the 4 that is above .500. Cannot help if OSU's supposed two best teams they played in Wisky and NW are a combined 10-7 instead of 15-2. You are at the mercy of your opponents. This year FSU's opponents have done a better job at not being completely shit like previous years.

I even said that the Big has not helped OSU.

NW isn't the 2nd best team we have played. Wisky and Iowa. Both those teams IMO could beat Miami. They are easily the most overrated team with one loss. But that is besides the fact, I was just pointing out the record doesn't fully represent the opponents each team plays. Still both have average schedules if that.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last year and it was Jimbo's 3rd year coaching. While most of the kids on the team were their last year, they still have new kids and a new QB. Also, Jimbo got 6 new assistant coaches this year. Show us how they are better coached this year.

Because they have a better coach.

Why can't you all grasp this simple concept?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would bail out too if I was losing an argument.

Previous jobs prove who is the better coach and that proven philosophy is at tOSU and have a bearing on how tOSU is being coached currently.

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting it. Urban is a better coach.

Therefore OSU is being coached better.

Not hard to understand.

This is not true. Just because you have a better HC doesn't mean the team is being coached better. You still have to look at the assistant coaches and the atmosphere overall. Look at Bill Snyder. Damn good coach, but you can't tell me that because he's a better coach that KSU is better coached than OSU or Texas Tech.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have a better coach.

Why can't you all grasp this simple concept?

So you're argument that they are better coached is that they have a better coach? Please see above post.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not true. Just because you have a better HC doesn't mean the team is being coached better. You still have to look at the assistant coaches and the atmosphere overall. Look at Bill Snyder. Damn good coach, but you can't tell me that because he's a better coach that KSU is better coached than OSU or Texas Tech.

Yes it does. Billy Snyder is not a better coach than Urban so your anology doesn't work.