• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Raiders turn their focus to AP now that Lynch is likely to stay in Seattle?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know his yards per attempt is not top ten, so theres that.......should we keep going or stop with the "everything"

How often did you watch Raider games? I'm guessing not very often.

The offense threw a lot of quick passes, slants and out patterns. The receivers didn't get a lot of yards after the catch. You know what those are, right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i already said it was in fun, or idaho did, yes i think carr is 1 and bridgewater 1a after last year, lets see what happens this year, he showed some great promise

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
captain come late is gonna jump in and go off i see

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also totally my bad for being in this thread,

didnt realize it was a team board........apologies

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also totally my bad for being in this thread,

didnt realize it was a team board........apologies
Don't trip dude.. This board is open to ALL that want to talk football.. I talk to whoever.. It's all good dude..
JK about DJ being pissed.. Sooooooooo, those 2 chicks on NFL AM ARE FINE BABE'S EH??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and good, but ppl get angry when you invade team boards and criticize their guys, its the safe zone here, always has been, you gotta be respectful on team boards

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and good, but ppl get angry when you invade team boards and criticize their guys, its the safe zone here, always has been, you gotta be respectful on team boards
NFL AM is some show that airs on NFL Network.. And i don't mind when fans of other teams come and talk a little smack.. In fact i enjoy it!! That's why i chose this board.. Its open to everybody, and im a people person..
A little smack talk and trolling are not the same thing in my book.. For the most part this is a clean board, i like it!!
Its a one stop shop.. In football news?? The franchise tag is up today!! Will Suh get the Tag?? Stay tuned!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's pissed?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally fine if you want to argue intelligently. I didn't go off as in personal insults so not sure where you got that I was "pissed" but let's see what you can do when some other Raider fan counters your falsehoods with facts. I noticed you didn't counter any of my comments with a rebuttal.

I find that to be very interesting.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally fine if you want to argue intelligently. I didn't go off as in personal insults so not sure where you got that I was "pissed" but let's see what you can do when some other Raider fan counters your falsehoods with facts. I noticed you didn't counter any of my comments with a rebuttal.

I find that to be very interesting.
DJ, that guy don't need any stats, he knows Carr has the goods.. And it was me that said you were Pissed.. But i said that as a joke after you pulled out those killer stats.. I would think that guy would pick up on it, if that's who you are talking about..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like Suh is hitting the market!! And the Raider rumors are flying!! Hard to say if the Raiders are going all in on Suh or not?? Suh, Knighton,Jt, Hudson, etc.. Rumors rumors rumors!! There's nothing better than a good rumor eh??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks graded the rookie quarterbacks after their first season and this is what they had to say about Carr and I think they are pretty spot on...

Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders, No. 36 overall

SEASON ANALYSIS

DJ: Carr has an extremely quick release and generates plenty of velocity. He's shown the ability to make all of the throws, but he's too conservative with his decision-making. He has the courage to hang in the pocket under duress, but there are still times when he falls off his throws unnecessarily. Season grade: B-

BB: Carr has been the surprise of this class, producing and performing at a solid level despite playing with an inferior supporting cast. He's shown impressive poise, composure and grit behind a shaky offensive line. Considering his collegiate reputation as an unsettled pocket passer under duress, his improvement in the pocket is a positive sign of growth. He's also displayed the athleticism and mobility necessary to execute movement-based passes on perimeter. His yards-per-attempt mark (5.4) is well below the industry standard, but his 14:11 TD-to-INT ratio is noteworthy, based on the talent around him (or lack thereof). Season grade: B

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

DJ: He needs to take more chances and push the ball down the field. He also needs to slow down at the top of his drop and throw from a more stable platform when the pocket is clean.

BB: Carr's gunslinger mentality makes him a fearless competitor, but he needs to rein it in at times to avoid making the kinds of costly turnovers that frequently decide games. Granted, he is constantly forced to play from behind, due to the team's overall ineptitude, but Carr must find a way to remain disciplined with his reads and progressions.

LONG-TERM PROSPECTS

DJ: Carr has all of the physical tools, but it's tough to project how good he'll be when you see what he's playing with right now. This offense needs help at basically every position.

BB: Carr's pedigree certainly places him ahead of others at the position, due to his innate understanding of the pressures associated with being a franchise quarterback. He's appeared poised and composed as the Raiders' young leader, playing well enough to win games in the NFL. If Oakland can hire the right coach to cultivate Carr's talent as a playmaker in the pocket, and if Carr can avoid trying to force balls into traffic, the team could finally have the building block it needs to end its decade of dysfunction in the AFC West.

