• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, when will you Iowa fans give KF credit?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some of you (not all), all that you have talked about was how awful this coaching staff is. They'll be lucky to win 4 games. They'll be lucky to go bowling. Lucky if Iowa doesn't lose any closer than 40-14 as Pitt will run all over them. Why would they even consider Rudock over Beathard? Sunshine didn't get enough snaps vs Indiana.

I have supported KF through it all. Even if I would be crucified by Iowa fans, I still said I like him. I will still support him. So, for those of you who I described above, what does he have to do to make you satisfied? Because right now, I'm thinking they could win the NCG and you guys still complain about how bad he is.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-1 to your predictive credibility if you think we can win the NCG. Maybe you were being fecetious. Honestly if we play like today going forward then we can win out and win the legends. I doubt we beat the leaders champ in the btc (namely mich state). The QB controversy have given us the spark needed for a game like this. Will that continue? With Kirk craving consistency the way he does, he must hate the two QB stuff. He will have the hawks playing with one hand tied behind their backs again sooner rather than later. Hope I'm wrong.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down there big fella. We haven't beaten anyone even remotely good just yet before we start handing out Coach of the Year Awards to Ferentz. Let's review our big wins this year:

8 point win over FCS UNI
4 point win over 1-5 Ball State
LOSS to 2-4 ISU
4 point win over 3-3 Pitt (who has lost 3 in a row)
16 point win over 3-3 Indiana who played a true Frosh at QB for half the game, a kid who was clearly completely lost and didn't even know which direction to run or throw.

With our soft schedule this year I actually think we could win all remaining games. But this is Kirk and we know he likes to take a dump vs. the Northwesterns of the world every year. That is, on top of losing to ISU annually.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerms, I've always been a KF supporter until this year. He is the only human being that doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes. On the CFB board rmilla showed a pretty funny stat that describes KFs style of coaching to a tee. Since 2009 Iowa is 13-11 when heading into the 4th quarter trailing by 7 or less and when Iowa heads into the 4th quarter with a lead of 7 or less they are 7-10. What does that tell you? My problem with KF is that he refuses to realize the constant change in college football and he continues to do the same thing over and over. You're going to get left behind with that mentality. We see the same shit year in and year out and now all the KF supporters are coming out saying "I told you so" after beating an Indiana team who has a horrible defense. KF was up to his same antics in the second half and we scored seven points....SEVEN! I'm amazed at the amount of Iowa fans just pleased with mediocrity. You go over to BHGP site and all those clowns are sucking each other off because we scored 38 points in a half one time against Indiana. I find it funny that KF can draw up one half of a football game where we actually look somewhat competent and all the KF supporters come out and say "I told you so". I don't think Iowa ever has a chance to be a member of the 4 team playoff while KF is there because he refuses to adapt. Hell, he refuses to use social media to his advantage for recruiting!!! Hayden Fry is light years beyond what KF ever will be and we need that type of personality in Iowa City if we ever want to see Iowa ranked #1 again.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always stated that to qualify as a great coach KF needs 9 wins a year...that is my standard for any coach in football, basketball is getting to the NCAA...that is the least we should expect for a school that has the upgraded facilities we have and the money we spend on salaries. We are in the Big 10, we should not lose to a MAC school nor to Iowa State, those are just plain facts.

Let's take a look at Mississippi State...the one key thing all the announcers kept saying yesterday was that this was a team of 2 and 3 star athletes that were coached well and achieving their potential. Sound familiar? Those are the same words used to describe Iowa when we finished in the top ten for a few years in the last decade. That set the standard, sorry but it did.

If our current coaching staff can't keep to the standard, then adios, bring in someone who will. Sure it may take a few years but this isn't the NFL where you have free agency and have to rebuild. Take it or leave it, but just like at my job when I prove I can handle the work, that is now my standard, I don't get to regress, I must maintain and strive for more or they will show me the way out. That is life.

