• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks acquire Ben Eager for 5th rounder

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Weber wants a shot to win, I'm sure this particular Sharks team wouldn't be on his list of potential candidates... right?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, if Weber wants a shot to win, I'm sure this particular Sharks team wouldn't be on his list of potential candidates... right?

The Sharks with Weber have a much better shot at winning than the Preds do with him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the title.

Good trade for the Sharks

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Eager move makes sence. Especially with the precieved non-retaliation after the Couture hit. If he can cut way down on the stupid penalties he makes a good addition to the 4th line.

The Wellwood claim makes no sense though unless there is something else in the works, hopefully a move for a dman. There's been some talk about the availability of Brent Seabrook reciently. Who knows.

Do you think CHI would actually trade Seabrook within the conference? Also, do you think Seabrook is a legit #1 dman or if being partnered with Keith makes him appear to be better than he actually is?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think CHI would actually trade Seabrook within the conference? Also, do you think Seabrook is a legit #1 dman or if being partnered with Keith makes him appear to be better than he actually is?

No, I don't view Seabrook as a #1 dman. He's an average #2 or top #3 guy. Being paired with Keith will make anyone look better but it's not to the point that he should be considered reliant on him to be an effective dman. My guess is only divisional teams are out of the running, other than that Chicago would deal him to whomever makes the best offer.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I don't view Seabrook as a #1 dman. He's an average #2 or top #3 guy. Being paired with Keith will make anyone look better but it's not to the point that he should be considered reliant on him to be an effective dman. My guess is only divisional teams are out of the running, other than that Chicago would deal him to whomever makes the best offer.

Shit, just give someone that is better than Huskins and Wallin, which isnt hard, and Ill be happy. Seabrook would be our 2nd best defensman.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would chicago trade seabrook? They arent exactly deep on D. Keith and campbell are pretty good but hjalmarsson has super struggled and cullimore, boynton and co. are not exactly top 4 material. Trading seabrook would gut an already somewhat gutted defense (compared to last year). That said, I think seabrook would be a perfect addition to the sharks. he's not a top 10 Dman in the league, but he fills that #2 hole very well with boyle.

i just don't see why he is rumored to move? The hawks have more than enough cap space to resign him and unless he wants 6 or 7 Million, they should be able to do so easily and retain their current top 4 D, as well as their key forwards. Brower, stalberg, and kopecky wont get that big raises. Doesnt make much sense to me...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would chicago trade seabrook? They arent exactly deep on D. Keith and campbell are pretty good but hjalmarsson has super struggled and cullimore, boynton and co. are not exactly top 4 material. Trading seabrook would gut an already somewhat gutted defense (compared to last year). That said, I think seabrook would be a perfect addition to the sharks. he's not a top 10 Dman in the league, but he fills that #2 hole very well with boyle.

i just don't see why he is rumored to move? The hawks have more than enough cap space to resign him and unless he wants 6 or 7 Million, they should be able to do so easily and retain their current top 4 D, as well as their key forwards. Brower, stalberg, and kopecky wont get that big raises. Doesnt make much sense to me...

It's been on McKenzie and LeBrun's twitter pages over the last couple of weeks.

Remember, in the offseason Huet's salary still counts against the Hawks cap. Talks between the two sides have apparently broke down and Chicago doesn't think they can afford him unless they move other pieces which after this last offseason Bowman seems reluctant to do.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Just to add to my previous post. The highlighted may be exactly why they would trade him. If they move him they'd have the cap space and ability to create a little more depth on defense instead of struggling with marginal guys like Cullimore and Boyton.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Cmon, Filo just messed himself.

lol, Cmon's just trying to get a rise out of me. He knows I know Weber will never really be a Shark (unless you count my PS3). ;):L

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Ops.....I'm addicted.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same korky. Its filosofy29

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I really like the deals. Low risk, high reward and it's good to have these kind of guys on your bottom 6 and I might be alone in this but I really like Ben Eager. Hopefully the Sharks can keep him beyond this season.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can any of these deals be good? I took a quick look at the lines that DP posted and it's... how to say... beyond sad?

Heatley-Thornton-Couture

Marleau-Pavelski-Setoguchi

Eager-Wellwood-Ferriero

McGinn-McCarthy-Mayers

Those #3 and 4 lines are soooo borderline NHL material, it's crazy... Oh well.

LivinLegend22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How can any of these deals be good? I took a quick look at the lines that DP posted and it's... how to say... beyond sad?

Those #3 and 4 lines are soooo borderline NHL material, it's crazy... Oh well.

Yea the bottom 6 are not great, but not sure how anyone can be upset about these moves. DW knows this isn't going to fix the D or these guys are a guarantee to improve bottom 6 scoring. Eager for a 5th is a good pick up because he can play the enforcer role and stop having Clowe being the only guy to step up and drop the gloves. Eager is a decent skater and is a better overall player than McLaren or Shelley. Wellwood was free so its a no risk pick up. Neither is signed next year so I'm not sure how anyone can be upset that DW is taking a chance on Wellwood and picking up Eager for a 5th when we have been playing 7 d-man and in 27 combined games McLaren, Wingels, Mashinter and Desjardins have 0 points. For what he gave up he got good value. Wether or not either of these guys play well remains to be seen but I think both were smart moves, even if the only benefit out of it is Eager taking on the role of enforcer.