• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something interesting I heard

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a friend of mine works for the Flyers organization scouting juniors, however last wee he was pulled from his current assignment to take in 2 Leafs games, at the same time 2 other scouts from his level were pulled in to take in 2 Kings games. Now at the time he didn't think must of it and chalked it up to some sort of on the job training. However this wee there has apparently been lots of inter office talk about a possible 3 way deal going down in the near future that would have some serious names involved.

Flyers- Lecavilier, Coburn, Hartnell, Read, Emery, Grossmann & Laughton (according to him G, the Schenns, Cooter, Vorachek & Simmonds are non-starters withe the current quality of offers).
Leafs- JVR, Kadri, Franson, Gardiner & Gunnarrson.
Kiings- Richards, Brown, Stoll & numerous prospects + their 1st round this year.

Now I have absolutely no idea how to think of all this, but I felt it was interesting enough to pass along and see if anyone could make heads or tails of it. I should also point out last week that Dredger tweeted that the Flyers were having "serious" talks with the Kings and Leafs.

Now I know my idea of a good trade would piss a few people, but I'd love to see Richie back here. I could maybe imagine something like...

Leafs get Lecavilier, Grossman, the Kings first and a prospect
Kings get Kadri, Gunnarson and Emery
Flyers get Richards, Franson & Martin Jones (kings backup)

I tied to base this off of the teams preceived needs (and that fact that I don't think as of now we shoudl be straight up buyers) maybe a few other pieces thrown in, I have a feeling that we're unfortunately going to see a semi-blockbuster before they can remove Homer from office anyway, I just hope it's not a complete trash trade.

I dunno like I said just something I found interesting and figured passing on couldn't hurt.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a friend of mine works for the Flyers organization scouting juniors, however last wee he was pulled from his current assignment to take in 2 Leafs games, at the same time 2 other scouts from his level were pulled in to take in 2 Kings games. Now at the time he didn't think must of it and chalked it up to some sort of on the job training. However this wee there has apparently been lots of inter office talk about a possible 3 way deal going down in the near future that would have some serious names involved.

Flyers- Lecavilier, Coburn, Hartnell, Read, Emery, Grossmann & Laughton (according to him G, the Schenns, Cooter, Vorachek & Simmonds are non-starters withe the current quality of offers).
Leafs- JVR, Kadri, Franson, Gardiner & Gunnarrson.
Kiings- Richards, Brown, Stoll & numerous prospects + their 1st round this year.

Now I have absolutely no idea how to think of all this, but I felt it was interesting enough to pass along and see if anyone could make heads or tails of it. I should also point out last week that Dredger tweeted that the Flyers were having "serious" talks with the Kings and Leafs.

Now I know my idea of a good trade would piss a few people, but I'd love to see Richie back here. I could maybe imagine something like...

Leafs get Lecavilier, Grossman, the Kings first and a prospect
Kings get Kadri, Gunnarson and Emery
Flyers get Richards, Franson & Martin Jones (kings backup)

I tied to base this off of the teams preceived needs (and that fact that I don't think as of now we shoudl be straight up buyers) maybe a few other pieces thrown in, I have a feeling that we're unfortunately going to see a semi-blockbuster before they can remove Homer from office anyway, I just hope it's not a complete trash trade.

I dunno like I said just something I found interesting and figured passing on couldn't hurt.

very interesting indeed.. thanks for sharing.. also pretty believable, the leafs and kings seem to be 2 of the flyers favorite trade partners too

as for your proposed trade, i think the leafs are making out like bandits in that deal.. lose kadri, gunnarson, and franson, get lecavalier, grossmann, a 1st, and a prospect.. lecavalier = kadri, grossmann > gunnarsson, 1st+prospect > franson.. at least IMO

flyers perspective.. lose emery, grossmann, lecavalier.. get richards, franson, jones.. probably a slants a little towards the flyers, but not terribly so.. i dont particularly like richards, i think he's a 3rd line center. franson would be a good get, and jones has some pretty serious promise in net.. grossmann is really the only one leaving that hurts at all, but franson > grossmann.. so i'm good w/ it

kings perspective.. lose richards, jones, 1st.. get kadri, gunnarson, emery.. i think they lose a little here.. i think kadri > richards in terms of offensive potential, which is probably what they're looking for.. jones for emery probably even as far as talent goes, but emery probably won't ever be a starter again, jones has the potential for more than that.. but then you have a 1st for gunnarson and i think that's where they lose significantly

actually.. the more i think about that, the more even it seems to me across the board.. that being said..

