• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl Week....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perryman reportedly sat out with an abdominal pull.

That's what happens to short LB'ers! Just bustin' on Wingo! :rollseyes:

I like Denzel also, just wish he was 6'2".

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North

Qb - Bryce Petty impressed me today, he looked like the QB I expected. His reads were quick, and his ball was on target with zip. The other North Qb's just do not impress me at all, I mean if you can't impress in 7-7's you sure as hell are not gonna impress with D-linemen and linebackers breathing down your neck.

RB - Ameer Abdullah and David Cobb look by far the best rb's there.

WR - Jamison Crowder continues to impress with his speed, and his quickness in and out of his breaks. Justin Hardy once again looked very solid....reminds me of our own Jeremy Maclin. Devin Smith had a better showing, I'd like to see him get a bit more physical with the Db's.

TE - uhmmmmm

O-line - Laken Tomlinson is a guy CHIP KELLY better be looking at ! I absolutely love this kids game. He stoned Danny Shelton multiple times! Understand that is a young Haloti Ngata and Tomlinson just stood him right the Fuck up! I absolutely loved what I have seen from him. He sinks his hips well and gets under the defender, and when he gets his paws on you it's over!
I thought T.J. Clemmings had a bad day, he was beaten bad several times. His draft stock could start to drop if he continues, he has a huge upside, but needs technique work. Donavain Smith my PSU boy again impressed, his stock is definitely on the rise. Max Garcia continues to impress me as a late rd G/C steal.

D-line
Danny Shelton - BEAST! nough Said
Za'Darius Smith must have gone from a 5th rd pick to a 2nd round pick in 2 weeks. This kid has pretty much been unblockable. Very impressive DE. Nate Orchard was pretty impressive today with his explosive first step.

LB
Hau'oli kikaha - This kid is explosive getting after the QB, he has an insane spin move, he has get off speed, he is insane sideline to sideline, he has shown solid coverage skills....he may go first round after this week. I love this kids game. This is the player they were hoping for when we drafted Smith in rd 1 last year. Jeff Luc wow, Beast with wheels. i really thought this kid was just a 4-3 MLB, but damn he has shown off some damn good wheels, cover skills, and he blew up a rb in the backfield today, play of the day!

CB
Josh Shaw I keeps saying it, love the kid, like him even more at Safety, this kid can bang, and his coverage is damn good. Quentin Rollins looked better today, but he may be better suited at Safety as well. I like what i see from Eric Rowe in press coverage, he has good size at 6'1 as well.

Safety

Kurtis Drummond showed that physical nature that he really showed last year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say much about these players with such a small sample size. That being said, I did find a couple of guys who flashed enough for me to pull up some film soon:

Imoan Claiborne CB - Competes hard, stuck well.

Owa Odighizuwa LB/DE - Really liked what I saw

Shaq Mason OG - Great base and center of gravity

Damarius Randall CB/S - Smooth with good anticipation

Dezmin Lewis WR - Good mitts

Kikaha LB - Really liking this kid after already watching some game film.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, your boy Bennett is already turning heads, and is moving up very fast. At the combine, he will probably be the star of the show, and become a 2nd round pick. I predict now (and reserve the right to change my mind), that we will wind up with either Grayson or Bennett as our future QB, and either Dorsett or Devin Smith as our WR. This, of course, would depend upon us getting the secondary fixed in free agency.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, your boy Bennett is already turning heads, and is moving up very fast. At the combine, he will probably be the star of the show, and become a 2nd round pick. I predict now (and reserve the right to change my mind), that we will wind up with either Grayson or Bennett as our future QB, and either Dorsett or Devin Smith as our WR. This, of course, would depend upon us getting the secondary fixed in free agency.

It makes more sense to draft Bennett or Grayson and have them learn a season behind Foles, then it does to mortgage the farm for Mariota.

I talked about Dorsett a couple weeks ago, he really popped on film as a guy that had serious jets maybe even faster than DJax with good hands. That Crowder kid from Duke is similar as well as Lockett from Kansas St. I would love to be able to draft Auburn Sammie though! Dude is awesome! The next Terrell Owens??? Perhaps.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Jefferson was a guy that caught my eye in the Alamo Bowl, he fits the Eagles' new prototype for what they look for in their DBs... plays physical. Looking forward to seeing him and Wings's boy Tartt on Saturday. Josh Shaw flashed a lot in the Shrine Game last week, like him too.

I like that they're interviewing some of the speed WRs, I think Chip may have realized the value of a vertical threat in his offense that was missing this year. Sammie can burn, that's for sure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bennett is going to rise that high because he had a mediocre senior season. But...when you watch him throw, he can throw a nice ball, better than almost every QB at the Senior Bowl. It's more of an indictment of the other guys than anything. This is a crap QB class.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on drafting a vertical threat this year ... with this offense we need at least one guy who teams need to account for as a HR threat who can burn Ds if they cheat up. I'm liking Wings' boy Dorsett more and more. Not only does he have Jet's, but he looks to be able to cut off his route sharply back to the QB. To me he's a guy who can thrive in this O.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Coates. Think he compares more with Dez Bryant than T.O., as far as size goes. T.O. was 6'3", body structure more chisled than Bryant's or Coates'.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching Day 3 of the South practice. I still think Grayson looks like the best QB right now, but Bennett definitely flashes ability, however he did not look real good today. Phillip Dorsett, Sammie Sammie Auburn Sammie, and Tyler Lockett continue to put on a WR clinic. The catch of the day belonged to Rannell Hall out of Central Florida. Clive Walford has impressed me so much I am gonna draft him early in my keeper league(I need a good TE bad) David Johnson a RB I spoke about a few weeks ago really showed today. He is a big back with good speed and power. I thought Rey's boy La'el Collins looked awesome today. He was the only one able to somewhat stop Grady Jarret(more on him later). I really like Tre Jackson the guard out of Fla St. Mayock was jerkin off over Shaq Mason, I wasn't quite sure why, perhaps Mayock sees more of his upside then i did. On Defense Preston Smith really impressed me in 1-1's. I have made it known that i am not a huge Cedric Thornton guy, I think players like Thornton are a dime a dozen. Preston Smith shows burst off the snap, violent hands and awesome power. Grady Jarret who i mentioned earlier had a sensational day of practice and was barely block-able. Owamagbe Odighizuwa who if we draft I am calling him Double Ohhhhhh because there is no way I'm trying to say that name. He looked quick off the snap, showed quick pass rush move, very Dion Jordan like. Lynden Trail a guy I like, needs work but I like him as a late rd prospect with upside. Ladarius Gunter showed good coverage at Cb, showing good tight physical cover ability. I thought Cody Prewitt the safety from Ole miss had an awesome day of practice. He showed good coverage in 1-1's and looked good in the redzone defense.

not sure I'll get to see the North practice until tomorrow.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett would be a nice slot receiver in our offense.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett's filthy ... a few of us have been talking about him for the past 2 seasons. The kid's been filling out too ... I'd love to see him in Green.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett's filthy ... a few of us have been talking about him for the past 2 seasons. The kid's been filling out too ... I'd love to see him in Green.

He's Antonio Brownish. I've always been a fan. I didn't realize how much he killed it down the stretch this season. He's uncoverable.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we need to groom another WR/PR/KR to replace Sproles, who I doubt we sign to a long term contract after this coming season. So, here are my candidates:
LOCKETT
GOODLEY
CROWDER
DORSETT

Any one of these look to be the best out there. The Combine should tell us a lot about which one(s) stand out the best. Any other names?