• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry to post this, but the Heat badly whiffed on Dame - In large part due to sheer arrogance

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey is a shitty defensive player, is he not? That same reasoning you used for White being better than Herro, you may also use it for White being better than Maxey as well.
Maxey is the best offensive player in the trio. And Maxey is still rising. He hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. It’s early but through 7 games he’s been better at that end. Just watch. Maxey is an All Star this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. He must be joking

Then again, he did at one time believe Embiid’s a better player than Jokic. Lol
I’m still standing on that. Jokic is a better passer. Embiid is the all around better basketball player.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still standing on that. Jokic is a better passer. Embiid is the all around better basketball player.
In today's game Jokic is going to help you win more

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's game Jokic is going to help you win more
That’s a fun debate and because that elite passing makes other pieces 20-25% better than what they are it really can exalt a team. For Embiid to seriously compete in this debate now, he has to go and win a championship. Tough ask because as of yet the Sixers haven’t beaten a good team in a playoff series in his entire career.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey is the best offensive player in the trio. And Maxey is still rising. He hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. It’s early but through 7 games he’s been better at that end. Just watch. Maxey is an All Star this year.
Of course Maxey is the best one of the 3, I’m not disagreeing on that.

But White ain’t better than Herro either. This is disrespectful to Tyler. Herro will help a team like the Wizzards win more games as their main guy than White would.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But White ain’t better than Herro either. This is disrespectful to Tyler. Herro will help a team like the Wizzards win more games as their main guy than White would.

More often than not these days losing teams in the NBA dont struggle to score the basketball. They struggle stopping the basketball. Scoring is not that hard to find if you go looking for just that.

Miami last year had the lowest scoring offense in the league. The Wizard were middle of the pack. Even when you start to strip out pace of play and look at efficiency, Miami (in the regular season) last year was a bottom 5 team offensively. The Wizard when you start to factor that in basically come back to the bottom and is just slightly better than Miami.

I think you Miami fans are a little skewed on what Herro is in large part because of just how much he means to your team currently. He wouldn't mean quite as much to most other teams.

The other factor though that has to be figured into this is age. Herro is young. White is not. Herro shouldnt be as good in certain things defensively as White. If Herro sticks in Miami and he plays with Jimmy for the foreseeable future, you can bet by the time he is 29 years old, while he might not be White defensively, he wont be quite as far off as he is currently.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. And if you need to go to the extent of “this guy could win 22 games with dog shit while this other guy could only lead them to 16 wins” what are we even doing here?!?!? Why do I need to respect Tyler Herro again? Derrick White is a damn good player. It’s not disrespectful to tell the truth. The truth is that White > Herro.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. And if you need to go to the extent of “this guy could win 22 games with dog shit while this other guy could only lead them to 16 wins” what are we even doing here?!?!? Why do I need to respect Tyler Herro again? Derrick White is a damn good player. It’s not disrespectful to tell the truth. The truth is that White > Herro.
Depends on team. Herro is a better fit on certain teams and white is a better fit on others. Can't sit here and tell me white is a better fit on all 30 teams than Herro. White is a perfect role player for sure but he is a terrible #2 or #3 on most teams so depends on fit

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on team. Herro is a better fit on certain teams and white is a better fit on others. Can't sit here and tell me white is a better fit on all 30 teams than Herro.
I conceded that yesterday. At the same time, I feel like this goes 20/10 or 18/12 White over Herro.
White is a perfect role player for sure but he is a terrible #2 or #3 on most teams so depends on fit
He didn’t shoot a high percentage last night but he was the 2nd best player on the floor for the Celtics last night and kept them in the game when the Jays were having an off night. He was a big time factor at both ends.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, White > Maxey

It’s not disrespectful to tell the truth.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked back at what the spurs got for white....yea boston won that trade going away

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on team. Herro is a better fit on certain teams and white is a better fit on others. Can't sit here and tell me white is a better fit on all 30 teams than Herro. White is a perfect role player for sure but he is a terrible #2 or #3 on most teams so depends on fit
Yup, on a team like the Celtics, White is a better fit than both Herro and Maxey.

On a team as the 2nd option, both Maxey and Herro would be better fits.