• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something interesting I heard

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's actually got a super friendly deal too IMO.. 5.625 hit, signed for next year as well.

i would definitely consider this one.. not sure what i'd want to give up though :noidea:

i think they need scoring back.. or at least a setup guy for stamkos.. i bet they'd ask for voracek

That's what I'm thinking - they'd probably ask for Jake - basically, if they were to do that deal, they're basically saying they can win it all in the next year or two - I love Marty but I'd rather have Jake for a longer period of time

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...unless they're thinking that guy will be Drouin next year.

mm i forgot about drouin.. hm, 84 points in 39 games so far this season for halifax.. i guess that qualifies as decent? :lol:

That's what I'm thinking - they'd probably ask for Jake - basically, if they were to do that deal, they're basically saying they can win it all in the next year or two - I love Marty but I'd rather have Jake for a longer period of time

ya, super tempting because i'd love to have st louis too, but i think i'd want to hang on to jake as well

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, super tempting because i'd love to have st louis too, but i think i'd want to hang on to jake as well

It just doesn't make any sense for Tampa - they're right in the thick of the playoff race and they have a chance to do a lot this season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's actually got a super friendly deal too IMO.. 5.625 hit, signed for next year as well.

i would definitely consider this one.. not sure what i'd want to give up though :noidea:

i think they need scoring back.. or at least a setup guy for stamkos.. i bet they'd ask for voracek

His offense would be great for us but he is 38 years old.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone poster proposed a trade of the Schenn brothers to Vancouver for Edler and Kesler. I found this interesting.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone poster proposed a trade of the Schenn brothers to Vancouver for Edler and Kesler. I found this interesting.

i'd do it in a heartbeat. and i like both of the schenns.

both signed a 5 mil for 2 (kesler) and a bunch of years (edler).. fairly young.. better players than both the schenns right now. i'll take them to the airport.

no way vancouver would do this though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that the team is getting better because it is due to lasgop changing his avatar with the lovely lady with black shortie shorts. She is 4-1 on the year!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that the team is getting better because it is due to lasgop changing his avatar with the lovely lady with black shortie shorts. She is 4-1 on the year!!

Hahhahahahahah i wish i had that power we'd all be celebrating 4 cups in a row.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

both signed a 5 mil for 2 (kesler) and a bunch of years (edler).. fairly young.. better players than both the schenns right now. i'll take them to the airport.

Maybe we should sweeten the pot for those two with say a draft choice or maybe a guy like Mcginn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should sweeten the pot for those two with say a draft choice or maybe a guy like Mcginn.

i'd be ok with that. it'd probably have to be a draft choice though, i think mcginn is more valuable to the flyers than he would be to any other team. i dont think anyone expects him to really hold down an NHL spot, but he's been a great guy in callup situations for the flyers

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't do it - I think Kesler is declining and he's had too many injuries and the Flyers don't have a major need up the middle at center - Brayden Schenn will keep on developing, so will Couts and Scott Laughton - I do like Edler a lot and maybe the Flyers could move Scott Laughton or someone like that for Edler, if the Canucks want to start rebuilding or at least re-tooling

Also I think Kesler is combustible and the fact they stripped the "A" from him in Vancouver tells me that they don't think he's a part of their future - Henrik Sedin got the "C" over him because Henrik is a better leader than Kesler - I'm not a big Kesler fan, just my honest opinion

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing i'd do would be to look to replace downie on the 3rd line. wouldn't mind seeing him benched, wouldn't mind seeing raffl take his place on the third line, but i dont want rosehill to play either.. so a capable fourth line guy would be good. calling up mcginn would be fine too really, though i kinda like him playing top line minutes for the phantoms and developing as more of a top 6 guy. i believe he had 4 goals over the weekend for them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Vinnie scored the game winner and has been playing OK as of late i wouldnt mind getting something for him. He is lost out there and doesnt have any jump in his step at wing plus 4 years is a long time for his contract

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing i'd do would be to look to replace downie on the 3rd line. wouldn't mind seeing him benched, wouldn't mind seeing raffl take his place on the third line, but i dont want rosehill to play either.. so a capable fourth line guy would be good. calling up mcginn would be fine too really, though i kinda like him playing top line minutes for the phantoms and developing as more of a top 6 guy. i believe he had 4 goals over the weekend for them.

Do you really think Tye McGinn can be a top six guy? I'm not sure about that, I think he can be a third liner for sure but I don't know if he's a top six guy

I'm through with Steve Downie, only reason why lately I really didn't want him moved was because that third line had chemistry but at this point, his stupid penalties are outweighing the chemistry that he has had on that third line

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Tye McGinn can be a top six guy? I'm not sure about that, I think he can be a third liner for sure but I don't know if he's a top six guy
I'm through with Steve Downie, only reason why lately I really didn't want him moved was because that third line had chemistry but at this point, his stupid penalties are outweighing the chemistry that he has had on that third line

i don't really. i agree w/ you, probably a 3rd line guy tops. i just think i'd rather have him playing top 6 minutes in adirondack, than 4th line minutes with the flyers. give him every opportunity to be develop in to a top 9 type guy, rather than pigeon hole him in a 4th line role.

i was reading the comments on meltzer's blog i think it was, suggesting we pick up a guy like malhotra to fill out the 4th line if you move raffl up and downie out. i'd be good w/ something like that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't really. i agree w/ you, probably a 3rd line guy tops. i just think i'd rather have him playing top 6 minutes in adirondack, than 4th line minutes with the flyers. give him every opportunity to be develop in to a top 9 type guy, rather than pigeon hole him in a 4th line role.

i was reading the comments on meltzer's blog i think it was, suggesting we pick up a guy like malhotra to fill out the 4th line if you move raffl up and downie out. i'd be good w/ something like that.

Yeah I'd be fine with getting a guy that can play some 3rd/4th line minutes - Manny Malhotra would be a great move - maybe someone like Marcel Goc too(although he's making like 1.7 million this season, not sure if the room is there for his contract)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mathison put out there that he is hearing B Schenn and Morin for Kesler.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mathison put out there that he is hearing B Schenn and Morin for Kesler.

Is that his opinion or something that is actually being talked about?