• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can both admire and thank players for their contribution, and also come to terms with the need to let them at the same time. All of these guys were critical for both of our super bowl run seasons and bringing this town a title.

Sherman wasn't going to take a cut in pay for a home town discount to play for a team in transition all around him and not headed toward another deep playoff run again most likely and with all that turnover in staff. Easier to save face and take a cut to play anywhere else than to take a cut at home. And we know how he is about appearances.

There's no doubt they talked to him about what their comfort level was in terms of salary and no doubt he wanted to go see what else is out there.

Just because he's being released doesn't mean it was really because of the teams decision. This no doubt came from him. That's why he started saying goodbye days before any official word. This is what he wants and really no one should blame him for it.

As to what will the team do with that saved cap space and how to they replace basically the entire secondary? Well that's another matter. Their scouting staff has left a lot to be desired over the last 2-3 years at least.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for the best.

we had two choices, extend our old players and drag this out for another year or 2 and be in cap hell with old broken players.

or rip off the bandaid, have a down year, but keep the young guys on the roster and build around wilson and wagner.

we made the right choice.
So now that the team has blown itself up you finally are happy. You were miserable through every playoff run hating on bevell and other nonsense. NOW you are happy. Heading toward a downturn that likely will be several years long.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a chance he could come back, anything is possible.

True... but I just get the feeling someone is gonna jump all over him.. But it is possible they can bring him back, we'll see..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but I just get the feeling someone is gonna jump all over him.. But it is possible they can bring him back, we'll see..

You're probably correct but the injury factor could scare off teams and/or low ball him in contract talks where as Seattle probably has a contract on the table for a certain amount that could become the best offer and he resigns.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman likes winning though, and he knows the Patriots will give him the best chance to do that with Brady still at the helm.... He might take less to go there...

I think this is overrated a lot of players claim to be about winning but when they see what kind of salary they would have to take to "win" they usually have a change of heart. I dont think sherman would take a huge pay cut to sign with the New England patriots. Same goes for everybody else on the defense that want more money

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the end of an era. It's going to be weird to watch the Seahawks play next season and not see a lot of these familiar faces out there. I think the hard part is going to be watching the new defense and not automatically comparing it to the LOB defense. Our expectations needed to be adjusted accordingly. I don't anticipate having a bad defense or even a mediocre one starting this coming season, but we need to allow for it to find its own identity. Something tells me that's going to be easier for some people than others.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that the team has blown itself up you finally are happy. You were miserable through every playoff run hating on bevell and other nonsense. NOW you are happy. Heading toward a downturn that likely will be several years long.

had we fired bevell in 2014 we might have won another superbowl. but instead we wasted our defense because our offense was completely dysfunctional.

they were late, but i give them credit for doing this now instead of prolonging it for another or 3 years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the end of an era. It's going to be weird to watch the Seahawks play next season and not see a lot of these familiar faces out there. I think the hard part is going to be watching the new defense and not automatically comparing it to the LOB defense. Our expectations needed to be adjusted accordingly. I don't anticipate having a bad defense or even a mediocre one starting this coming season, but we need to allow for it to find its own identity. Something tells me that's going to be easier for some people than others.

I think the D is going to be very competitive with Wags and ET leading them. The LOB came out with a chip on their shoulders and it showed in their style of play. This new group that we're going to see will have that same type chip on their shoulders cause they too will want their name and identity placed next to the LOB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is overrated a lot of players claim to be about winning but when they see what kind of salary they would have to take to "win" they usually have a change of heart. I dont think sherman would take a huge pay cut to sign with the New England patriots. Same goes for everybody else on the defense that want more money

Sherman is a little different though, not all defensive players storm the sideline, or talk back like he does, he's a serious competitor..... He's not gonna want to just go somewhere where he doesn't have a chance to win... I just can't see that from him...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He represents himself, so teams are gonna try to lowball him if they could. However, I don't think he cares much about the money but moreso going to a contender. He says his tenure here in Seattle is "incomplete" so there has to be a realistic chance of him coming back.

If a team like NE however offers him hte most money and also the best chance to win another title, no doubt he'll go there. I hope he comes back though.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had we fired bevell in 2014 we might have won another superbowl. but instead we wasted our defense because our offense was completely dysfunctional.

they were late, but i give them credit for doing this now instead of prolonging it for another or 3 years.

100% correct. Sherman leaving is just a reminder of how bad this team underachieved with that defense and group of players. Whats happening now should have happened 3 years ago.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% speculation, but sure, otherwise, correct.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D is going to be very competitive with Wags and ET leading them. The LOB came out with a chip on their shoulders and it showed in their style of play. This new group that we're going to see will have that same type chip on their shoulders cause they too will want their name and identity placed next to the LOB.

I agree... I'm not ready to spell doom-and-gloom just yet for this team... Our defense will still be good enough to keep us in games, imo... I also believe our offense will take a big step forward to help with the gap left by the defense dude to cuts/trades on that side of the ball... SB caliber team? Probably not but I still think we'll be competitive...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had we fired bevell in 2014 we might have won another superbowl. but instead we wasted our defense because our offense was completely dysfunctional..

You mean the defense that gave up 24 pts to Carolina (gave up pts on their 1st Four drives) in the 1st half of the divisional round of the postseason in 2015?

2016, our defense gave up scores to ATL in the divisional round on 5 of their first 6 drives...

The defense did not do their part in those games so I doubt we would've won another SB with a new OC...

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thank Richard Sherman, and Michael Bennett for all they gave us. It has been a pleasure, wish you the best in the future

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman has all New England in a buzz. With malcolm Butler moving on, the Patriots will need a replacement. Carroll let Bennett go to the Eagles for a 5th round pick abut the Patriots offered a 3rd and a 6th, but Carroll had already made gentlemen's agreement with the Eagles. None the less, what we hear on the East Coast is that the doctors will not allow Sherman to to start running until April. He's not expected to be ready to actually play until October or November. Bill Belichick is willing to wait if he can get him. Brady supposedly has talked to Sherman about coming east to to work with Alex Guerreo at the TB12 Clinic.

With the season officially opening next Wednesday at 12:01, a lot of interesting things may hyappen over the next 5 days.

Can you show a shred of evidence of this or is it (more likely) a scenario completely made up by some radio guy or fan site somewhere?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, Sherm visiting SF today according to espn.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, Sherm visiting SF today according to espn.

Heard it was his most likely landing spot also. Hate seeing any former Seahawks players land on the 49ers , but might be fun to see 49ers fans start vomiting.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is rare for a team to sign a player who can't pass a physical.