• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should HB be in the D League?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total goofball question, I'll get a bunch of hate for this, but

27 minutes, 0 Points 2 boards, 2 dimes, 2 TO, 0-5 from 3pt land.

The Black Falcon, no, the Big 0-for, seems lost and confused more often than focused and able to help the team.

Soph Slump is approaching La Tax levels of being horrible.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total goofball question, I'll get a bunch of hate for this, but

27 minutes, 0 Points 2 boards, 2 dimes, 2 TO, 0-5 from 3pt land.

The Black Falcon, no, the Big 0-for, seems lost and confused more often than focused and able to help the team.

Soph Slump is approaching La Tax levels of being horrible.

No, he should be in Minnesota with David Lee and a future draft pick.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be sat for a game, maybe two. Not as a punishment but to clear his head and get the mental aspect of the game back. He's pressing. You can see it with everyone of his shots. He's not letting the game come to him and he's forcing things.

His jumpshot isn't falling. It's in his head and he knows he has to get to the basket. So he's attempting to drive to the basket. He's dribbling more, which leads to more turnovers. It's a snowball effect for him.

The off days after the Spurs game will hopefully help him regain some confidence and he can put in some work in the gym.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be moved in the offseason before the potential label is completely worn thin. He has a poor feel for the game and zero bball instincts. Without that, pure physical talent is meaningless. Warriors needed his game to rise this year, to truly be a contender, and he's nothing but another rotation player unfortunately. His game hasn't improved or evolved one iota. Players can turn the corner, but I don't see it with him. I watched him in college, and he's same guy now as he was then. He's a nice kid, and a hard worker, and no doubt has great character, but I just don't see any major evolution of his game. Last night Jim Barnett commented that "Ramon Sessions knows who he is as a player." Essentially meanng he understands his strengths and makes the most of them. Barnes has no clue as to who he is and that's alot of the problem. What is his game or bread and butter? I'd like to know. He's clueless as to how to create space for himself on the floor. He should watch old footage of Chris Mullin. Mullin played the game a 3/4 speed, but he understood spacing, and how to use angles, his body, his teammates, etc. He created space to get off his shot effortlessly. Barnes just doesn't have that innate understanding/feel for the game. Mechanical was used last night several times in regards to Barnes, and it's an apt description.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to relax. He needs to play through it like most young players. First and second year is the toughest years for bball players

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be moved in the offseason before the potential label is completely worn thin. He has a poor feel for the game and zero bball instincts. Without that, pure physical talent is meaningless. Warriors needed his game to rise this year, to truly be a contender, and he's nothing but another rotation player unfortunately. His game hasn't improved or evolved one iota. Players can turn the corner, but I don't see it with him. I watched him in college, and he's same guy now as he was then. He's a nice kid, and a hard worker, and no doubt has great character, but I just don't see any major evolution of his game. Last night Jim Barnett commented that "Ramon Sessions knows who he is as a player." Essentially meanng he understands his strengths and makes the most of them. Barnes has no clue as to who he is and that's alot of the problem. What is his game or bread and butter? I'd like to know. He's clueless as to how to create space for himself on the floor. He should watch old footage of Chris Mullin. Mullin played the game a 3/4 speed, but he understood spacing, and how to use angles, his body, his teammates, etc. He created space to get off his shot effortlessly. Barnes just doesn't have that innate understanding/feel for the game. Mechanical was used last night several times in regards to Barnes, and it's an apt description.

So he can't turn the corner ever?!?!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to relax. He needs to play through it like most young players. First and second year is the toughest years for bball players

Well, no. Guys that are good to great players look pretty good to great even at first, definitely by year 2. How long do you need to decide?

That said he might just need to start on a bad team to come into his own. Hello Minnesota.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned that a starting small forward in the NBA who is as athletic as Barnes is could go scorelesss in 27 minutes of floor time. Its unbelievable.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no. Guys that are good to great players look pretty good to great even at first, definitely by year 2. How long do you need to decide?

That said he might just need to start on a bad team to come into his own. Hello Minnesota.

If he can't turn it around in the 3rd year then you maybe right

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much over-reaction here (surprisingly so from mi amigo Lee). Absent being part of a deal for Love, Barnes ain't going to Minnesota nor will he ever be sent down to Santa Cruz. He has certainly been inconsistent, but at times he's shown brightly. Considering how much upside the young man showed as a rookie in the playoffs last year, I can't imagine that Jackson is ready to throw in the towel on Barnes.

HB is an intelligent person with physical ability and skills, and I am confident that he will right his own ship. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks or so.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much over-reaction here (surprisingly so from mi amigo Lee). Absent being part of a deal for Love, Barnes ain't going to Minnesota nor will he ever be sent down to Santa Cruz. He has certainly been inconsistent, but at times he's shown brightly. Considering how much upside the young man showed as a rookie in the playoffs last year, I can't imagine that Jackson is ready to throw in the towel on Barnes.

HB is an intelligent person with physical ability and skills, and I am confident that he will right his own ship. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks or so.

Shone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can't turn the corner ever?!?!

I don't see a star player around that corner. I think he's a mid level NBA player at best. To me young players can be inconsistent, yet an upward trajectory is there and obvious to see. His game is stuck in neutral, and I think he still has the same issues that he did as a college player. I'm not calling him a bust by any means, but I do think he's a disappointment for the 7th player taken in the draft. Warriors need him to be better - much better. I rate Green as the better player of the two at this point and he was drafted much lower than Barnes. I hope I'm wrong about Barnes, but I doubt it. I keep telling myself that he's still very young, but I'm not hopeful.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've tried to be patient with the guy, thing is, with other recent young Dubs, Steph, Klay, Green, hell even FE before he got himself hurt, you could see progression day after day.

What Exactly has HB improved on this year? He was the #7 pick in aoverall lackluster 1st round (2012) , Besides Unibrow, Lillard, Thomas Robinson, Drummond, the rest of the 1st round hasn't exactly shined.

But for a #7 pick, who was highly touted, I was expecting something closer to a NBA ready player. Sure he can jump out of the gym and fly to the moon, but where are the basketball plays?

Coming off the bench isn't the easiest thing to do for a young player, but HB also has had 18 starts this year. And if you look closer at the #'s, he's played more mins this year vs last year. (Averaging 28 vs 25)

Maybe I'm just being overly critical, but for the Dubs to go further in the playoffs this year, HB needs to step up. Injuries and fatigue will be a factor, and if he can't give us anything more this year, this season is a wrap.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to be patient with the guy, thing is, with other recent young Dubs, Steph, Klay, Green, hell even FE before he got himself hurt, you could see progression day after day.

What Exactly has HB improved on this year? He was the #7 pick in aoverall lackluster 1st round (2012) , Besides Unibrow, Lillard, Thomas Robinson, Drummond, the rest of the 1st round hasn't exactly shined.

But for a #7 pick, who was highly touted, I was expecting something closer to a NBA ready player. Sure he can jump out of the gym and fly to the moon, but where are the basketball plays?

Coming off the bench isn't the easiest thing to do for a young player, but HB also has had 18 starts this year. And if you look closer at the #'s, he's played more mins this year vs last year. (Averaging 28 vs 25)

Maybe I'm just being overly critical, but for the Dubs to go further in the playoffs this year, HB needs to step up. Injuries and fatigue will be a factor, and if he can't give us anything more this year, this season is a wrap.
I too am frustrated with his inconsistency in his second season, but he certainly looked worth that seventh pick last year when it counted most. This season was one of great adjustment for Barnes, but even with the challenges of his new role, he should be performing better. But as I've already seen his upside and have confidence in his mental strength, I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water yet.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Written communication is important, otherwise it distracts from your intended message.
Are you the self-appointed spelling sheriff 'round these parts? As I don't see you doing this with everyone (thank goodness), I'll assume that I have somehow made you feel "less than" at some point around here. If so, my apologies for hurting your feelings.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

Is HB's upside a little better than what Mickael Pietrus brought to the table? Played the stretch four, athletic, long, could shoot the 3 a little bit, but couldn't be trusted to handle the ball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you the self-appointed spelling sheriff 'round these parts? As I don't see you doing this with everyone (thank goodness), I'll assume that I have somehow made you feel "less than" at some point around here. If so, my apologies for hurting your feelings.

That's our Foolsense, what he lacks as a logician he tries to make up for as a grammarian.