• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? We had only 2 QB hits on 41 drop backs by Stafford...

lol not sure where that comment came from but I didn't want to be a jerk about it.

@seattlefan75 they allowed over 10 3rd down conversions and 25+ first downs. Every single Rams drive in the second half resulted in points. We allowed a 9 minute first possession drive with 16 plays resulting in a TD (when your defense is supposed to be rested after your offense just scored).

We missed some tackles, applied no pressure on the QB whatsoever, allowed wide open passes, and allowed a home run ball that 9 times out of 10 any QB in the NFL would hit but it was a bit too far overthrown.

I'm not going to excuse the offense either, who put together 4 three and outs (yes there was a first down, due to a penalty though) in the second half... it didn't help matters.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst player on our DL yesterday was D. Taylor... Seems like he was always getting stood up at the LOS... He literally was none existent with the amount of time he played... Her was just terrible...

Same as last year. He was pretty bad early on. He did get better later in the season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst player on our DL yesterday was D. Taylor... Seems like he was always getting stood up at the LOS... He literally was none existent with the amount of time he played... Her was just terrible...

Eh they were all non-existent. Surprise surprise. Even after Jones acquisition I was concerned about the DL because no NT, we got rid of basically everyone (including Harris who played okay when healthy, and Jones just simply replaced). Nobody on the DL or EDGE really made any plays yesterday.

Again I said it above, it felt like every time our D was on the field we had 9 or 10 playing against their 11. Just wide open receivers everywhere, yah okay the run D was decent, but despite the low average it seemed they were always getting positive yards lol. Both TDs are D went vanilla mode, no issue converting short yardage.

It's been like this for a while by the way. This is not the first game, it's been like this for like 5 years... just HUGE wide open passes to wide open receivers who exploit our soft zone while we have no real consistent pass rush and our D has zero clue how to cover mid/underneath passes.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as last year. He was pretty bad early on. He did get better later in the season.
At least last year he had an excuse... He was basically a rookie because he was coming off an injury...

We have the talent on defense imo... Our coaching is just letting us down right now...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have the talent on D? I cant recall a time where any one stepped up and made a play when it was needed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least last year he had an excuse... He was basically a rookie because he was coming off an injury...

We have the talent on defense imo... Our coaching is just letting us down right now...

It remains to be seen whether we have talent on D or not. We still have basically zero interior pass rush which allows the QB to step into his throws.

The offense was bad in the 2nd yesterday but they have at least a little bit of an excuse in that both tackles went down. There is reason to believe that the offense will improve.

However, the defense seems to more of a hopeless case. The Rams have an inexperienced OL and we allowed a 5th round WR, in his first game, get 100+ receiving yards on us. Maybe Witherspoon helps a little but to me, the defense is simply not executing at nearly a high enough level.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen whether we have talent on D or not. We still have basically zero interior pass rush which allows the QB to step into his throws.

The offense was bad in the 2nd yesterday but they have at least a little bit of an excuse in that both tackles went down. There is reason to believe that the offense will improve.

However, the defense seems to more of a hopeless case. The Rams have an inexperienced OL and we allowed a 5th round WR, in his first game, get 100+ receiving yards on us. Maybe Witherspoon helps a little but to me, the defense is simply not executing at nearly a high enough level.
On offense, I agree... We won't be this bad all season but on defense? I don't know... This is why on defense, I feel it has more to do with the coaching staff... Love/Diggs are very good safeties... Woolen was DPOTY runner up last year... Jones was a stud in Denver... Wagner is a veteran/stud... Our scheme doesn't put us in position to make plays... This soft zone scheme isn't working... We rarely ever blitz to help out w/ our rush defense... We are constantly giving up passes underneath in front of our LB's/DB's... That's scheme imo... If it was just one guy giving up the passes underneath i'd say it was him but it's everyone in pass coverage that is giving up passes underneath...

Yesterday was a great example of this... They take out Tre Brown because he was having his lunch given to him on the underneath routes and replace him with Michael Jackson... Then the same thing kept happening... That's coaching/scheme... It took 5 or 6 games for our coaches to fix it last year, which is another example of it being the coaching and not lack of talent...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be real, what our team showed yesterday is definitely cause for, "concern"... But a lot could change next week if we beat Detroit on the road... I know it looks doom and gloom right now but I want to give the team a few weeks before I start to hit the panic button...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be real, what our team showed yesterday is definitely cause for, "concern"... But a lot could change next week if we beat Detroit on the road... I know it looks doom and gloom right now but I want to give the team a few weeks before I start to hit the panic button...
I think our chances in Detroit are very slim, give Goff all day and he will tear you apart.
At home against the panthers is a tossup, they trounced us last year and now they are much improved at qb. We may see Bryce young's breakout game.
An 0-3 start is a possibility, a catastrophic possibility.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive schemes have me feeling no hope, it’s just not working … And I feel like Pete’s gonna pound that dead horse to prove it can work, prepare for a long season unless major changes are made scheme wise …
where did they play in seattle or la?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our chances in Detroit are very slim, give Goff all day and he will tear you apart.
At home against the panthers is a tossup, they trounced us last year and now they are much improved at qb. We may see Bryce young's breakout game.

Well certainly if yesterday is an indication of where the team is, then we are looking at a 4 win season. But I think that is pretty unlikely.

We can't completely discount the fact that we ALWAYS get slapped around by the Rams. Let's not forget that we only scored 16 last year against them despite the Rams having a glorified college team by that time. And we needed to go into overtime to get that win.

As bad as we played yesterday, we STILL could have won that game if Tre Brown doesn't give up that dumb penalty and if our offense could have executed on a couple of plays.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, that's what it could look like... I remember things were gloom and doom a few years ago when we went 0-2 and then we beat a good Dallas team to go 1-2... You could be right but I'm going to wait a few games to get to the place you're at thru one game...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, that's what it could look like... I remember things were gloom and doom a few years ago when we went 0-2 and then we beat a good Dallas team to go 1-2... You could be right but I'm going to wait a few games to get to the place you're at thru one game...
I needed to see how the defense looked before I made a judgment, and I have seen enough. its going to be a long season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but also no excuse for 4 straight 3 and outs against the Rams. Okay Lockett down, both the tackles went down... we're not against the 49ers here... we should've been able to get ONE first down for Fs sake. I mean it was just a disaster all around.

Dickson and Walker. About the only two I can't point a finger at.
where did they play in seattle or la?

Seattle, It was a BAD day for sure …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Geno Contract will also hurt us now, they wont pull the trigger and sit him if he plays awful or flat like he did yesterday. We will see a half dozen or more games like this from Geno this year. You can't be lucky like he was last year twice in a row it's just not going to happen.