• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks acquire Ben Eager for 5th rounder

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're saying but also "free" and a phone call away are people like Nolan and Cheechoo (to a lesser degree) that will be an even better guarantee to instantly help the team or, at worst, not make it much shittier than it already is... but Dougie continues to go out of his way to make "random" moves that don't make too much sense (Wellwood... again, the Eager move isn't as bad to me).

Like I said before the season started, I will NEVER understand what Mayers brought to the Sharks this season over Nolan... so I can't let that one go, sorry.

I chalk up this week's moves to being desperation moves by a GM who has (long) lost his touch.

sharksfan1135

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well, since Nolan also played in sweden, he will also need to go thru waiver wire. I bet there will be lot of teams interested in picking him up.
As for Cheech, CMON probably will agree with me that his defensive game is still a suspect and skating is horrible.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since Nolan also played in sweden, he will also need to go thru waiver wire. I bet there will be lot of teams interested in picking him up.
As for Cheech, CMON probably will agree with me that his defensive game is still a suspect and skating is horrible.

Would a team that Nolan didn't want to play for waste their time in trying to sign him? I guess they block teams ahead of them, but they don't end up with Nolan in the end.:confused:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought we've been over this many times already... how many current SJ Sharks players (i.e. on the roster for tonight's game) does that apply to? I can name about 7.

sharksfan1135

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought we've been over this many times already... how many current SJ Sharks players (i.e. on the roster for tonight's game) does that apply to? I can name about 7.

if sharks already have 7, thy just do not wnt to add more to that.:)
I would like to see cheech get one more shot at NHL level, i hope soon but he has to prove himself in the AHL in order to come here. Why aren't other 29 NHL teams wants him. Any one can sign him, he is not a sharks property yet. Every team sees the same with Cheech as the sharks are seeing it too.:L

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree about Cheechoo although I think he's (still?) injured but haven't kept up on his situation lately so don't really know...

It's not a no-brainer that the Sharks should sign him for minimum wage and bring him up but with how bad the team had been doing, if he can lace them up, not much harm in bringing him up at some point... that's what I was trying to say.

As for Nolan, there's no valid reason why he's not a Shark right now over stiffs like Mayers, etc... but like people said before, there must be someone in the Sharks organization (up high enough to matter) who doesn't want him to be a Shark... so he's not.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagers not so bad. ATL keeps trading players this way and that these days though so it's not like I'll miss him

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, Eager was the 23rd overall pick in the 02 draft. Why?