I support the University of Iowa and their teams, I feel we should have standards that must be met. Losing to Iowa State is one of them, should happen only 5% of the time, not 65%. They are one of the worst football programs in the country in a power 5 conference. KF gets paid more in his contract than all of us combined in our lifetimes...with that responsibility and salary comes pressure to put the product on the field. When you don't do that, the buck stops there and questions need to be answered. I support KF if he is improving this team and getting to 9 wins...that is my standard for him and that is what each and every Hawkeye fan should hold him to.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said after Iowa lost to ISU and before Iowa played Pitt that I can see a 10-win season. I said it in the Ferentz and crew sucks balls thread that I still see Iowa winning 10 games. I went through on how I thought Iowa would do against each opponent after ISU. I never once doubted 10 wins and I still don't.

Will Iowa make it to the NCG tournament? That wasn't the point I was making. I was making the point that you guys still wouldn't be happy even if he wins it. You would say, "He has only won 1 in his 16 year career." If Iowa gets 10 wins, they will go to, at least, the Outback Bowl. If B1G gets a team in the tournament, then I would say at least the Capitol One Bowl. Iowa has a good fan following and they won't pass on Iowa for a team like Minnesota unless Minnesota has a better record. It's not HOW Iowa wins against who, but IF Iowa wins.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see the same shit year in and year out and now all the KF supporters are coming out saying "I told you so" after beating an Indiana team who has a horrible defense.

I'm not coming out all of a sudden. I've been sticking up for him all season long, even after they lost to Iowa State and been saying this after Iowa State.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not coming out all of a sudden. I've been sticking up for him all season long, even after they lost to Iowa State and been saying this after Iowa State.

Well one game doesn't prove anything to me. I support the team but I don't support the boneheaded decisions this incompetent staff makes on a weekly basis. And for the record you wouldn't see me bitching if we won or even got to the playoff (which won't happen this year). It's hard to be positive with the coaching staff when it doesn't seem to phase them when they lose to Iowa State. Is it too hard to understand that we have far greater talent than a team like ISU but have lost to them more times than not under the Ferentz regime? That's because they get out coached Jerms. Iowa should be able to have their worst game and still beat ISU. The majority of us were pissed that we once again sat on the ball and ended losing to another inferior team. Maybe the rest of us need to listen to Tony Robbins motivational videos like you do in order to block out all of the stupid shit this KF led staff has done over the years. I was at wits end with KF in the 2012 season but thought I'd give him another chance to win me back in 2013. What dumbass would continue to play JVB when the season is already in the shitter? The answer is KF. He should have been putting Rudock in there after about game 8 just to give him some reps but he didn't because he fears change. Just like it scares him shitless to have faith in CJB this year. I'm sorry but if it weren't for CJB this team would be 4-2. He dances around questions all week with regards to the QB situation. He gives CJB one shot in the first half and he goes 3 and out then yanks him where Jake went three and out the first series too.

I'm glad we won. I don't really care who the QB is as long as the QB that's playing gets the job done and Jake did yesterday. I'm sick and tired of the same shit week in and week out. It took this staff 6 weeks to finally start getting the ball in the hands of their playmakers. 6 fucking weeks!!! That's piss poor coaching Jerms and you know it too. I'm just glad it only took six weeks and not 12 so we can have the opportunity to have a good season. We will see what happens next week. This Maryland game will be the true test to see where this team is at. If we lose I say we are a 7-5, 8-4 at best team. If we win I think we have an opportunity to represent the West in the CCG. Hopefully KF will continue to move this team in a positive direction but I'm not as confident I. Him as you are.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one game doesn't prove anything to me. I support the team but I don't support the boneheaded decisions this incompetent staff makes on a weekly basis. And for the record you wouldn't see me bitching if we won or even got to the playoff (which won't happen this year). It's hard to be positive with the coaching staff when it doesn't seem to phase them when they lose to Iowa State. Is it too hard to understand that we have far greater talent than a team like ISU but have lost to them more times than not under the Ferentz regime? That's because they get out coached Jerms. Iowa should be able to have their worst game and still beat ISU. The majority of us were pissed that we once again sat on the ball and ended losing to another inferior team. Maybe the rest of us need to listen to Tony Robbins motivational videos like you do in order to block out all of the stupid shit this KF led staff has done over the years. I was at wits end with KF in the 2012 season but thought I'd give him another chance to win me back in 2013. What dumbass would continue to play JVB when the season is already in the shitter? The answer is KF. He should have been putting Rudock in there after about game 8 just to give him some reps but he didn't because he fears change. Just like it scares him shitless to have faith in CJB this year. I'm sorry but if it weren't for CJB this team would be 4-2. He dances around questions all week with regards to the QB situation. He gives CJB one shot in the first half and he goes 3 and out then yanks him where Jake went three and out the first series too.