1. i think that's too big for a 3 team deal. they typically don't have that quantity or that much quality in them. it's normally more along the lines of 1 for 1 for draft picks type deal. at least normally. but you never know.

2. i wouldn't do that if i were the flyers, just because i dont think richards gives them much value. where does he play if you bring him in? not the first line obviously.. i like schenn and coots as 2C and 3C.. do you move richards to wing? i dont mind the grossmann for franson portion.. i think that improves the flyers puck movement and mobility a little on defense, which is desperately needed. emery for jones really doesn't mean a ton to me. jones has potential, emery is a solid backup.. either way you're talking about a backup goalie

3. i dont think there's any way the flyers try to bring richards back. outside of acquiring crosby or ovechkin, richards and carter are probably the least likely to play for the flyers. i don't think management wants anything to do with them

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if a 3-way deal is in the works the flyers are looking for gardiner

maybe..

Flyers get: Gardiner
Leafs get: Carter
Kings get: Laughton, Lupul, Leafs 2nd

edit: i've edited it a few times, i'm not real comfortable w/ the values in this deal haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think any of that is going to happen - not a deal that big

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we land vanek now that he turned down the Isles deal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we land vanek now that he turned down the Isles deal.

flyers don't have the money for vanek.. they'd have to move a pretty sizable contract in the deal

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of this as something around getting Mike Richards to Toronto. Toronto (Well Burke anyway) offered Kadri and Kulemin for Richards when we traded him. He'd instantly be their best center they've had in quite some time.

I honestly think I'd rather see Richards as a Penguin. Seeing a hard nosed Ontario boy like Richards go home and be labeled as the next Sundin or something along those lines would be brutal.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if a 3-way deal is in the works the flyers are looking for gardiner

maybe..

Flyers get: Gardiner
Leafs get: Carter
Kings get: Laughton, Lupul, Leafs 2nd

edit: i've edited it a few times, i'm not real comfortable w/ the values in this deal haha

Kings are not trading one of their top scorers and they're really, they're not going to trade their leading assist man(Mike Richards) either - if the Kings are making a move and someone's leaving, it's a winger in a package deal - the Kings would lose depth up the middle by making a deal like that

I don't know where people are getting these sources from and I don't want to bash them but people have to be realistic about this stuff

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are not trading one of their top scorers and they're really, they're not going to trade their leading assist man(Mike Richards) either - if the Kings are making a move and someone's leaving, it's a winger in a package deal - the Kings would lose depth up the middle by making a deal like that

I don't know where people are getting these sources from and I don't want to bash them but people have to be realistic about this stuff

ya like i said, wasn't really comfortable with it haha.. the only thing i'm pretty confident in, is if these 3 teams were to partake in a 3 team trade, the flyers would be after gardiner.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said my buddy scounts juniors for the Flyers and this has been pretty common water colloer talk for w awhile now, hell maybe we ciuk maje the firdt timr,

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see brown being moved as he's struggling with Philly being a likely place. Leafs have dmen so maybe that's where they fit in maybe Franson or Gardiner end up here. So what goes back? Have to be Vinny to TO as they desperately want a center and LA would want some goals back maybe Read possibly Harts if he'd go? Obviously some minor players or picks would be tossed in there. Maybe Mez in there with a forward coming back or prospect. I could see it as Philly wants a winger and upgrade on D would solve both areas...

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i swear if Vinny gets traded i'm going to lose it. that being said if he does get traded, you guys should buy my next jersey of you who want to get traded, because it is ridiculous haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i swear if Vinny gets traded i'm going to lose it. that being said if he does get traded, you guys should buy my next jersey of you who want to get traded, because it is ridiculous haha

haha i dont think they'll trade vinny.. not this quickly after signing him.. plus his contract is kinda scary considering his lack of production so far thsi year

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the same boat...last 3 jersey purchases...Richards, JVR, Vinnie...ugh

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got G i think 4 years ago.. and i had a gagne from his rookie season, maybe 2nd season.. it was a kids jersey though, i was a little tyke back then

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first jersey was Mike Richards(5 years ago), Chris Pronger(WC Jersey in Boston) and Claude Giroux(I won it on an icejerseys.com twitter thing about three years ago)