• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we look at Tebow?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is disliked more for his Christian beliefs than for his shortcomings at QB.

Not really. The hate isn't really for him, it's for the media circus that ends up swinging from his nuts wherever he plays. It's not worth that kind of BS for a guy who simply cannot play QB at the NFL level.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The hate isn't really for him, it's for the media circus that ends up swinging from his nuts wherever he plays. It's not worth that kind of BS for a guy who simply cannot play QB at the NFL level.
Do you really think Bradford & Sanchez are any better?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't we just let training camp decide whether the guy can play? All they are really talking about is a 90 man roster spot.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow stinks in any Offense where he needs to make your traditional throws ... but he won't be brought in for that. Chip will come up with some crazy plays for him ... if nothing else it will be entertaining. He won't make a ton and gives us more of a chance to get something out of the #3 QB than the Invisible Mr Barkley.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People dislike Tebow because he cannot throw a leather spheroid.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than the attention, how could anyone not want tebow?! the eagles are clearly better now than the last two seasons. if things stay the way they are, it wouldn't be a shock to see the #3 QB get some time. whether it's early in the season, late, or even in the playoffs.. does anyone really want barkley over tebow?

with him in the game, you can go extreme run heavy with the occasional dump pass or deep play-action. not to mention the endless amount of options and draws. what would you get with barkley? nothing but short passes. anything else, you'd have to hold your breath while waiting for disaster.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow stinks in any Offense where he needs to make your traditional throws ... but he won't be brought in for that. Chip will come up with some crazy plays for him ... if nothing else it will be entertaining. He won't make a ton and gives us more of a chance to get something out of the #3 QB than the Invisible Mr Barkley.

I'm kinda leaning toward this view as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow would be a better 3rd string option than Barkley.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Bradford & Sanchez are any better?

I can't tell if you are serious here, or are just trying to troll me. You or I would be a better option than Tim Tebow.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just let training camp decide whether the guy can play? All they are really talking about is a 90 man roster spot.

Because we can give that TC spot to a player who has the potential to see the NFL field at some point in the future.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here are the 3rd string QBs around the league...

ARI - Thomas Logan
ATL Sean Renfree
BAL - Bryn Renner
BUF - Tyrod Taylor
CAR - Joe Webb
CHI - David Fales
Cin -
DAL - Dustin Vaughan
DEN - Zac Dysert
DET - Dan Orlovsky
GB -
HOU - Tom Savage
IND -
JAX - Stephen Morris
KC - Terrelle Pryor
MIA -
MIN - Pat Devlin
NE - Garrett Gilbert
NO - Ryan Griffin
NYG - Ricky Stanzi
NYJ - Matt Simms
OAK - Matt McGloin
PHI - Matt Barkley
PIT - Landry Jones
SD - Brad Sorenson
SEA - RJ Archer
SF -
STL - Case Keenum
TB -
TN - Alex Tanney
WAS - Kirk Cousins

Let's face it. 3rd String QB is largely a throwaway position. Rarely active on game days, and really very few guys that have a realistic chance of developing into a starter. Useful I guess in practice and training camp as an extra arm.

Evidently, Tebow was a pretty good special teams contributor in NY. I could see him basically being this year's Brad Smith. Special teams ace and third string QB. Great to have a guy like that can play special teams and line up at QB, RB or TE in a pinch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third string QB should be a developmental player, a young guy you are grooming to be a backup or possibly even a starter someday. Guys like Kevin Kolb for example, when he was with Philly, or Brian Hoyer with the Pats. They may never pan out, but they are guys you groom and possibly trade. Tebow can't play other than in certain packages and is thus unworthy of a #3 spot, because you don't want to activate 3 QBs anyway (unless Tebow is going to play STs).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently, Tebow was a pretty good special teams contributor in NY. I could see him basically being this year's Brad Smith. Special teams ace and third string QB. Great to have a guy like that can play special teams and line up at QB, RB or TE in a pinch.

I think they've been changing the rules the last few years, but can the 3rd string QB play on special teams unless one of the other two QBs gets hurt?

BTW, the Cardinals 3rd stringer is Logan Thomas.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third string QB should be a developmental player, a young guy you are grooming to be a backup or possibly even a starter someday. Guys like Kevin Kolb for example, when he was with Philly, or Brian Hoyer with the Pats. They may never pan out, but they are guys you groom and possibly trade. Tebow can't play other than in certain packages and is thus unworthy of a #3 spot, because you don't want to activate 3 QBs anyway (unless Tebow is going to play STs).

Well, so if your sure he can't play, then your right. Now if you think that a couple of years of hard work with Tom House really improved his throwing, then maybe your not right.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant hurt to take a look... and what I love most about Chip Kelly is the fact that he is willing to take chances that are outside of the normal conservative football beliefs...

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've been changing the rules the last few years, but can the 3rd string QB play on special teams unless one of the other two QBs gets hurt?

They did away with that strange 3rd QB rule a couple of years ago and instead just added the 46th active player. Since then, many teams are not activating the 3rd QB at all, and essentially making a guy like Brad Smith the Emergency QB on game days over a guy like Matt Barkley.

That is part of what intrigues me here is if you can put Tebow in that Special Teams role and as the emergency QB, you may just have a better Brad Smith. Good at special teams and in the event you need him to play QB, way better off than you are other wise. Then you essentially free up a roster spot elsewhere as you don't have this 3rd string QB inactive all the time.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, the Cardinals 3rd stringer is Logan Thomas.

Yes, he can. They changed the emergency QB rule a few years ago.