• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious question for Lakers fans

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Intrepid is a pretty reliable Dodge. Good first car for you son TJFan 12. I want a SRT-8 anything from Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in the worst way. The Challenger, Charger, 300, or teh Grand Cherokee with a 6.4L 392 Hemi. Yowser!! What fun. Badness personified. Geneh_33. Did you find that deer and get a few slabs of venison for the grill? lol.

Man, I was doing about 50 mph down a busy state highway and I hit him square on. I don't know where he came from, he was running so fast. That's a good thing because his momentum carried him off to the passenger's side when he rolled across the hood. He had about 20 points and he was bigger than a large horse. That deer was totally destroyed I hit him so hard. But then again so was my front end.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a funny story geneh_33 although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time especially with all of the damage it caused. A thought comes to mind with stories like these. Why don't huge deer like that show up that fast when I actually have plunked down the cash for a license and am how somewhere freezing my butt off?? It does boggle one's mind.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a funny story geneh_33 although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time especially with all of the damage it caused. A thought comes to mind with stories like these. Why don't huge deer like that show up that fast when I actually have plunked down the cash for a license and am how somewhere freezing my butt off?? It does boggle one's mind.

I don't hunt but ALL of my cousins do. I love fresh deer meat, it's fantastic.

Yeah, I never understood why guys want to:

1. Drive 100 or more miles to a good "legal" hunting spot.
2. Climb up to a stand and freeze their asses off.
3. Stay silent for hours on end.
4. See nothing, hear nothing and then go right back up the tree the next day to do it all over again!

I'm just funning with you. I'm sure glad other guys do it so I can eat!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem geneh_33. Those exact concerns have crossed my mind on occasions but the mental battle of thoughts dissipate when I nail one and get that meat on my grill. And all the sentiments you expressed are all part of the type of "guy thing". Good Stuff!!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem geneh_33. Those exact concerns have crossed my mind on occasions but the mental battle of thoughts dissipate when I nail one and get that meat on my grill. And all the sentiments you expressed are all part of the type of "guy thing". Good Stuff!!!

Well, there are no gay hunting clubs out there, that's for sure. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right geneh_33 because they wouldn't be around very long. As soon as word got out that the gay hunting club was in the field, the deer would rejoice because the target on behind their front shoulder would suddenly shift to the gays! Sonsabitches would be dead in a heartbeat! Lol.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right geneh_33 because they wouldn't be around very long. As soon as word got out that the gay hunting club was in the field, the deer would rejoice because the target on behind their front shoulder would suddenly shift to the gays! Sonsabitches would be dead in a heartbeat! Lol.

YEP! :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hunt but ALL of my cousins do. I love fresh deer meat, it's fantastic.

Yeah, I never understood why guys want to:

1. Drive 100 or more miles to a good "legal" hunting spot.
2. Climb up to a stand and freeze their asses off.
3. Stay silent for hours on end.
4. See nothing, hear nothing and then go right back up the tree the next day to do it all over again!

I'm just funning with you. I'm sure glad other guys do it so I can eat!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdApyFlf6DU]Ron White deer hunting - YouTube[/ame]

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's hilarious! And very, very true. I hit a deer on two separate occasions when I was stationed down at Ft. Stewart in the swamp many moons ago. Luckily I hit the deer in the ass end both times with minimal damage to the car. Both times the deer were running very fast and never even knew I was there until it was too late, that is.

I have just missed hitting deer with my car too many times to count.

You guys need to get busy killing deer in Georgia! There are way too many of them! :lol:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, are you like a deer magnet or something??

Ask anybody from Georgia. We've got deer in this state everywhere.

Heck, they got rid of "doe day" in Ga. and you can hunt deer here now without many restrictions.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you geneh_33. I have a friend who lives near Macon and he tells me the population has exploded. I think the next time you get a deer running into you, you should pull out your carry permitted piece and put that sucker in the trunk, slice it up, and fire up your grill.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you geneh_33. I have a friend who lives near Macon and he tells me the population has exploded. I think the next time you get a deer running into you, you should pull out your carry permitted piece and put that sucker in the trunk, slice it up, and fire up your grill.

If I don't totally destroy him I will do that. If he doesn't totally destroy my car, that is. :lol:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think D-Antoni is a terrible defensive coach. Last year he didnt stress defense at all with the Lakers and they should have just brought Phil back. Now D-Antoni is here and I have to deal with that as he is making too much to fire right now. Lakers need to get a defensive coach to coach defense and take less pressure off of him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey besaesa. Welcome to the Lakers pages. I presume you found us from the ESPN fiasco. I am one of the mods here at SportsHoopla. If you have any questions you know where to find me. Many of us came from the SeeBS pages so we all know the refugee routine. There is plenty here for your enjoyment.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found under the "UserCP" menu bar at the top of any page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure none you are) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure none of you are). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla wide, Alt's are not tolerated either. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. ALt's are alternative accounts or using another post name or stealing someone else's post name. Don't go down that road if you want to stay here.

So, once again, welcome to the Lakers pages, enjoy yourself, and jump right in on discussing our beloved Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey besaesa. I agree. I call D'Antoni, Don'tknowi because the guy just did not look like he knew what he was doing last year.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

He looked clueless last year BUT he did inherit Mike Brown's mess. I also know that Dantoni has never coached or emphasized defense much but we are stuck with him now due to how much we are paying him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

He looked clueless last year BUT he did inherit Mike Brown's mess. I also know that Dantoni has never coached or emphasized defense much but we are stuck with him now due to how much we are paying him.

I'm all for giving D'Antoni a fair shot!! In my opinion, he was placed in a virtually impossible situation last season and I'm not convinced that anyone (even Phil or Pop) could have fared much better when considering the injuries, taking over 5 games into the season and having to scrap an offense that the team had already spent the entire training camp learning.

Kurt Rambis recently confirmed in an interview that his job is going to be concentrating on the defense, so it seems that D'Antoni's defensive weakness is being addressed!!

There is also a theory going around that Phil is going to be taking on a much larger role on the basketball side and that it may be why guys like Rambis and Madsen have been hired. The thought is that he'll be taking a role aloing the lines of Pat Riley in Miami!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey besaesa. I hear you on that. Yea, TJfan12, I saw that about Phil and that is very good news because that means the Lakers are going to be a sound organization again and that Short Buss MAY BE realizing his shortcomings-no pun intended.