I'm glad we won. I don't really care who the QB is as long as the QB that's playing gets the job done and Jake did yesterday. I'm sick and tired of the same shit week in and week out. It took this staff 6 weeks to finally start getting the ball in the hands of their playmakers. 6 fucking weeks!!! That's piss poor coaching Jerms and you know it too. I'm just glad it only took six weeks and not 12 so we can have the opportunity to have a good season. We will see what happens next week. This Maryland game will be the true test to see where this team is at. If we lose I say we are a 7-5, 8-4 at best team. If we win I think we have an opportunity to represent the West in the CCG. Hopefully KF will continue to move this team in a positive direction but I'm not as confident I. Him as you are.

I do have things I don't like about KF as coach. I agree with you that Rudock should have been put in for the snaps behind JVB. I don't think he should have started, but he should have gotten significant snaps for a backup. I hate how so many times he kneels it before the half when there is plenty of time for a score, and end up losing by 1-3 points.

But I will put a lot of blame on players over coaches. How many big pass plays for TD were dropped that were perfect passes. If the WR's caught half of those passes, then Iowa would look completely different. Those are great calls by coaches but Iowa's WRs didn't execute.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Jerms. I just want to get thru the first four games undefeated and it seems like that never happens with us. I can remember one time and that was 2009 and look where that took us, that was a fun year. KF's teams are notoriously slow starters and improve throughout the year. I would love for him to make a concerted effort to change that around and you would see a lot of 2009-like seasons for us.

When I say 2009 I mean in the KF era and I didn't go and look at the records. I just know in 02 we lost to ISU and the next year we lost early too I think

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Jerms. I just want to get thru the first four games undefeated and it seems like that never happens with us. I can remember one time and that was 2009 and look where that took us, that was a fun year. KF's teams are notoriously slow starters and improve throughout the year. I would love for him to make a concerted effort to change that around and you would see a lot of 2009-like seasons for us.

When I say 2009 I mean in the KF era and I didn't go and look at the records. I just know in 02 we lost to ISU and the next year we lost early too I think

2009, Iowa needed 2 block fgs to beat UNI, beat Ark St by 3 (who won 3-4 games that season), beat Arizona by 10 (who were good, 8-win team). Yes, Iowa dominated ISU.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009, Iowa needed 2 block fgs to beat UNI, beat Ark St by 3 (who won 3-4 games that season), beat Arizona by 10 (who were good, 8-win team). Yes, Iowa dominated ISU.

That's all I want Jerms. Every year win the first four games, just win them and I don't care. But what we all saw in the ISU game and then what we saw in the second half of the Pitt game are two completely different animals. KF coached not to lose in that ISU game in the second half but he coached to win in the second half of the Pitt game (and I'm not saying because he put CJ in, they looked determined). I want KF to coach to win every week and when you get out quick you continue to pounce. I don't know, I'm not a fucking football coach or ever will be but that's my big issue with KF. He has his moments (MSU in 2010 when he just wanted to bury Dantonios dick in the dirt).

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio is a dick, but he coaches to win and is not afraid to pile on, same thing with Anderson at Wisconsin, you have to step on the throttle and not look back

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's pretty clear that critisizm of KF works. After the ISU loss is when the heat was turned up this year. What changed? Offense was opened up, new QB brought in the challenge Ruddock, Defense started rotaing in linemen, winning FB games.

Even though we have these positives, Clem is right, we still haven't beaten anyone. I predicted an undefeated season. We lost to the clowns, but should still win all remaining games.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comments by many above. My observations:
- KF has stated that he has offensive plays that no one has seen.
- KF has stated that you can't win every game and that going 8-4 is a good season.
- KF really bristles at interviews where the criticisms are coming. If KF doesn't want to field these criticisms, his coaching approach has to change.
- Given the scheduling track record of KF, Iowa shouldn't be losing to any OOC opponents.
- Given the expansion of the B1G conference, and divisional alignment, winning 5 conference games (at a minimum) should be easily attainable.
- Great coaches have very few in-game coaching errors. KF has them every game!!
- Recruiting: All tied to KF. The program has more speed at the WR position, but has molasses at RB. Stealing a Texas recruit that has given a verbal commit to a MWC program is not a recruiting coup. Same can be said in stealing a recruit that is verbally committed to an FCS program. Of late, KF has been very good at stealing a recruit from a lower-level program.
- KF gets roughly $11,000 per day for a marginal/average coaching performance.
- Here is a link that was certainly interesting: Can Iowa Afford To Fire Kirk Ferentz? Absolutely. - Forbes

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz and really the whole coaching staff played admirably today against a really good football team. KF and his coaching staff showed great preparation and had an outstanding game plan for MU. I was especially impressed with the play calling from the time period between right after we went up 14-0 until the end of the game.

If we could have only recovered that 2nd onsides kick...

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some of you (not all), all that you have talked about was how awful this coaching staff is. They'll be lucky to win 4 games. They'll be lucky to go bowling. Lucky if Iowa doesn't lose any closer than 40-14 as Pitt will run all over them. Why would they even consider Rudock over Beathard? Sunshine didn't get enough snaps vs Indiana.

I have supported KF through it all. Even if I would be crucified by Iowa fans, I still said I like him. I will still support him. So, for those of you who I described above, what does he have to do to make you satisfied? Because right now, I'm thinking they could win the NCG and you guys still complain about how bad he is.

:stfu:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points did Maryland score after our defense hit the one with the ball? Players fault

How many passes hit the hands of Iowa's receivers in 1st down or end zone and was dropped? Players fault

How many plays where receivers in 1st down range but one on 3rd down and Rudock passed to the 1 receiver not in 1st down range? Rudock's fault

How many plays did Scherff look bad and the guy lined up on him mess up the play? Scherff's fault

I'm not going to blame this game on the coaches when the players did such a horrible job executing anything. Even the All-American looked terrible against a no-name DE. Do I think Ferentz made decisions that hurt? Yes. But do I think those decisions are what kept Iowa from winning? No.

I predicted Maryland to win 35-27, so what happened came to no surprise to me. But I blame this loss 90% on the players.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points did Maryland score after our defense hit the one with the ball? Players fault

How many passes hit the hands of Iowa's receivers in 1st down or end zone and was dropped? Players fault

How many plays where receivers in 1st down range but one on 3rd down and Rudock passed to the 1 receiver not in 1st down range? Rudock's fault

How many plays did Scherff look bad and the guy lined up on him mess up the play? Scherff's fault

I'm not going to blame this game on the coaches when the players did such a horrible job executing anything. Even the All-American looked terrible against a no-name DE. Do I think Ferentz made decisions that hurt? Yes. But do I think those decisions are what kept Iowa from winning? No.

I predicted Maryland to win 35-27, so what happened came to no surprise to me. But I blame this loss 90% on the players.

I'm laughing at your post - sorry dude -

But not completing a pass to your WR until midway through the 3rd quarter...that's priceless...

By not attempting one long pass the entire game...that's priceless...

To be surprised by how much KF was outcoached...again...that's the norm.........