• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone on Reddit says they have "a Pats story bigger than Edelman" coming

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the breaking news?

Does Giselle have a vagina?

You saw that video with Thommy and his "son".

If anything, Giselle has a lowhang.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, now I'm confused, so Edelman was or was not cheating???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too is where I am confused, but he did test positive the fact he was on IR at the time matters not I think. What the catch for me is, if the league cannot identify the drug in question how do they know it's a PED or is on the list of banned substances?

Then again how much of the linked article can we put any trust into?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he cheated or not? But it wouldn't be the first time someone from NE was falsely accused.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he cheated or not? But it wouldn't be the first time someone from NE was falsely accused.

If he tested positive and if the league determines its a substance on the banned list, then he cheated! It does not matter that he was on IR he still took a PED which allowed him to heal faster and build strength. IMO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he tested positive and if the league determines its a substance on the banned list, then he cheated! It does not matter that he was on IR he still took a PED which allowed him to heal faster and build strength. IMO

I'm not disagreeing.

Just strange how the NFL suspended him, yet they don't know what for? It may be a stimulant for all we know similar to SeAdderal. Not illegal during the off season from what I've read? Or it could be a PED that wasn't on the banned list? So if it wasn't on the band list was it illegal? I stole that from my Steeler friends who like to claim steroids were legal in the 70s because the NFL didn't ban them.

Then again he likely took something, tried to use a masking agent and that's what's throwing the test off. :noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the NFL ever before come across a substance they couldn’t identify?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing.

Just strange how the NFL suspended him, yet they don't know what for? It may be a stimulant for all we know similar to SeAdderal. Not illegal during the off season from what I've read? Or it could be a PED that wasn't on the banned list? So if it wasn't on the band list was it illegal? I stole that from my Steeler friends who like to claim steroids were legal in the 70s because the NFL didn't ban them.

Then again he likely took something, tried to use a masking agent and that's what's throwing the test off. :noidea:
Exactly how could they administer a suspension if the substance was an unknown?

Has the NFL ever before come across a substance they couldn’t identify?

Likely not, but if it's true that this is not yet identified how can the issues the suspension?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From redditlover1981 from, duh, reddit

There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say "I’ve got bad news about the patriots", I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought "oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct", and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys…

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is…national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused.
no

shit

i wonder if hes Q too

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely not, but if it's true that this is not yet identified how can the issues the suspension?

Well employers can use their own judgment about something they feel is a issue with a employee. People keep thinking it's a court room. Common sense says coming across a substance they can't identify is a red flag that some thing isn't right. Got to be something made in a lab for a specific purpose I would guess and it's not hard to conclude the purpose is to mask PEDS.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too is where I am confused, but he did test positive the fact he was on IR at the time matters not I think. What the catch for me is, if the league cannot identify the drug in question how do they know it's a PED or is on the list of banned substances?

Then again how much of the linked article can we put any trust into?
I have to say my favorite part is the "unknown substance". We don't know what you took or if it gives you an unfair advantage or not, but we are suspending you anyway. Because Goodell...