• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS - Really?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... I'm not arguing that FSU is not improved though .... so you have me confused.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... I'm not arguing that FSU is not improved though .... so you have me confused.

You used those statistics to show how OSU was better coached. I countered your assertion with the fact that FSU has better statistics and replaced more TOP people than OSU did this past season. Logically that would mean that the FSU coaching staff is coaching their players better to have better stats than OSU.

In other words statistics do NOT really show how a team is being coached better.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State and Florida State are not playing this year so I can be thrilled with the Buckeyes success and appreciate what Florida State is doing.

My favorite FSU player is FB #41 the devastator

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State and Florida State are not playing this year so I can be thrilled with the Buckeyes success and appreciate what Florida State is doing.

My favorite FSU player is FB #41 the devastator

You like Chad Abram over everyone else on the team? This is his senior year and his ONLY year playing any significant minutes

My personal favorite is DT Timmy Jernigan #8. He takes on double teams all game and consistently beats those double teams. My second has got to be LB Telvin Smith #22.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like Chad Abram over everyone else on the team? This is his senior year and his ONLY year playing any significant minutes

My personal favorite is DT Timmy Jernigan #8. He takes on double teams all game and consistently beats those double teams. My second has got to be LB Telvin Smith #22.

yup
Dude is awesome

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup
Dude is awesome

He has arguably the best hands on the team too. Can catch the ball very well out of the backfield. He did have a good mentor in Lonnie Pryor the last 3 years to help him along.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used those statistics to show how OSU was better coached. I countered your assertion with the fact that FSU has better statistics and replaced more TOP people than OSU did this past season. Logically that would mean that the FSU coaching staff is coaching their players better to have better stats than OSU.

In other words statistics do NOT really show how a team is being coached better.

I never made that claim. I gave you reasons why Ohio State has improved coaching this year, which is exactly what you asked.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never made that claim. I gave you reasons why Ohio State has improved coaching this year, which is exactly what you asked.

No what I asked was WHY do OSU fans think that tOSU is a BETTER COACHED TEAM! You said that those statistics were the reason. But those statistics are not the reason that someone can say that tOSU is coached better than FSU. That was the assertion made by Sox and everyone else, but not 1 person has been able to give a reason as to WHY tOSU is a better coached team.

You tried to use those stats as why they were a better coached team. Maybe I was vague or you did not fully understand my question. Not sure which one.

Go to post 159 and see what you answered to.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason ANYONE could give to that question would be that Urban Meyer is seen as a more proven coach.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason ANYONE could give to that question would be that Urban Meyer is seen as a more proven coach.

THis is exactly the answer. Personal perception of past accomplishments. This is what I was trying to get the other tOSU fans to grasp. Glad we got that cleared up because the assertion made cannot be proven except in a game.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no perception about it ...

He turned Bowling Green into a conference contender ... did the same with Utah plus went undefeated ... won multiple NCs at Florida ... and hasn't lost a single game since coming to Ohio State.

No other coach in the country has won the way Meyer has at every level/program they've coached ... not even Saban. That's not perception ... that's reality.

The past is relevant in this scenario. All coaches are scored by their past and present.

Last edited by a moderator: