• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should HB be in the D League?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fried,
I'm only teasing but collecting a paycheck and being talented are two different things. See Adonal Foyle. Love is an allstar who needs another dominant player. If Love doesn't stick in Minn, I think they can get a near boat loaf back for him. He is in a similar position as is Melo though there games are vastly different. It's near a formula that to win it all requires two allstars and a cast of solid, smart sole players. I don't think one GM would rate Lee as highly as Love. David Lee is niftier, can drive w either hand and maybe better at the elbow, but Love is way bigger, can bang and is a pure shooter with a lot of touch. Re barnes: if he shows up in the post season, his value will up quickly but if not, it might be time to move him and allow Draymond to take his place.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone rates Lee as high as Love. I certainly don't. However Lee is a better low post offensive player than Love. He has more moves, left or right, and is much niftier and quicker on the low lock. There's a reason his career fg percentage is almost 7.5% higher than Love's. Love takes alot of three point shots much like Ryan Anderson or other stretch fours. Neither Lee or Love is a great defender, and that's why I personally wouldn't break the bank for Love. Many teams will pay a high price for him without a doubt. We'll see if the price is worth it if a trade does happen. By the way -- Happy Birthday!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

Gun to your head, and you had to choose between HB and Speights to be in the rotational or a playoff roster, how many of you would pick HB at this point?

1) Steph
2) Klay
3) AI#9
4) WCW
5) Bogut
6) JO
7) Green
8) Blake
9) JC
10) Speights

Does HB get the "Zito / Bazemore" treatment, and get permaplanted to the bench? How can we trust this guy in important games, if he can't produce?

In a game where D.Lee didn't play, and Bogut played only 4 mins, HB had 18 mins, 4 pts, 2 steals, 2 dimes, 1 board. That isn't going to cut it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

Gun to your head, and you had to choose between HB and Speights to be in the rotational or a playoff roster, how many of you would pick HB at this point?

1) Steph
2) Klay
3) AI#9
4) WCW
5) Bogut
6) JO
7) Green
8) Blake
9) JC
10) Speights

Does HB get the "Zito / Bazemore" treatment, and get permaplanted to the bench? How can we trust this guy in important games, if he can't produce?

In a game where D.Lee didn't play, and Bogut played only 4 mins, HB had 18 mins, 4 pts, 2 steals, 2 dimes, 1 board. That isn't going to cut it.

Two things about HB:
1. He was amazing in the playoffs last year
2. The rotation will be no more than 9 men in the playoffs:

1. Steph
2. Klay
3. Iggy
4. Avi
5. Bogs
6. Green
7. Blake
8. HB
9. JO

in that order in terms of minutes. If Craw sees more than 4 minutes I'd be pretty shocked, and I won't be surprised with "DNP -- coaches decision" if we are relatively healthy. Of course injuries could easily bring Craw and Speights into the picture.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things about HB:
1. He was amazing in the playoffs last year
2. The rotation will be no more than 9 men in the playoffs:

1. Steph
2. Klay
3. Iggy
4. Avi
5. Bogs
6. Green
7. Blake
8. HB
9. JO

in that order in terms of minutes. If Craw sees more than 4 minutes I'd be pretty shocked, and I won't be surprised with "DNP -- coaches decision" if we are relatively healthy. Of course injuries could easily bring Craw and Speights into the picture.

Dunno about that choice there, HB may have done well last year, but this year he's regressed.

I have more faith in Craw or Speights. Atleast they seem to play unafraid, and aren't going to go into wallflower mode.

Speights was in there battling against Gasol/ZBo and didn't back down for the most part. And I know Crawford isn't afraid to shoot.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Crawford is he's the biggest wild card I've ever seen. He can have a huge impact or it just can get ugly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think MJ really trusts Crawford, so I wouldn't be surprised if his playoff minutes (assuming they make the playoffs) are scant. HB was good in the playoffs last year, but he had very favorable matchups against Denver and SA. I remember him posting up Tony Parker a number of times in the SA series. Pop definitely prioritized his defense for Curry/Thompson. It would nice if it happened, but I don't think the playoffs this year are going to be a cure for Barnes' problems.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this for you Ham and Sushi, lets keep the HB talk out of the D.Green Thread :nod:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this for you Ham and Sushi, lets keep the HB talk out of the D.Green Thread :nod:

Word.

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

I had thought HB would be similar to a prime Richard Jefferson, but he's not anywhere close to living up to that.

My only current player comp I have would be to Marvin Williams. He's a solid player, developed a bit more of an outside shot, but tends to float and disappear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of what HB did in the game against Phoenix. He was a little bit like he was as a rookie, forcing the issue, playing confident, driving to the basket and making a nice step back jumper from the right corner. He also made a nice 3 as the 24 second shot clock went off.

AI9 might be letting this sixth man role get to him, based on his effort/stats in the Phoenix game. I think there is a lot to figure out with the second team, who's going to lead them, whether or not AI9 should be shooting more, etc.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put my finger on it, although Barnes has shown improvement on his corner 3's and rebounding, his explosiveness still seems to be missing.

Could it be because of theses injuries>

and #2

You could say he's playing more under control, but where is the explosion this year?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's playing under control, letting the game come to him and he's worked in the off-season on his game, especially his 3-pt shot. He is an explosive athlete. He just needs to learn the subtleties and nuances of the game. HB is also a quality person, extremely humble, in my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Harrison Barnes back in the starting lineup for the Warriors and being aggressive on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put my finger on it, although Barnes has shown improvement on his corner 3's and rebounding, his explosiveness still seems to be missing.

Could it be because of theses injuries>

and #2

You could say he's playing more under control, but where is the explosion this year?

I've said it from the beginning of the year, Harrison Barnes would do well because of the new system that was going to be installed. He is flourishing because they are utilizing him in much better spots. He's cutting to the basket and moving well without the ball to get open looks. He's knocking down the open looks when he gets a chance and has improved on his overall shooting.

More importantly, his percentages have gone up because last year, he was strictly an iso player. Jackson put him in horrible spots that made it so that HB had to try and create his own offense. That's not his strength. His strength is his athleticism and his ability to finish at the rim. He's getting much more opportunity to do this because of the motion and ball movement based offense. He's thriving because of the system.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing them putting Barnes in these iso positions and thinking "why". He wasn't good at it and there's no wonder why. Normally, you put guys into positions like this who either don't play good team ball or they can care just good at going one on one. This was a big part of Barnes rough year. I guess Jackson wanted to get him some extra work since he was no longer in the starting lineup due to AI#9 now being on the team.