At this point it is a bit hard to judge Carr as he has shown some promise but with the supporting cast around him hard to say too much at this point. Get some talent around him and see if those numbers such as yards per attempt start climbing towards the top. If they get some talent and he continues to stay at that 5.46 yards per attempt then it will be time to move on. I"m thinking though a little more talent and this next year you see that number go closer to middle of the pack than at the very bottom of the NFL. He is definitely a nice looking prospect but hard to tell right now long-term what to expect from him. Heck RGIII came and lit the league on fire his first year and now he is maybe on his last chance to start in this league just a few years later. Just hard to tell after just one year. Now that teams have tape on Carr it will be interesting to see how they attack him. That is usually a big reason you see so many go through that sophomore slump in teams just know what the strengths and weaknesses of a player really are at that point.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, those guys are pretty much saying CARR is the best rookie QB, that had no RUN game, no WR game, and played what might of been the hardest schedule a rookie has ever faced.. And still had more TDs than picks!! For a rookie QB dude.. That's crazy.. Unreal Poise, a true leader!! Let's get him some weapons, like im sure the Raiders will, as they know who the meal ticket is.. Dude RG3 and Carr are not even close to being the same player.. RG3 was all legs and a DIVA, Carr is a PURE pocket passer that loves his team, and his team loves him..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, those guys are pretty much saying CARR is the best rookie QB, that had no RUN game, no WR game, and played what might of been the hardest schedule a rookie has ever faced.. And still had more TDs than picks!! For a rookie QB dude.. That's crazy.. Unreal Poise, a true leader!! Let's get him some weapons, like im sure the Raiders will, as they know who the meal ticket is.. Dude RG3 and Carr are not even close to being the same player.. RG3 was all legs and a DIVA, Carr is a PURE pocket passer that loves his team, and his team loves him..
Oh and let's not forget a mid coaching change as well.. So here we have a rookie QB with no run game, WRs that drop balls at an alarming rate, mid coaching change, hardest schedule ever, and still put up good numbers for a rookie QB!! But none of that matters right?? Only the numbers do right?? Cmon man.. Fans that know the game know whats up..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree that he was the best rookie quarterback out there this past year. I thought Bridgewater did pretty darn well and in all honesty probably had
Oh and let's not forget a mid coaching change as well.. So here we have a rookie QB with no run game, WRs that drop balls at an alarming rate, mid coaching change, hardest schedule ever, and still put up good numbers for a rookie QB!! But none of that matters right?? Only the numbers do right?? Cmon man.. Fans that know the game know whats up..

I'm not saying that he isn't a good quarterback or doesn't have a bright future. I'm saying he had a promising rookie season but there are some things in his game that need to improve if he is going to make it to that top-10 quarterback range. Now obviously the talent around him has to improve as it is probably considered one of the worst in the NFL at this point and it will. I do expect that he will be around for many years to come but it does seem like that 2nd year is where you really see what type of player they are. The rookie year is one in which teams just don't have the tape on the player to really know how to attack them. It is why you see rookies explode onto the scene such as RGIII (i'm not saying Carr is like RGIII just using him as an example of a rookie that looked amazing and came crashing down to earth...same with Vince Young and many other rookie quarterbacks). Maybe a better athletic comparison of a pocket passer that was a rookie that showed promise but then came crashing down is that of Sam Bradford. His rookie season he threw 18 touchdowns to 15 picks. He showed that promise but since then hasn't really done much (partly because of injuries).

And you are right that numbers are not everything. I watched Carr plenty this past year and yes he does show promise. My biggest concern though with him is he just refuses to test the defense deep. Now some of that could be the talent around him wouldn't allow for that to happen but until he shows that part of his game to actually be decent teams will quickly figure out they can stack the box area and force him into some bad decisions. We saw this towards the end of the year where over the final 9 games of the season 5 of those he averaged under 5 yards per attempt. Teams dared Carr to throw deep and he just wouldn't do it leading to minimal gains and an offense that struggled to produce. Compare that to the first 7 games of the season where he only had 1 game under 5 yards per attempt. Again defenses adjusted and Carr struggled to have much consistency.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree that he was the best rookie quarterback out there this past year. I thought Bridgewater did pretty darn well and in all honesty probably had

I'm not saying that he isn't a good quarterback or doesn't have a bright future. I'm saying he had a promising rookie season but there are some things in his game that need to improve if he is going to make it to that top-10 quarterback range. Now obviously the talent around him has to improve as it is probably considered one of the worst in the NFL at this point and it will. I do expect that he will be around for many years to come but it does seem like that 2nd year is where you really see what type of player they are. The rookie year is one in which teams just don't have the tape on the player to really know how to attack them. It is why you see rookies explode onto the scene such as RGIII (i'm not saying Carr is like RGIII just using him as an example of a rookie that looked amazing and came crashing down to earth...same with Vince Young and many other rookie quarterbacks). Maybe a better athletic comparison of a pocket passer that was a rookie that showed promise but then came crashing down is that of Sam Bradford. His rookie season he threw 18 touchdowns to 15 picks. He showed that promise but since then hasn't really done much (partly because of injuries).

