• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry to post this, but the Heat badly whiffed on Dame - In large part due to sheer arrogance

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he’s better than white you need to watch more Celtics
I think it depends on a need for a team. I dont think white can seriously be a 3rd scoring option or a 2b scoring option. The Boston role is perfect for him and wouldn't be for herro

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he’s better than white you need to watch more Celtics
Celtics would never do it but you give me no rules, no existing barriers, etc…. I’m picking White to me my 3rd guy to play with Embiid and Maxey.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herro also gotten much better as a team defender. He's never going to be a lockdown guy but he improved quite a bit

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this post. Comparing Herro to Jordan Poole is insulting to Herro. People forget how good this guy can be because of the finals run Miami made without him last year, that’s all.

4th best guard on Celtics roster? Brown, Jrue, and who’s the 3rd? Derrick White? Lol

Derrick White is one of the better defensive guards in the NBA. And he is going to get his in a night without having any plays called for him or have the ball in his hands for a lot of time. The vast majority of teams are going to want that over what Herro brings.

Don't be fooled by Herro's points per night. Herro gets what he gets because he plays on the offensively stunted Miami team. Him putting up 16-20 shots a game is a good thing in Miami. That doesn't happen on most other teams. He would be looking at about 10 shots a game on most teams. And all of a sudden he is a 12 point a night scorer with all the other liabilities that he has in Miami (in fact his defensive shortcomings are likely even more pronounced).

Most teams in the league if they had to choose between on or the other is going to choose White.

It is why Miami didnt miss him much when he was out during the playoffs. Its not hard to find guys to shoot the ball at moderate efficiency.

Herro falls into the class just ahead of Jordan Clarkson or Kelly Oubre. Volume scoring at below average efficiency that doesn't add anything else of real note elsewhere. There are absolutely certain teams that need him. But most dont.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Buckets fan since his days in Chicago. Always have liked his game.
I don’t know how someone could be a sports fan and not respect Jimmy Butler. He just grabs the moment and thrives on pressure. If you ever played sports, Jimmy Butler is the kind of performer you dreamed of being and few actually realize. I’ll always root for that guy (unless it conflicts with Sixers interests of course).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the basketball thing doesn't work out he could start a Billy Idol cover band.

british 80s GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how someone could be a sports fan and not respect Jimmy Butler. He just grabs the moment and thrives on pressure. If you ever played sports, Jimmy Butler is the kind of performer you dreamed of being and few actually realize. I’ll always root for that guy (unless it conflicts with Sixers interests of course).

Jimmy is a bad man.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s a guy who was a Juco nobody and willed himself into a star played

It’s impressive

I dont even dislike the Heat

I respect how they somehow pull rabbits out of their hat

They’re a well run organization that doesn’t tank to make it work

Have turner dumpster diving into an art form

If anything they have that annoying cardinal devil magic for basketball

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick White is one of the better defensive guards in the NBA. And he is going to get his in a night without having any plays called for him or have the ball in his hands for a lot of time. The vast majority of teams are going to want that over what Herro brings.

Don't be fooled by Herro's points per night. Herro gets what he gets because he plays on the offensively stunted Miami team. Him putting up 16-20 shots a game is a good thing in Miami. That doesn't happen on most other teams. He would be looking at about 10 shots a game on most teams. And all of a sudden he is a 12 point a night scorer with all the other liabilities that he has in Miami (in fact his defensive shortcomings are likely even more pronounced).

Most teams in the league if they had to choose between on or the other is going to choose White.

It is why Miami didnt miss him much when he was out during the playoffs. Its not hard to find guys to shoot the ball at moderate efficiency.

Herro falls into the class just ahead of Jordan Clarkson or Kelly Oubre. Volume scoring at below average efficiency that doesn't add anything else of real note elsewhere. There are absolutely certain teams that need him. But most dont.
Do you even know what average efficiency is? You must not think Dame, Mitchell, or Paul George is efficient either. 2 of them is at the same career fg% as herro while Mitchell is 1% higher at 45%

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a guy who was a Juco nobody and willed himself into a star played

It’s impressive

I dont even dislike the Heat

I respect how they somehow pull rabbits out of their hat

They’re a well run organization that doesn’t tank to make it work

Have turner dumpster diving into an art form

If anything they have that annoying cardinal devil magic for basketball
I respect the Heat. I’ll never “like” the Heat. I love Jimmy Butler. For me, it’s a nuisance that he plays for Miami.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And go watch that denver series or the games 4-7 of the boston series and tell me herro wasn't missed. Truth be told once Jimmy play came down a bit after twisting his ankle game 1 vs the knicks, you saw exactly where herro was missed

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know what average efficiency is? You must not think Dame, Mitchell, or Paul George is efficient either. 2 of them is at the same career fg% as herro while Mitchell is 1% higher at 45%
I’m not using the word “efficient” to describe any of those dudes if we’re being honest. Mitchell and Dame have both scored 70+ in a game. Those guys can catch fire and are exceptional scorers. Herro isn’t that guy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not using the word “efficient” to describe any of those dudes if we’re being honest. Mitchell and Dame have both scored 70+ in a game. Those guys can catch fire and are exceptional scorers. Herro isn’t that guy.
I wasn't comparing him to them necessarily. I just think it is dumb to talk about his efficiency when it's up there with some of the best guards/small forwads in basketball who are primarily jump shooters. The 3 i mentioned of all better than him