• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone on Reddit says they have "a Pats story bigger than Edelman" coming

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understanding the “unrecognized substance” quirk in Julian Edelman’s positive PED test

At first blush, the report that Patriots receiver Julian Edelman‘s positive PED test was “triggered by a substance that wasn’t immediately recognizable” created an opening for thinking that the NFL has yet to conclude that Edelman took a banned substance, and that the NFL ultimately may conclude that he didn’t. Closer inspection of the PED policy paints a different picture.

There’s no provision in the PED policy that transforms a “substance that wasn’t immediately recognizable” into a positive result. Instead, a four-game suspension arises from a positive test for an anabolic agent that comes from the laundry list of 71 specific substances or that falls within the potentially broad catch-all of “other substances with a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s).”

That’s the more likely (and likely more accurate) description of the situation. It’s not that Edelman’s urine sample showed the presence of some substance that medical science is incapable of identifying; it’s that the sample had a substance with “a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s)” as one of the 71 specific anabolic agents listed in the PED policy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well employers can use their own judgment about something they feel is a issue with a employee. People keep thinking it's a court room. Common sense says coming across a substance they can't identify is a red flag that some thing isn't right. Got to be something made in a lab for a pacific purpose I would guess and it's not hard to conclude the purpose is to mask PEDS.
Freudian slip? lol

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well employers can use their own judgment about something they feel is a issue with a employee. People keep thinking it's a court room. Common sense says coming across a substance they can't identify is a red flag that some thing isn't right. Got to be something made in a lab for a specific purpose I would guess and it's not hard to conclude the purpose is to mask PEDS.

Not sure the " We think you are high so we are sending you home" thing works here. If the substance is indeed an unknown they cannot know if it's performance enhancing, and the policy specifically state performance enhancing.

I have to say my favorite part is the "unknown substance". We don't know what you took or if it gives you an unfair advantage or not, but we are suspending you anyway. Because Goodell...
Sort of where I am at too, until it's identified I think Edelman has a leg to stand on. ( Pun Intended )

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understanding the “unrecognized substance” quirk in Julian Edelman’s positive PED test

At first blush, the report that Patriots receiver Julian Edelman‘s positive PED test was “triggered by a substance that wasn’t immediately recognizable” created an opening for thinking that the NFL has yet to conclude that Edelman took a banned substance, and that the NFL ultimately may conclude that he didn’t. Closer inspection of the PED policy paints a different picture.

There’s no provision in the PED policy that transforms a “substance that wasn’t immediately recognizable” into a positive result. Instead, a four-game suspension arises from a positive test for an anabolic agent that comes from the laundry list of 71 specific substances or that falls within the potentially broad catch-all of “other substances with a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s).”

That’s the more likely (and likely more accurate) description of the situation. It’s not that Edelman’s urine sample showed the presence of some substance that medical science is incapable of identifying; it’s that the sample had a substance with “a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s)” as one of the 71 specific anabolic agents listed in the PED policy.
So similar is enough to suspend the guy? Now the question becomes who prescribed the stuff?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So similar is enough to suspend the guy? Now the question becomes who prescribed the stuff?
tom-brady-wierd-wes-welker-reaction-press-conference.gif

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet guererro
My train of thought exactly, which is why BB holds disdain for this dude. Players should no full well to only take meds from team doctors, this decreases any risks.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

The actor playing the reporter is a great actor. He has played a multitude of roles over the years.
"Ok, Buddy Buddy. We are back in business on Bluestar."

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Oprah, that giant fat lezzy from TV, had a sit down talk and Brady came out of the closet as Dolphins fan

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the big story is Brady saying he's retiring sooner rather than later.