And you are right that numbers are not everything. I watched Carr plenty this past year and yes he does show promise. My biggest concern though with him is he just refuses to test the defense deep. Now some of that could be the talent around him wouldn't allow for that to happen but until he shows that part of his game to actually be decent teams will quickly figure out they can stack the box area and force him into some bad decisions. We saw this towards the end of the year where over the final 9 games of the season 5 of those he averaged under 5 yards per attempt. Teams dared Carr to throw deep and he just wouldn't do it leading to minimal gains and an offense that struggled to produce. Compare that to the first 7 games of the season where he only had 1 game under 5 yards per attempt. Again defenses adjusted and Carr struggled to have much consistency.
cd, i don't like the RG3 example.. He failed for 2 reasons.. 1 He blew his knee out, and that took 75% of his game away.. 2 He became a super diva, and turned on his team and coaches, and they turned on him..That's why he failed.. Bradford was promising, but heck whens the last time he even played?? Snake bitten took his game away.. Those are bad examples cd.. And you say teams adjusted to Carr?? They should, the guy was a rookie.. And teams also knew that we had no RUN game, And WRs that could not get open.. So they started stacking the line, knowing that we had no one to beat them but Carr.. OL started getting leaky, dump the ball or eat a sack.. Carr has alot to work on this offseason, no doubt!! But he is promising!! And has franchise TOOLS!!
But it's up to Carr and Reggie to make that happen.. Agree??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i don't like the RG3 example.. He failed for 2 reasons.. 1 He blew his knee out, and that took 75% of his game away.. 2 He became a super diva, and turned on his team and coaches, and they turned on him..That's why he failed.. Bradford was promising, but heck whens the last time he even played?? Snake bitten took his game away.. Those are bad examples cd.. And you say teams adjusted to Carr?? They should, the guy was a rookie.. And teams also knew that we had no RUN game, And WRs that could not get open.. So they started stacking the line, knowing that we had no one to beat them but Carr.. OL started getting leaky, dump the ball or eat a sack.. Carr has alot to work on this offseason, no doubt!! But he is promising!! And has franchise TOOLS!!
But it's up to Carr and Reggie to make that happen.. Agree??

You seem to keep thinking that I don't think Carr is going to be a good NFL quarterback. I actually do think he will be good. I think he could be your quarterback for the next 10 years or so. I do think also though he still has a lot to be desired. Like you said there are still plenty of things for him to work on. He definitely has all the franchise tools that you are looking for but I would say there have been plenty of guys that have had the franchise tools to do great. Ok so another example then...How about Jay Cutler. He showed great promise when he was with the Broncos. Every year the analyst kept saying he is that dark horse guy that could make the jump to elite yet he just hasn't done it. His game just has not really grown much since his rookie season. Some guys are the type that they show promise but on the field it just never quite materializes. For Carr he showed great promise. Whether that great promise actually turns into something is still not known. It is the same for the Broncos right now in they have a guy sitting behind Peyton who has shown great promise in Osweiler. He has all the tools you are looking for yet don't know whether he is a franchise type quarterback or just a guy that will eventually be out of the league with little to show for it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to keep thinking that I don't think Carr is going to be a good NFL quarterback. I actually do think he will be good. I think he could be your quarterback for the next 10 years or so. I do think also though he still has a lot to be desired. Like you said there are still plenty of things for him to work on. He definitely has all the franchise tools that you are looking for but I would say there have been plenty of guys that have had the franchise tools to do great. Ok so another example then...How about Jay Cutler. He showed great promise when he was with the Broncos. Every year the analyst kept saying he is that dark horse guy that could make the jump to elite yet he just hasn't done it. His game just has not really grown much since his rookie season. Some guys are the type that they show promise but on the field it just never quite materializes. For Carr he showed great promise. Whether that great promise actually turns into something is still not known. It is the same for the Broncos right now in they have a guy sitting behind Peyton who has shown great promise in Osweiler. He has all the tools you are looking for yet don't know whether he is a franchise type quarterback or just a guy that will eventually be out of the league with little to show for it.
Cutler would of been real good.. But he is a big jerk and players don't like him.. Football is a team game, and if the players don't have your back you will bust.. Carr is nothing like Cutler, RG3, etc.. Again can Carr bust?? Heck ya he can just like any other.. But it won't be cuz he's a bad teammate like those other guys.. Remember Carr is a 2nd round pick out Fresno ST, THROWN INTO THE FIRE as a rookie and held his own.. Let's see what he does with more weapons.. And as for Osweiler?? I really don't know much about him.. They should of just gave him his chance this year to see what he really has.. Maybe he would be the guy to get you guys over the hump?? But we will never know..