• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting uglier by the second. Really looking like Penn State part 2.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a Michigan/Michigan State argument and the fans, alumni, athletes, etc. at MSU had nothing to do with what happened.

This is simply about the administration turning a blind eye to reports and complaints regarding Nassar and the higher ups continuing to give Nassar a platform for 20+ years to ****** unsuspecting girls.

If you read up on the topic — other than Tom Izzo and the board of trustees at MSU — the overwhelming majority of MSU faithful are sickened by the actions of the school and want to see them held completely accountable.

Yes. My post was a poke in @MAIZEandBLUE09's ribs. No troll, just :boink:.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read you. How hasn't the University legal council effectively gagged everyone?

No. You should hear the shit MSU is saying...they're basically blowing it off.

"There's a lot more going on here than the Nassar stuff...have you seen the Breslin Center? Our fund raising is doing great!"

then they mocked the NCAA "...haha they're too smart to investigate us..."

:L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is aware of the Larry Nassar case at this point, but the response from the Michigan State leadership, and athletic department, has been insane.

And just this morning it's being reported that the NCAA is now going to look into the MSU athletic department's handling of the case and the failures of their administration (the same thing they did to PSU football in light of the Sandusky case).
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...8/01/23/joel-ferguson-larry-nassar/109738386/

And while the MSU administration has been saying just outright bonkers things, the MSU fan base, alumni and faculty seem to want the Administration to be held accountable (good on them).

I'm not sure what board this belongs on because it spans a number of different things. But with the NCAA case now up, it could seriously impact the entire MSU athletic department.
I need a little educating on this situation. Why in the hell is/was MSU the training provider for the US Women's Olympic Gymnastics Team? Did this dude specialize in women's gymnastics training at MSU? Why doesn't the USOC have their own trainers?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the board at MSU gets their head out of their asses and wipe out anyone at the top employed during this atrocity.
I think this will happen at some point. The slowness to act these situations is always perplexing. Penn State was slow. Baylor was slow. It looks like Michigan State will be slow.

Maybe snail like is more accurate than slow.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will happen at some point. The slowness to act these situations is always perplexing. Penn State was slow. Baylor was slow. It looks like Michigan State will be slow.

They are slow because they know/knew what was going on.

The End.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are slow because they don’t want to add fire to enormous amount of litigation cases they will be dealing with. If they start chopping off the heads of the people who turned a blind eye to this — they will be admitting responsibility.

It is a damn shame, but it is the truth. They are trying nothing more than to minimize the damage that is coming their way.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a little educating on this situation. Why in the hell is/was MSU the training provider for the US Women's Olympic Gymnastics Team? Did this dude specialize in women's gymnastics training at MSU? Why doesn't the USOC have their own trainers?
He was doing both, I'm not sure how that all lined up. I suspect the Olympic thing was more part time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are slow because they don’t want to add fire to enormous amount of litigation cases they will be dealing with. If they start chopping off the heads of the people who turned a blind eye to this — they will be admitting responsibility.

It is a damn shame, but it is the truth. They are trying nothing more than to minimize the damage that is coming their way.
Agreed. I have always been a chop heads first, ask questions later and this whole thing is sickening on MSU’s part. Again, this dragging their feet and worry of lawsuits is almost worse than what Nassar did. Nassar has something wrong in his head telling him it is ok. No excuses for the MSU administration.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I have always been a chop heads first, ask questions later and this whole thing is sickening on MSU’s part. Again, this dragging their feet and worry of lawsuits is almost worse than what Nassar did. Nassar has something wrong in his head telling him it is ok. No excuses for the MSU administration.
Can you explain the relationship with MSU and the USOC Women's Gymnastics?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you explain the relationship with MSU and the USOC Women's Gymnastics?
I don’t understand that at all. The USOC facility was in Texas so it doesn’t make sense to me to employ somebody from Michigan especially since it’s not like the MSU gymnastics team was putting out a bunch of olympians.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said it in another thread but the president should step down, she should be arrested and thrown in jail for a long time. Any member of the university or doctor that were told about this and did nothing, need to be arrested. I welcome the investigation because there needs to be a cleaning of the house of all the disgusting individuals who allowed this to happen for two decades.

What about MSU's presidents, athletic directors, and others who were complicit over the last 20 years?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand that at all. The USOC facility was in Texas so it doesn’t make sense to me to employ somebody from Michigan especially since it’s not like the MSU gymnastics team was putting out a bunch of olympians.

He got his medical degree from Michigan State — that’s how they tie together.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about MSU's presidents, athletic directors, and others who were complicit over the last 20 years?
Well it’s only been one president since this has begun so yeah, ship her to Jackson prison. I think Mark Hollis has done some great things for not only Michigan State but for college and professional sports, but if anyone came to him and told him what was going on and he did nothing, send him to prison. If one of these women somehow, someway got in front of Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo, told them their story, and they didn’t go to the proper authorities, fire them, and send them to Jackson prison. This is not acceptable and everyone in the know should be fired and prosecuted. I don’t care who you are, this is absolutely disgusting and disgraceful.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To repeat, I'm just reading more articles now that the monster was sentenced to life -- WHY would MSU keep up the bad publicity? Every article and major news site is trashing them right now. Twitter is trashing them right now.Just why?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Karolyi Ranch outside Houston.

Nassar worked with the USOC women’s Gymnastic team before he started at MSU.

Was he considered some kind of expert in gymnastics injuries/treatments or something? Still don't understand why/how he was doing both.

Last edited: