• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl Week....

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys on Lockett - imagine what Chip could do with him in space! Plus he has added value as a returner - led the FBS in punt return average this year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where do some of these speed receivers we're talking about end up going in the draft? I think Coates has an outside shot of going in the late 1st, at worst early 2nd. Devin Smith and Lockett to me are mid to late 2nd. Dorsett and Crowder likely 3rd. I'd be very hard pressed passing on Lockett if still there in Rd 2 ... hopefully we do well on the defensive side of the ball in free agency to be able to snag one of these wide outs in the first 3 rounds.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where do some of these speed receivers we're talking about end up going in the draft? I think Coates has an outside shot of going in the late 1st, at worst early 2nd. Devin Smith and Lockett to me are mid to late 2nd. Dorsett and Crowder likely 3rd. I'd be very hard pressed passing on Lockett if still there in Rd 2 ... hopefully we do well on the defensive side of the ball in free agency to be able to snag one of these wide outs in the first 3 rounds.

Coates end rd 1- mid rd 2
Smith mid rd 2 - early rd 3
Dorsett mid rd 2 - early rd 3
Lockett mid rd 2 - early rd 3
Crowder - Rd 3

Given the choice I want Coates, Lockett would be my 2nd choice just because he gives you so much in so many facets of the game. Dorsett has a chance to become a Faster version of Steve Smith. Smith would be next for me, I think he is a clone of Jeremy Maclin. Crowder has T.Y Hilton type potential, we will see if that comes to fruition.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR's shouldn't even be talked about unless they are 3rd rounders and less. And less would be better as of now.

Offensive skill players are the last thing this team should be looking for.

D, D, D, D, D and more D

Edited to add...This is of course if we don't 2 CB's, S, ILB, and OG in FA...and these must be TOP FA, not minimum fillers.

If we get these then we can address WR...Shit we just drafted 2 and will resign Maclin

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR's shouldn't even be talked about unless they are 3rd rounders and less. And less would be better as of now.

Offensive skill players are the last thing this team should be looking for.

D, D, D, D, D and more D

Edited to add...This is of course if we don't 2 CB's, S, ILB, and OG in FA...and these must be TOP FA, not minimum fillers.

If we get these then we can address WR...Shit we just drafted 2 and will resign Maclin
yeah well you would be incorrect. We had better fill several of those defensive needs via free agency, long before the draft. Don't be shocked if our first rd pick is an O-lineman. We need to go right after the best available secondary free agents....no playing around, we need to solidify our Db's long before the NFL draft. We need to use the NFL draft to fill in with quality depth to our defense, and add an ILB and OLB. We also need to address the O-line and WR position. Jeremy Maclin even if signed is still a huge injury risk, and after that all we have is Jordan matthews and a Josh Huff who we still haven't seen what he really is yet. Our o-line clearly needs to get younger...oh and there is this idea we may need to draft a QB very early.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'm off the Mariota bandwagon. If Chip gets him without giving up the farm, then Great!
If not, then I'm more and more infatuated with Bennett, and he's available in the 3rd or 4th, then I'd grab him. Otherwise, draft the BPA in the 1st 2 rounds especially. Yes, it could be an OL, especially T, so when Peters starts to show his age, we have a T in waiting. WR - definitely, as wings said - even if we re-sign Maclin, we need another deep threat to replace you no who, and particularly if Mac goes down. Besides, as we pointed out, Sproles may only be here one more season, and there are at least 4 prospects we can get to groom behind him. I wouldn't go RB yet, although there are some real good ones in this draft. A mid-round guy would be the preference. OLB, if they move smith to ILB. His friend and former teammate Mauldin looks real good. That leaves the DB's and we have to sign at least one of each, plus draft another of each. Peters may b e the most ready to play, and we like Rollins a lot. There is the free agent, Breaux, from Canada, that many covet, and can start right away.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Tampa Bay just hired a qb coach (the former OC for Tennessee) that spent the last 7 years in a spread offense, I think TB is taking Mariotta for themselves.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well you would be incorrect. We had better fill several of those defensive needs via free agency, long before the draft. Don't be shocked if our first rd pick is an O-lineman. We need to go right after the best available secondary free agents....no playing around, we need to solidify our Db's long before the NFL draft. We need to use the NFL draft to fill in with quality depth to our defense, and add an ILB and OLB. We also need to address the O-line and WR position. Jeremy Maclin even if signed is still a huge injury risk, and after that all we have is Jordan matthews and a Josh Huff who we still haven't seen what he really is yet. Our o-line clearly needs to get younger...oh and there is this idea we may need to draft a QB very early.

What was incorrect of what I said?

As I said before...

WR shouldn't even be talked about UNTIL 2 CBs, S, ILB and OG are addressed.

IF those are addressed in FA then we can add depth to the D and look for OL depth and WR's in the draft.

IF not in FA we better go D, D, D, D, D, D in the draft and not even look at an O player.

So as of now we need to only worry about D in my opinion and the Offensive skill positions are the last thing we need to worry about.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to be flexible in the draft, especially the first round. Just because you need corners and safeties doesn't mean they are the best use of your first rounder. If you are convinced Kevin White or Jaelen Strong are going to be pro bowlers, and they are there are 20, well, maybe you take them. Keep in mind that Maclin is a free agent and he may not even be back here!

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed!
FA is needed to fill holes in the D and perhaps at WR and the draft should be to add depth and eventual starters. The idea of trading away everything for Mariota is fools play. Solidify the D and OLine and this team competes in the playoffs. I still worry that Chip wants Mariota and jumps ship when things go south leaving us with a sinking ship.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morning in a football mood, so I've been watching game tape since around 7 am :) The Cornerback I will be pimping the most as the draft nears will be Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson. Good size, long arms, excellent timing on his jumps and breaks ... plus a willing tackler against the run. Most places have him as a late 2nd to early third, but I'd be thrilled to land him with our 2nd round pick after watching a lot of his tape. The most over rated CB I saw was LSU's Jalen Collins, I want no part of him at his current 2nd round grade; nice size, but that's it from the tape on him I watched.

Right now my 1st and 2nd round favorites are: LSU OG/OT La'el Collins at 20 and Kevin Johnson in Rd 2. Collins would immediately step in as a starter at Guard and vastly improve our running game between the tackles. I'm also liking Stephone Anthony ILB from Clemson at his current Rd 4 or 5 grade to line up next to Kendricks.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morning in a football mood, so I've been watching game tape since around 7 am :) The Cornerback I will be pimping the most as the draft nears will be Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson. Good size, long arms, excellent timing on his jumps and breaks ... plus a willing tackler against the run. Most places have him as a late 2nd to early third, but I'd be thrilled to land him with our 2nd round pick after watching a lot of his tape. The most over rated CB I saw was LSU's Jalen Collins, I want no part of him at his current 2nd round grade; nice size, but that's it from the tape on him I watched.

Right now my 1st and 2nd round favorites are: LSU OG/OT La'el Collins at 20 and Kevin Johnson in Rd 2. Collins would immediately step in as a starter at Guard and vastly improve our running game between the tackles. I'm also liking Stephone Anthony ILB from Clemson at his current Rd 4 or 5 grade to line up next to Kendricks.

Kevin Johnson looks good my problem is he is a bit Todd Pinkstonish in body.....Collins looks good at Guard, not at tackle, he doesn't play well in space. He looked good in 1-1's. Stephone Anthony i like a lot. He gets off blocks well, and I love his sideline to sideline speed. He shows solid cover skills as well.

Rey - ya think Landon Collins is there for us in rd 1? If so do you take him? I know I would. Kid hits like a truck and has real good speed.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Johnson looks good my problem is he is a bit Todd Pinkstonish in body.....Collins looks good at Guard, not at tackle, he doesn't play well in space. He looked good in 1-1's. Stephone Anthony i like a lot. He gets off blocks well, and I love his sideline to sideline speed. He shows solid cover skills as well.

Rey - ya think Landon Collins is there for us in rd 1? If so do you take him? I know I would. Kid hits like a truck and has real good speed.

Kevin Johnson is wiry, but deceptively strong and not bad at all against the run.

