• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also could be Tampa -1.5...

Long time before the game.

Do lines change that much this close to the game? Regardless, I've heard that home games often give the home team at least a 2-3 point advantage.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles need to figure out a way to pressure the QB for that to happen. They haven't done that in a long while.
The number of stunts, twists, and games they run is unacceptable. They think they’re going to get pressure from having 4 guys rush the passer with no threat of that. Just beat your guy one on one. It doesn’t work and is quite honestly malpractice.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tells me that fans/bettors see an 11 win team as better than a 9 win team.
Vegas hit's close to their mark more often than not. If they still see the Eagles as the better team, in light of what both teams have done the past 6 games, that speaks volumes to what the best predictors of sports outcomes think.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do lines change that much this close to the game? Regardless, I've heard that home games often give the home team at least a 2-3 point advantage.
Yeah....especially if Brown is hurt.

The game is next Monday.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas hit's close to their mark more often than not. If they still see the Eagles as the better team, in light of what both teams have done the past 6 games, that speaks volumes to what the best predictors of sports outcomes think.

The Bucs are a pretty average team with an average QB.

The Eagles should be better but their defense has been playing well below their expected performance. If they don't get pressure on Mayfield, Godwin and Evans are going to torch their secondary.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles -2.5 on both of my apps. I suspect it goes off at -4 if all of the Eagles players are playing
The line opened Eagles -2½ -118 and it has stayed there for 12 hours. The money line is -145, +125. It suggests the Eagles have a 57.5% chance of winning. For the spread to go to 4 the Eagles would need to be a 65% chance. I don't see that big a movement happening without an injury. I had the Eagles as a 59% chance which is just into -3 territory.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line opened Eagles -2½ -118 and it has stayed there for 12 hours. The money line is -145, +125. It suggests the Eagles have a 57.5% chance of winning. For the spread to go to 4 the Eagles would need to be a 65% chance. I don't see that big a movement happening without an injury. I had the Eagles as a 59% chance which is just into -3 territory.
Right now there is at least a small concern over some possible Eagles injuries to key players. If those go away the line will move. It's just a question of whether it comes down closer to pick'em first, but it will move if all of Hurts, Brown, Smith and Slay are playing

Also one of my apps is at -154/+130 (and -2.5)

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have limited room for manoeuvre cap wise. If the cap goes up $18.5M the Eagles will have about $28M in cap space and the ability to restructure players for another $20M. It sound like a lot but that's everything before signing players to replace UFAs, the Draft, the PS, and space to replace injuries in 2024. There's not a lot of wiggle room and effectively there are players the Eagles can't move if a new HC doesn't want them. A change at HC would have more downside risk than upside.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there is at least a small concern over some possible Eagles injuries to key players. If those go away the line will move. It's just a question of whether it comes down closer to pick'em first, but it will move if all of Hurts, Brown, Smith and Slay are playing

Also one of my apps is at -154/+130 (and -2.5)
I'm just quoting an average line:

https://www.bookmakersreview.com/nfl/odds/?egid=28&seid=38292

I'm mildly confident the line will slip into Eagles -3 +120 mid week. I think it'll be -3 +100 or -110 by the weekend, but it's just guesswork.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I gotta say is, some of you are apparently going to be very surprised when the Eagles fire Nick Sirianni after losing to Tampa Bay next weekend.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I gotta say is, some of you are apparently going to be very surprised when the Eagles fire Nick Sirianni after losing to Tampa Bay next weekend.
I would be, but I don't think they'll lose.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick comes back with his feet cut out from under him. Roseman and Lurie will pick his next set of offensive and defensive coordinators. The offense looks like a young coordinator in over his head with game plan and playcalling. The defensive side of the ball just looks straight incompetent. The offense is just stale with no adaptation evident. If you see guys like Vrabel, Tomlin, or Belichick on the street this could change. I just think if they do the lay of the land, you don’t see a clear improvement to Nick available right now. They’d rather keep working with the Nick investment. He’s a yes man. They value yes men. Additionally, if Lurie and Roseman are being fair and solid decision makers they have to take some ownership for what’s happened here as well. There’s no defensive staff in the world that can make those LBs and Safeties work.

Geez, they even had a rocket scientist running the defence.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, they even had a rocket scientist running the defence.
Patricia has been set up to fail. He’s running another man’s scheme with another man’s terminology. He’s essentially been handcuffed. Bailing on Desai midseason has turned out to be a major blunder making a marginal defense absolutely horrible.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has been incredibly bad in recent weeks. Dropping Hasaan Reddick into coverage repeatedly, in the most predictable alignment possible, while getting no pass pressure. Playing corners 10 yards off the line on third downs, other crazy stuff.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah...because he isn't getting fired.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patricia has been set up to fail. He’s running another man’s scheme with another man’s terminology. He’s essentially been handcuffed. Bailing on Desai midseason has turned out to be a major blunder making a marginal defense absolutely horrible.
The ironic thing is they did it because of the pass defense and it actually improved a little bit ( maybe due somewhat to who they played) but the run defense then bottomed out to make it so much worse overall. One thing I'll never understand is their insistence on dropping Reddick into coverage. I guess it was because the LBs were so horrible but still, Reddick seems like the only guy that can beat blocks and pressure the QB on a regular basis.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni just led them to a Super Bowl appearance and they are back in the playoffs. Just because they collapsed at the end of this season doesn’t mean he should be fired.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing is they did it because of the pass defense and it actually improved a little bit ( maybe due somewhat to who they played) but the run defense then bottomed out to make it so much worse overall. One thing I'll never understand is their insistence on dropping Reddick into coverage. I guess it was because the LBs were so horrible but still, Reddick seems like the only guy that can beat blocks and pressure the QB on a regular basis.
The actual stated reason wasn’t the pass d, it was the 3rd down defense which has actually gotten worse since they first took that responsibility away from Desai at the bye, even before they went to the next level and took play calling away from Desai.