• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Raiders turn their focus to AP now that Lynch is likely to stay in Seattle?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK AP!!!!

BREAK THE BANK TO SIGN SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler would of been real good.. But he is a big jerk and players don't like him.. Football is a team game, and if the players don't have your back you will bust.. Carr is nothing like Cutler, RG3, etc.. Again can Carr bust?? Heck ya he can just like any other.. But it won't be cuz he's a bad teammate like those other guys.. Remember Carr is a 2nd round pick out Fresno ST, THROWN INTO THE FIRE as a rookie and held his own.. Let's see what he does with more weapons.. And as for Osweiler?? I really don't know much about him.. They should of just gave him his chance this year to see what he really has.. Maybe he would be the guy to get you guys over the hump?? But we will never know..

Well still a chance we will know as the Broncos are working on an extension with Osweiler as we speak so good chance he is the quarterback for the Broncos after this season.

And as for Carr like I said we are still in the waiting game. With Cutler we never knew his rookie year that he was a head case. He went out and played really well. It wasn't until a few years later that those kind of stories started coming out. Leinart is another that showed promise as a rookie beating out a HOF type player in Kurt Warner for his first year until he just lost it the next year. The examples can go on and on. You can point to the reasons they failed because we have hindsight now on all of those guys. For Carr it might be 2-3 years down the road before we really know whether he is the franchise guy for many years to come or just another guy to add to the list of guys who showed promise who busted out of the league.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay Suh whatever he wants and he can anchor the DL. I didn't think the Lions would let him go, I was almost sure they would franchise him. This changes everything, Idaho and I have wanted him since the season ended.

We can draft a RB to backup Murray, we just need a premier and elite #1 WR for Carr to throw the ball to. And a veteran TE would be nice.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well still a chance we will know as the Broncos are working on an extension with Osweiler as we speak so good chance he is the quarterback for the Broncos after this season.

And as for Carr like I said we are still in the waiting game. With Cutler we never knew his rookie year that he was a head case. He went out and played really well. It wasn't until a few years later that those kind of stories started coming out. Leinart is another that showed promise as a rookie beating out a HOF type player in Kurt Warner for his first year until he just lost it the next year. The examples can go on and on. You can point to the reasons they failed because we have hindsight now on all of those guys. For Carr it might be 2-3 years down the road before we really know whether he is the franchise guy for many years to come or just another guy to add to the list of guys who showed promise who busted out of the league.
Everything is a waiting game cd, 2015 season still not here.. I am happy that Carr played 16 games his rookie year.. He showed alot of promise and HOPE for the Raiders and The RaiderNation.. He has things he has to work on like all rookie QBs do.. But the tools are there and that's all we can ask for at this point.. I want to load him up with all the weapons we can to give him that chance to be our franchise QB.. And im sure the Raiders are thinking the same way.. 2015 starts and ends with QBs.. It is what it is..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay Suh whatever he wants and he can anchor the DL. I didn't think the Lions would let him go, I was almost sure they would franchise him. This changes everything, Idaho and I have wanted him since the season ended.

We can draft a RB to backup Murray, we just need a premier and elite #1 WR for Carr to throw the ball to. And a veteran TE would be nice.
Relax DJ.. We will go after the TOP 2 D player in football.. Suh is on the Raider radar!! Good chance he will be a RAIDER..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax DJ.. We will go after the TOP 2 D player in football.. Suh is on the Raider radar!! Good chance he will be a RAIDER..
Heck CWood, Tuck are already recruiting him.. Tuck, Suh, Jelly, Mayowa/CJ WILSON/ Draft Pick.. Or some other Good DE from FA..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking up if we snag Suh in free agency, he's the perfect player we need on the DL to rebuild that defense around. We have a solid corp of LB'ers and would just need to focus on the secondary, mainly replacing the horrid CB's we had last season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking up if we snag Suh in free agency, he's the perfect player we need on the DL to rebuild that defense around. We have a solid corp of LB'ers and would just need to focus on the secondary, mainly replacing the horrid CB's we had last season.
Suh, Cobb, JT, Knighton could all be Raiders here in a few weeks..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh, Cobb, JT, Knighton could all be Raiders here in a few weeks..

Not sure that would be the smartest way to spend your FA money. You are talking about close to $50 million a year just going to these 4 players for the next 4 years. That is a lot of top end money being eaten up by just 4 players. Yes they are decent/great players but essentially you are eliminating yourself in future years from doing any kind of roster moves and are banking on all 4 of these players playing at a pro bowl level every single season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Release MJD and let McFadden walk in the offseason and sign Adrian Peterson to a 1 or 2 year deal.