I've actually soured a slight bit on Landon Collins the more tape I watch. By sour I don't mean that I wouldn't want him, just that I'd be hesitant to take him at 20. His coverage skills are pretty mediocre ... seen him burned a bit too often. His pro position I think will be at SS as opposed to FS ... keep his responsibilities closer to the LOS (where he's very good) and keep him away from playing center field. Bama DB's don't have the best track record in recent years ...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Johnson is wiry, but deceptively strong and not bad at all against the run.

I've actually soured a slight bit on Landon Collins the more tape I watch. By sour I don't mean that I wouldn't want him, just that I'd be hesitant to take him at 20. His coverage skills are pretty mediocre ... seen him burned a bit too often. His pro position I think will be at SS as opposed to FS ... keep his responsibilities closer to the LOS (where he's very good) and keep him away from playing center field. Bama DB's don't have the best track record in recent years ...

HAHA looked pretty awesome this year for GB.:nod:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is a SS, which is the position that Nate Allen played. Jenkins is the FS for a few years to go. Holliman is the FS that is rated by many as the top FS in the draft, although I'm not real hep on him either.
Drummond or Prewitt would be my choice over either Collins or Holliman.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was incorrect of what I said?

As I said before...

WR shouldn't even be talked about UNTIL 2 CBs, S, ILB and OG are addressed.

IF those are addressed in FA then we can add depth to the D and look for OL depth and WR's in the draft.

IF not in FA we better go D, D, D, D, D, D in the draft and not even look at an O player.

So as of now we need to only worry about D in my opinion and the Offensive skill positions are the last thing we need to worry about.

Two obvious flaws in your statement:

1. You want a D where all the weak spots are filled with rookies? I sure don't. At least one of those CBs has to be a seasoned, proven veteran. Coaches can design a D scheme to let the S help on one side, but not both.

2. You can plan all you want, but you have no idea what opportunities you will have in the draft. I want the ability to draft BPA if I want to and not be locked into a need pick.

Free Agency has to give us a few players. Hopefully one (or two) of them are CBs and hopefully there is a WR and a OŁ too. That gives you the ability to get one CB, One S, early and be flexible enough to address LB, WR, and OŁ as the draft falls.

This draft has some interesting OŁ and WR that I don't want to HAVE to pass on.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. You want a D where all the weak spots are filled with rookies? I sure don't. At least one of those CBs has to be a seasoned, proven veteran. Coaches can design a D scheme to let the S help on one side, but not both.

2. You can plan all you want, but you have no idea what opportunities you will have in the draft. I want the ability to draft BPA if I want to and not be locked into a need pick.

Free Agency has to give us a few players. Hopefully one (or two) of them are CBs and hopefully there is a WR and a OŁ too. That gives you the ability to get one CB, One S, early and be flexible enough to address LB, WR, and OŁ as the draft falls.

Agree 100% Deano :agree:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been watchin him Rey (K. Johnson). He looks like a player. I think Johnson's best days are ahead of him as he fills out and gains more quality weight. You gave me a heads up on Collins. I think this year we go O line early and he is a darn good one. :agree:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...No I want the D addressed way before we even think about WR's. Thru FA or the draft. IF we DO NOT address MOST of our needs thru FA then our DRAFT better be D, D, D, D...

IF we address most of our D in FA then we can worry about the depth of the D and OL and WR via the draft.

Seems you and Wings are confused.

Let me put it this way I don't want to see any skill position addressed until we get several of our holes filled on D. However that is.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...No I want the D addressed way before we even think about WR's. Thru FA or the draft. IF we DO NOT address MOST of our needs thru FA then our DRAFT better be D, D, D, D...

IF we address most of our D in FA then we can worry about the depth of the D and OL and WR via the draft.

Seems you and Wings are confused.

Let me put it this way I don't want to see any skill position addressed until we get several of our holes filled on D. However that is.

I agree with you to an extent - but allow me to use an example: let's say we go through FA and we don't address Safety, are you willing to draft one instead of a WR that will kick his ass at the pro level in a 1-on-1 matchup just because we need the safety more, knowing that the WR is the better prospect? Remember Jaiquwan Jarrett? I was screaming at the screen that they didn't draft Randall Cobb instead, look at how that turned out.