He's looking to reclaim his status in the NFL as a starting caliber RB and they can rotate Latavius Murray with him to keep them both fresh.

Do it, Reggie!!!!

1 or 2 year deal...? Reclaim his status as a starting caliber RB?

I highly doubt that AP would sign merely a 1 or 2 year deal. It was not long ago he was considered the best running back in the NFL. I doubt he signs merely a one or two year deal

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that would be the smartest way to spend your FA money. You are talking about close to $50 million a year just going to these 4 players for the next 4 years. That is a lot of top end money being eaten up by just 4 players. Yes they are decent/great players but essentially you are eliminating yourself in future years from doing any kind of roster moves and are banking on all 4 of these players playing at a pro bowl level every single season.
cd, we have no choice but to spend all our cap, per the league.. Contracts are just written on paper, it's how you write them that counts..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 or 2 year deal...? Reclaim his status as a starting caliber RB?

I highly doubt that AP would sign merely a 1 or 2 year deal. It was not long ago he was considered the best running back in the NFL. I doubt he signs merely a one or two year deal
1 or 2 year deal is all he's worth imo.. I would rather have BeastMode over AP..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, we have no choice but to spend all our cap, per the league.. Contracts are just written on paper, it's how you write them that counts..

I'm just more of a spread the wealth kind of guy. Throw in I know of at least 2 of those guys that are wanting maximum guaranteed money. I have no problem signing the 4 of them if I know that I can work the Contracts where in a year or two I can get out of them if things do not work out. JT and Suh have both said they want the most guaranteed money ever given for their positions. So that would mean that whoever invests in them is taking a big risk that this player 4 years from now will still be a very productive player on the roster.

You are right you have to spend the money but to me I look at it as say you can sign 4 of the top players on the OL, still get Suh, and instead of going for Cobb get a guy like Torrey Smith and then still have some money to sign a decent TE on the market all for the same money. Most of these signings would be 2-3 year type deals so doesn't mortgage the future and still gives you some top flight talent.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just more of a spread the wealth kind of guy. Throw in I know of at least 2 of those guys that are wanting maximum guaranteed money. I have no problem signing the 4 of them if I know that I can work the Contracts where in a year or two I can get out of them if things do not work out. JT and Suh have both said they want the most guaranteed money ever given for their positions. So that would mean that whoever invests in them is taking a big risk that this player 4 years from now will still be a very productive player on the roster.

You are right you have to spend the money but to me I look at it as say you can sign 4 of the top players on the OL, still get Suh, and instead of going for Cobb get a guy like Torrey Smith and then still have some money to sign a decent TE on the market all for the same money. Most of these signings would be 2-3 year type deals so doesn't mortgage the future and still gives you some top flight talent.
I like it.. Smith is a guy i would like to have as well.. We could have up to 80M depending on who we cut.. And the only way to spend that is to get at least 3 top tier FAs, and some lower tier guys.. We don't have as many holes as people think.. We do have alot of 2,3 guys and need some ones.. So says Reggie anyways.. We need to keep Wiz2!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the FA bug, so i want to sign everybody.. But that ain't going to happen!! The key for us is to get IMPACT FAs that fit the systems we want to run.. The Raiders can be a threat in 2015!! And it starts in FA!! But they NEED to be the right players!! Players that FIT what the Raiders want to do..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, pretty strong rumor that the Raiders are going to offer Cobb 11M a year.. Nice!! The Raiders know that it is Carr that will make or break 2015.. I don't care how good your D is, if you can't score points and move the chains you will lose!! Just a few more days and we will know if Cobb wears Silver and Black..
The most important thing in this franchise right now, at least to me is?? Get Carr what he NEEDS to reach the next level..

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of Cobb's performance can be directly related to playing along side Jordy Nelson with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of Cobb's performance can be directly related to playing along side Jordy Nelson with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him?
U
I hear ya PackFan.. But ya know what?? You can say that about every good player in the game.. He is only good cuz of the player next to him, and on and on it goes.. Just maybe the guy is good and makes ARs game that much better.. Reggie who worked 20 years for you guys scouted him.. So if Reggie is ready to drop that kind of coin on him?? Then he just might be pretty good.. Besides we got a guy in Carr that Raider players call Baby A-ROD.. Maybe Cobb can help him reach that level of play some day.. Cobb is a HOT FA!! So who knows if we even get him..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ther ya go DJ!! Raiders are planning on hosting Suh next week!! No matter what, Suh is getting JJ Watt money from somebody.. It's up to Suh if he wants to wear SILVER AND BLACK!! And become an even bigger Legend!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, today is the day.. Let's see if the Raiders can snag anybody good?? Rumors are flying!! Let's hope some of them are true..